1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

“God Hates Fags” Group to Protest HS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shunt, May 24, 2005.

1. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

John 19:11 "Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

For you reverend,

Mark 3:28-29 "I tell you the thruth, all the sins and blasphemeis of men will be forgiven them. but whoever blashemies agaisnst he Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

I am not sure, but I think am pretty certain that giving the Son of God over to die is pretty close, but even that isn't clear. There is another scripture that I cannot find at the moment. Today is my wife and I's 5th anniversary and must hurry.

God Bless!
  2. Slugger926

Slugger926 Cowboy

Happy aniversery!!!!! Thanks for looking that stuff up as well.
  3. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.

Of course. See John 19:11

Check also Matt 23:23. Jesus clearly states that justice and mercy are weightier matters, and therefore greater sins when ignored, than tithing.

Murdering 6 million Jews is a greater sin than telling your wife her dress looks nice even though you hate it. This only makes common sense.
  4. GodsPeace

What I see of Matt 23:23 Jesus tells them to not only observe the law and tithing, but not forget to do what is right otherwise as well.

Murdering 6million Jews is a greater sin, but my friend, it is 6 million seperate sins, surely that is greater then one sin. I am not attempting to play a semantical game here, but instead I don't think any sin offends God any less then another. I don't see it as worse to commit sexual sin as any other, each is sin as such equally wrong. Man places weight upon seperate sin. The reason sexual sin is so aweful is it usually is multiple sins on top of one another between at least 2 people. Mark my word usually for any exceptions. In the eyes of man, stealing a candy bar is not as bad as committing murder, but in the eyes of God both acts bare only one name, SIN!
  5. RxCowboy

I refer you again to Jesus' own words, the "weightier matters" of mercy and justice. By Jesus' own words and following simple logic, committing an injustice or being unmericiful would therefore be greater sins than not tithing. This seems to me to only make sense.

Sorry, my friend, I just can't follow you there.

When asked what the greatest commandments were (and breaking a commandment is a sin, no?), Jesus answered to love God above all else and to love each other. If breaking these were not a greater sin then how would these be greater commandments. Jesus' own words many times through scripture indicates a hierarchy to sin. All sin is missing the mark. But some shots are far wider than others.

But back to the topic that started this thread... I hope you can agree with this...

Jesus is the one who delivers us from our trangressions, sexual and otherwise. For the unrepentent hetero- or homo-sexual he is their only hope. He is the only one who can change the hearts of the hardened sinners, and carrying picket signs seems to me to only push them farther away.

Homosexuality is clearly a sin, an abomination before God. It must not be practiced or hidden within one's heart in the form of lust. But this is no different than any other sin. Only the Light of Christ shines in those hidden places and illuminates them. In him we are more than conquerers. Without him we are overcome by the desires of our flesh and ultimately doomed.

It appears to me that in his hatred this man has become so blinded by rage that he doesn't want to see homosexuals saved and delivered at all, but actually wants to see them burn in hell. This is sad and pathetic, IMHO, and damaging to the cause of Christ. One who brings such dishonor to the cross is in as much danger of hell fire as the ones he is picketing. Jesus said that many will call, "Lord! Lord!" and he will answer, "I do not know you." It seems to me that this man is one of those.

6. GodsPeace

I do not agree about the weight of sin. To apply this weight to sin is to say that someone's sins are lesser or more then my own. There is no way to know this. Sin is sin expressly because it is an offense against God, and he can not look upon it.

I do agree that the men/women participating with WBC are doing nothing helpful to the cause of Christ. They are seeking to push a hateful way to the world, and that is totally against anything that Jesus taught. Actually, it reminds me of the actions of the religious teachers of Jesus time always baiting him into a mistake, always inciting crowds, and always holding themselves up as if they were the standard by which men were to be judged. No matter the semantics of the arguments, no matter what one wishes to be true, there is nothing to indicate to me that one sin is greater then another. All sin is equal in the eyes of God, except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. There is a scriptual reference for that, but I am short on time. So God Bless! Pray for the evil and lost among us, so that maybe they do find Christ in their hearts and greet homosexuals with a hug, hand of friendship, spirit of fellowship, and the Grace and Mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
  7. RxCowboy

To this I will agree and simply add an Amen!
  8. GodsPeace

Rx...

I think we can agree to disagree on a few things, like what sin weighs more then another, but we can agree that the mistreatment of others for perceived sin is as nonChristlike as one can get. Jesus warned to take care of the plank in your own eye before worrying about the speck in your brothers. We all sin, we all fall short, it doesn't matter whose is worse for we all carry the same guilt for putting Christ on the Cross. We are all a bunch of little Adam and Eve's running around making a mockery of God's creation, and finding new ways to judge, sin, recreate sin, and discover new ways in which to mimick our ancestors in sin.

We can only try to show an example, the WBC church group is everything that is wrong with legalism. I would pray for them and those they attack, for they are both equally guilty and equally qualified as anyone else to receive the glorious gift of salvation.

God Bless!!!
  9. bleedaggie

Staff A/V Subscriber bleedaggie Moderator

Seems to me we could rightly say that all sins are equal in the fact that all sins separate us from the perfection of God. God's standard is perfection, and even the "smallest" sin separates us from Him. In that sense, it doesn't matter if you steal a candy bar or commit murder, the result with respect to your position with God is the same - you're separated because you're less than perfect.

That's the point of the Gospel: All of us have committed sin. Some of us have committed really big sins, and some of us have committed teeny tiny sins. But the fact is, God is perfect and we are not. Since God cannot be connected with imperfection, He demands payment for sin. That payment was death. So, Jesus Christ - the only one not owing the price - died, and rose again. When we put our faith in Him, trusting that the price is paid, He gives us eternal life.

All sins are not equal in that the consequences vary. I think that's what we are seeing in the passages you guys are talking about. It's also what we find in the entire Mosaic law. Some sins we're punishable by death, and some by other things. Some sins get greater consequences, but in a certain sense, sin is sin.
  10. RxCowboy

Sins not equal, consequences vary

Well said, Bleedaggie, and Amen! It is good to find others here who are of like precious faith. Nice conversation.
  11. GodsPeace

Ok, I agree here...

Sure, I can find support for your argument that sin does vary in weight, but also there is argument to be made that it really doesn't matter cause sin is sin. Agreed.

I personally don't care what kind of sin it is, it is sin. I sin small or big, doesn't matter, it is just another blow Christ had to take for me. I am so happy that I have salvation, and can agree that it is nice to find others of same type of faith.

It says something wonderful to me that we don't disagree about Jesus Christ, we disagree as to the weight of various sins. If that is all we have to argue about, I am fairly certain we will find our answers to these questions together in the presence of one who knows upstairs.

God Bless!