20 yr Anniversary Ideas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
Need ideas for my wife and I's 20 yr anniversary coming up in August.

Originally we were going to Grand Cayman, but now we'll be lucky to get out of Oklahoma.

Need help with places to eat, go and stay for a night or two. Lake cabins, boat rentals, etc..

Thanks.
Go Pokes.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Originally we were going to Grand Cayman, but now we'll be lucky to get out of Oklahoma.

Need help with places to eat, go and stay for a night or two. Lake cabins, boat rentals, etc..

Thanks.
Go Pokes.
My wife and I had a trip to Italy planned for May for our 25th anniversary that obviously got canceled. We went to Branson and Eureka Springs in early June. A lot was still closed and seem to have outbreaks there now they have reopened some.

We do a lot of day trips on the weekends and would recommend going anywhere around Beaver's Bend. Get on Trip Advisor and do some research on the area and you should be able to narrow down things that fit your interests.

Jul 10, 2009
Stillwater, OK
For a really fancy dinner, I'd recommend Fait Maison in Edmond. They have an incredible menu, but the two times we've gone, we've ordered their tasting menu paired with wines.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Just got back from Montana and Wyoming...fly out of Tulsa to Bozeman and go stay in Yellowstone or somewhere in that region. We loved Under Canvas Yellowstone in West Yellowstone. For a romantic trip try to find a cabin around Teton National Park... they are a bit pricy in Jackson Hole due to in country demand being up since they have so few covid cases in those three states (Montana, Wyoming and Idaho). You could also do Boise, Billings, or Missoula. Flights were 100% full on American but EVERYONE (they force it's enforcement thank God) wears a mask and it felt safe. 700,000 Americans flew over the holiday weekend....most since Mid-March. For a special treat you could also book a flight into or out of Jackson Hole. Have friends who just got back from Alaska and they would recommend that as well...Also sat by someone on the plane that went to Juneau Alaska and did an Airbnb on a small island connected by a bridge. $400 round trip tickets and $400 for the week in the airbnb. You and the Mrs. just need a negative covid test within three days of arrival for Alaska...nothing for the other three states I mentioned. Oh, and both travelers said the people in Alaska were wonderful and so accommodating because they have no cruise ships and need business. Alaska's cases are also very low. OR If you want something a "little" closer but still drivable Santa Fe was nice in May when we went...of course restaurants were doing curbside only but it was fantastic to be in that city without any crowds.

Travel is good for the soul and it's GREAT for those places that need it right now. One can socially distance and travel carefully and responsibly even during this time (I hope)...just stay clear of crowds.

Congrats on 20! It is a big one...use the time you were going too use for Cayman and do it right! Just my opinion mind you...I don't know you or your spouses comfort level for adventure.
Under Canvas Glamping tent
1594234603906.png

Last edited:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

Thanks.
Go Pokes.
Ahhhh the memories...

Wanna know where my wife took me for our 20th?

Divorce court. :glare:

Little did I realize at the time... Best.anniversary.present.EVAR!!!

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Our 15th anniversary is next June. We were going to plan something big, but I don't even know for certain if we'll be able to leave the country at this rate. I guess we'll have to wait and book late.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Pebble Beach, bar none. That is where my wife took me for our 20th. We stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay. All of our meals had menus customized to us for our anniversary. All of the staff at the restaurants and golf courses had been informed and gave us the royal treatment. The Monterey Peninsula is outstanding. Beautiful drives, great hiking, and the beach.

Even met Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson at the driving range before my round at Pebble. My wife thought it was Willie Mays. She asked me and was so loud that Reggie heard her. He laughed, looked up at her and said.."Man I wish."
Was great just to get a few minutes to talk to him. He was one of my baseball idols as a youngster.

This was a trip worth repeating. Will likely do it again within the next 5 years.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The wife and I ran the nyc marathon for our 20th. Met New York Poke in a pub to watch our cowboys trounce Texas in the first three quarters only to see them have their biggest comeback in history on us in the fourth. Other than that Stupid game we had a great time in NYC in the good ole days...before covid and travel restrictions.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Our 15th anniversary is next June. We were going to plan something big, but I don't even know for certain if we'll be able to leave the country at this rate. I guess we'll have to wait and book late.
The election (either way) is going to magically cure COVID-19. If trump wins we will have some other crisis like riots and malcontents making noise but the covid will be over. Bank on it. You will be fine, at least I hope so because we are also booked for Africa next August.

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
Just got back from Montana and Wyoming...fly out of Tulsa to Bozeman and go stay in Yellowstone or somewhere in that region. We loved Under Canvas Yellowstone in West Yellowstone. For a romantic trip try to find a cabin around Teton National Park... they are a bit pricy in Jackson Hole due to in country demand being up since they have so few covid cases in those three states (Montana, Wyoming and Idaho). You could also do Boise, Billings, or Missoula. Flights were 100% full on American but EVERYONE (they force it's enforcement thank God) wears a mask and it felt safe. 700,000 Americans flew over the holiday weekend....most since Mid-March. For a special treat you could also book a flight into or out of Jackson Hole. Have friends who just got back from Alaska and they would recommend that as well...Also sat by someone on the plane that went to Juneau Alaska and did an Airbnb on a small island connected by a bridge. $400 round trip tickets and $400 for the week in the airbnb. You and the Mrs. just need a negative covid test within three days of arrival for Alaska...nothing for the other three states I mentioned. Oh, and both travelers said the people in Alaska were wonderful and so accommodating because they have no cruise ships and need business. Alaska's cases are also very low. OR If you want something a "little" closer but still drivable Santa Fe was nice in May when we went...of course restaurants were doing curbside only but it was fantastic to be in that city without any crowds.

Travel is good for the soul and it's GREAT for those places that need it right now. One can socially distance and travel carefully and responsibly even during this time (I hope)...just stay clear of crowds.

Congrats on 20! It is a big one...use the time you were going too use for Cayman and do it right! Just my opinion mind you...I don't know you or your spouses comfort level for adventure.
Under Canvas Glamping tent
View attachment 83084

She surprised me on my 40th birthday with a fly fishing trip to Bozeman. Loved it and the area.

Plan on doing Alaska next year. She just had her 5th back surgery in May.

Thanks for the info. I will keep it. Glamping looks cool to do.

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
The election (either way) is going to magically cure COVID-19. If trump wins we will have some other crisis like riots and malcontents making noise but the covid will be over. Bank on it. You will be fine, at least I hope so because we are also booked for Africa next August.

Africa sound like a cool trip.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
She surprised me on my 40th birthday with a fly fishing trip to Bozeman. Loved it and the area.

Plan on doing Alaska next year. She just had her 5th back surgery in May.

Thanks for the info. I will keep it. Glamping looks cool to do.
Dude, sorry to hear about the back surgery...Hope and pray for her quick recovery. Oh, and by the way, congratulations on doing something very few couples are able to do these days.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We are heading to Rosemary Beach next week for our 20th. We were supposed to be going to Goldeneye in Jamaica, but no dice.
I LOVE Rosemary Beach...my wife and I used to go there and take the kids and stay in carriage houses back in the day when it was mostly still under construction. LOVE that area....but it's gotten really pricy these days. We were in Grayton Beach in March when the big Covid scare started. Wonderful people vacation there and own homes in the area...it's just a bit out of my range, but I can go and enjoy the beach. That's the great thing about travel, if you research and dig hard enough anyone can find great deals on just about anywhere...sans maybe Bora Bora.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Africa sound like a cool trip.
We are being invited by my wife's brother who has means...and lots of world travel experience. 17 of us on his invitation and expense...amazing if we get to do it...was scheduled for the end of this month but he, obviously, had to reschedule to next year to save the trip. Amazing guy... a giver plus a very hard worker with STRONG family ties...that's why I think he has so much. I'm humbled that he has offered and is taking us. Btw, he was also the guy that enabled us to run the NYC marathon for our 20th. We were raising money for MD research and to find a cure. My nephew has it, and we would all appreciate prayers for them and him.

Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
If you're going to stay in Oklahoma, check out Pawhuska. Gets you out of the metros and plenty to do there besides Ree Drummonds stuff though there's that too if you're into her thing. I think it's really pretty there but I'm into the prairie and like to go the Nature Conservancys prairie preserve there. Ponca City (Marland Mansion) and Bartlesville (Woolaroc and other Phillips stuff) are both within an hours drive too.