2018 Thunder Offseason

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
They can't stop it. Chris Paul trade to the Lakers was blocked ONLY because the NBA officially owned the Pelicans(Hornets) at the time. Just gonna have to get better.

If it makes you feel better we pay Kyle Singler $4.9mil a year to sit on the bench in a suite and contemplate whatever the hell is in his head.
"I think I got my ponytail to tight, why can't I have hair like Adams?" Kyle Singler Thought life

Oct 30, 2007
Having a starting lineup with 5 all-stars completely devalues winning a championship. Hopefully this isn't a trend we see continued.

Seeing this happen really makes you appreciate the greatness that was Michael Jordan. The Bulls had two great players, one great defender/rebounder, and some really good roll players. I can't imagine what it would've been like if Jordan would've left the Bulls early in his career to join a contender.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I just hate the Warriors.

Dec 19, 2012
I saw the Thunder would save $91 million in luxury tax if they stretch Melo over the three year max. If they do that it will give salary hits this year and the next two years of $9 million, thus limiting future flexibility.

The thing I think people forget is that Melo would appove a trade as long as a cheaper team agrees to buy him out (this can be done later in the year), and it would free the Thunder of the full amount of his contract saving over $100 million with repeater tax. It also allows Melo to sign with anyone not named Thunder or the team that cuts him.

The other benefit of waiting is that Melo's worth is rock bottom right now, so you might as well see if he can increase his stock unless you need money space to sign a Free Agent.

Singler's two year deal would be a huge savings with almost $5 mil over two years too.
I projext the Thunder to be around $160 mil toward cap with all the salaries included, and the luxury line is $123.7 mil. Melo's contract is $27.9 and Singler's right under $5 mil. If they can unload both their salary would be around $128 million, within $5ish mil of luxury line.

Thunder RE-Sign Raymond Felton. Still have MLE $5.3mil.
Nice, I wouldn't mind Isiaah Thomas off the bench as the primary scorer, his defense could hide with that unit.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I saw the Thunder would save $91 million in luxury tax if they stretch Melo over the three year max. If they do that it will give salary hits this year and the next two years of $9 million, thus limiting future flexibility.

The thing I think people forget is that Melo would appove a trade as long as a cheaper team agrees to buy him out (this can be done later in the year), and it would free the Thunder of the full amount of his contract saving over $100 million with repeater tax. It also allows Melo to sign with anyone not named Thunder or the team that cuts him.

The other benefit of waiting is that Melo's worth is rock bottom right now, so you might as well see if he can increase his stock unless you need money space to sign a Free Agent.

Singler's two year deal would be a huge savings with almost $5 mil over two years too.
I projext the Thunder to be around $160 mil toward cap with all the salaries included, and the luxury line is $123.7 mil. Melo's contract is $27.9 and Singler's right under $5 mil. If they can unload both their salary would be around $128 million, within $5ish mil of luxury line.

Nice, I wouldn't mind Isiaah Thomas off the bench as the primary scorer, his defense could hide with that unit.
He's going to Orlando last I saw.

I think from remaining available guys this is a list of best bets and 1 I wish witht he MLE($5.3mil). Remember next to no one has money right now so it's competitive.

1. I wish. Jamal Crawford
2. Wayne Ellington
3. Michael Beasley
4. Probably should be 4 Mbah ah Moute
5. Trevor Booker
6. Shabbaz Muhammad
7. Aaron Aflalo
8. Aaron Harrison
9. Rodney Hood(he'd be higher but he's restricted free agent Cleveland would match anyway)
10. Jordan Crawford
11. Corey Brewer

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
So 3 games into Summer League...

1. T-Ferg is still struggling
2. Daniel Hamilton, PJ Dozier, Hamidou Diallo, and Deonte Burton look ready to play
3. Dakari Johnson still has 2inch vertical, but he's big
4. Roberson said he should be back for training camp and has been doing a lot of work on his shooting.

Dec 19, 2012
Melo has waived his NO TRADE clause. Thunder are seeking trades for him to a team that will dump him, and Houston is likely place he ends up.
I saw Lin got traded from Nets to Hawks. He was in Thunder/Nets discussion, hopefully the Thunder can find a Melo trade partner so his salary doesn't hinder our future.

Isiaah Thomas signed a $2mil ver min with Denver. I wish we had him off the bench, so he could provide a scoring boost for that unit. Wayne Ellington signed with MIA too. The market is drying up for FAs.

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I saw Lin got traded from Nets to Hawks. He was in Thunder/Nets discussion, hopefully the Thunder can find a Melo trade partner so his salary doesn't hinder our future.

Isiaah Thomas signed a $2mil ver min with Denver. I wish we had him off the bench, so he could provide a scoring boost for that unit. Wayne Ellington signed with MIA too. The market is drying up for FAs.
Jamal Crawford and Michael Beasley are still available. There are other places trades are possible, but I wouldn't hold out a ton of hope there. We'll see.