2019 OSU football survey

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Always enjoy seeing these results. This year, I'm curious to see how OSU fans treat Les Miles.
Most I would assume are probably like me and right now have no opinion because we have yet to see any of the product on the field. I mean it may be Les mi5les but it's also Kansas so we'll see. I think the real clue as to what we think will be after this year in next year's survey

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Apr 7, 2006
I enjoyed PFB for a long time and then last year the continued infatuation with Baker Mayfield, the QB whining (nonstop in writing and on the podcast) and the constant need to be a bro finally pushed me over the edge. I think the site was better before it started being driven by the bottom line. Once you’re trying to turn a profit (generate clicks and debates) instead of just being a blog for OSU fans the entire focus changes.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I enjoyed PFB for a long time and then last year the continued infatuation with Baker Mayfield, the QB whining (nonstop in writing and on the podcast) and the constant need to be a bro finally pushed me over the edge. I think the site was better before it started being driven by the bottom line. Once you’re trying to turn a profit (generate clicks and debates) instead of just being a blog for OSU fans the entire focus changes.
I'm pretty sure everything you said is 100% correct. I couldn't agree more

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You forgot their constant need to create nicknames for every.single.person that they mention in an article, multiple articles that all discuss the same content, then linking those related articles within the other articles, and endless pontifications about things like unfiorm combinations and Gundy's hair. They seem to be very self-important.

I enjoyed their approach early on, but lost interest about 6-8 months ago. I rarely visit the site anymore.

TDL is where its at (right now).

Nov 8, 2013
I still enjoy PFB, but do agree with your concerns and have shared them with PFB in a hope to provide some tension against the direction things seem to be heading. Leaving the site (voting with clicks) certainly is a valid option. This site has its own issues as well, however, with some constant, repetitive, tiresome (I think I ran out of words) personal attack dead-horse ratholes (OK, I came up with a few more) in many of the threads. :cool:

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
PFB is great for wrestling content. Seth does an awesome job, and it's the only place to get solid information on our wrestling program for free.

Flo covers OSU quite a bit too... I've recently learned that they have a ton of OSU subscribers. Their third largest subscriber base, actually. It helps that the program is still nationally relevant every year. But Flo is a premium site and you have to pay for most of their content... Seth's stuff is free and he's a legit insider.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You forgot their constant need to create nicknames for every.single.person that they mention in an article, multiple articles that all discuss the same content, then linking those related articles within the other articles, and endless pontifications about things like unfiorm combinations and Gundy's hair. They seem to be very self-important.

I enjoyed their approach early on, but lost interest about 6-8 months ago. I rarely visit the site anymore.

TDL is where its at (right now).
Hey.. I was just proud they finally branched away from describing a current player with [insert past player's name that reminds PFB of current player] 2.0.

I hate that shi..

Nov 8, 2013
PFB is great for wrestling content. Seth does an awesome job, and it's the only place to get solid information on our wrestling program for free.

Flo covers OSU quite a bit too... I've recently learned that they have a ton of OSU subscribers. Their third largest subscriber base, actually. It helps that the program is still nationally relevant every year. But Flo is a premium site and you have to pay for most of their content... Seth's stuff is free and he's a legit insider.
PFB has really improved coverage of other sports as well. Seth is excellent as you stated. But the coverage of the softball run this past season was also really nice to see. Seems to be best place for baseball information as well.

DallasOSUCowboys34

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Funny, listening to TDL podcast number 20 and one of the guys is asking Lunt if he has come up with a nickname for Sean Gleeson. Also mention that they have a sponsor.
We've had a few sponsorship opportunities, also PFB offered to buy the podcast and put it under their umbrella. We turned all of them down, and will continue to do it for free w/no sponsors unless some sweet deal comes across our desk. No ill will towards them, just wasn't the direction we wanted.

Meaning we don't really care about how many people are listening or reviews online etc, will continue to try to discuss the things that matter through a lens that is more black/white w/content that is factual and less subjective. It doesn't always turn out that way, but that is our intention. Funny thing is my Dad told me if we talk about things that the casual fan would enjoy, we would have more listeners. Which is the advantage of not answering to any sponsors or parent companies. We're hardcore fans, and only want to talk about stuff that will interest other hardcore fans. If that means we have a small listener base then so be it.

Good thing is listener base is growing, we've started to see about 1500-2000 streams/episode. Glad everyone seems to enjoy it for the most part, certainly know we won't please everyone.

10 more days!

Jan 14, 2006
We've had a few sponsorship opportunities, also PFB offered to buy the podcast and put it under their umbrella. We turned all of them down, and will continue to do it for free w/no sponsors unless some sweet deal comes across our desk. No ill will towards them, just wasn't the direction we wanted.

Meaning we don't really care about how many people are listening or reviews online etc, will continue to try to discuss the things that matter through a lens that is more black/white w/content that is factual and less subjective. It doesn't always turn out that way, but that is our intention. Funny thing is my Dad told me if we talk about things that the casual fan would enjoy, we would have more listeners. Which is the advantage of not answering to any sponsors or parent companies. We're hardcore fans, and only want to talk about stuff that will interest other hardcore fans. If that means we have a small listener base then so be it.

Good thing is listener base is growing, we've started to see about 1500-2000 streams/episode. Glad everyone seems to enjoy it for the most part, certainly know we won't please everyone.

10 more days!
Thanks for what you do and keep it up! We appreciate it more than you know.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

10 more days!
You are doing the Lord's work. Keep it up!!!