Men's Basketball 2019 SG Chris Harris Jr. Signs with OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2008
A&M received a commitment from 4* shooting guard Cashius McNeilly yesterday. Does that help us with Harris since they play the same position?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
One of my employees has close ties to the AAU scene in DFW. He refs games and his two sons play AAU ball. His oldest is a sophomore and has drawn some mild interest from OSU. Anyway, he texted Chris’s dad on Monday to get an update on his recruiting. His dad said that he has a visit left at Tech and then will decide between OSU, Tech, and A&M. It sounded like the visit at OSU went well. Tony, the employee commented that he doesn’t play defense well enough to go to Tech. I guess time will tell though.
Tony spoke to Chris and his family this weekend at a tournament and the dad is really heavy on OSU. He said Boynton calls regularly and he got the impression that Tech may be slow playing things looking at juco guys. A&M seems unlikely at this point too. Tony seemed to think that OSU was the likely choice. He also talked to Avery and he gushed about Boynton’s recruiting tactics. It sounds like the kids and the families love Boynton.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Tony spoke to Chris and his family this weekend at a tournament and the dad is really heavy on OSU. He said Boynton calls regularly and he got the impression that Tech may be slow playing things looking at juco guys. A&M seems unlikely at this point too. Tony seemed to think that OSU was the likely choice. He also talked to Avery and he gushed about Boynton’s recruiting tactics. It sounds like the kids and the families love Boynton.
Not surprised by this news. Tech’s highest ranking recruit plays the same position as Harris plus Tech has Edwards and Morretti coming back next season they can afford to slow play Harris.

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
As much as I truly do want to buy into these orange leaning predictions, I have decided to no longer excite myself prior to seeing a NLI inked with OSU's name written across the top of it... It is bad for my health to be let down so often!

Nov 6, 2010
As much as I truly do want to buy into these orange leaning predictions, I have decided to no longer excite myself prior to seeing a NLI inked with OSU's name written across the top of it... It is bad for my health to be let down so often!
You're an OSU fan, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
This is good news for OSU I have to believe.
I hope so, It's very odd its 20 minutes after Tech's Culver decides whether or not he's going pro though. Which is today at 3pm. Hoping since Culver is making a huge deal out of his announcement that he's doing something crazy like coming back to Tech or something and then we have an amazing shot at landing Chris.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Yeah crazy enough seems like Culver is coming back. He's not gonna do it at the gym among people unless he plans to come back. Chris Harris come on down baby! We got this! I'll be stunned if he doesn't commit now to OSU and Mike Boynton later today knowing all this.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Then prepare to REALLY be disappointed... cause he can't sign another NLI since he already signed one with ATM. He has to go the financial aid acceptance and enrolling route to be truly committed.