Football 2020 Ath Myles Price

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
He played WR, RB and DB, where are we planning on using him? Slot? He has speed, short in height so slot would be my guess.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Good for coaches, 2 way street.
Idk. I haven’t heard of us doing this before so I think this may impact how other recruits see us.
I doubt it will affect other recruits at all. I'm thinking that this actually has something else to do other than his visit to tech and it's coincidental.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Don't know, but based on what I read it is the TT visit. We only have room for one or two WR's in this class and he was basically it. They told him he needed to be done and that they expected him to not take any more official visits.

Jan 5, 2015
Texas
I really wish OSU didn't have this OV policy in place. I won't ever fault a kid for wanting to explore his options..it's a big decision. Plus, there's not much upside for doing this...if anything other programs and coaches can use it against OSU, a chance that other recruits view it negatively, and it's bad publicity. Not to mention, if we're that worried about competing with Tech and the like, then we need to significantly invest more in recruiting.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I really wish OSU didn't have this OV policy in place. I won't ever fault a kid for wanting to explore his options..it's a big decision. Plus, there's not much upside for doing this...if anything other programs and coaches can use it against OSU, a chance that other recruits view it negatively, and it's bad publicity. Not to mention, if we're that worried about competing with Tech and the like, then we need to significantly invest more in recruiting.
From experience I know that Gundy encourages kids to only commit when they are ready and after they've made visits that they want to make... And will only accept their commitment if it's 100%. Obviously this kid wasn't all in, so why save him a spot when there are plenty of other receivers OSU is chasing for one of very few spots available?

OSU23

Wrangler
Jan 6, 2011
Stillwater, OK
Brynden walker took an official visit to OU after committing to us and we didn’t boot him. It’s the fact that we’re loaded at WR. I guarantee that Gundy told him the offer would stand if he doesn’t continue looking at other schools. Maybe he was a risk too? I’m just saying, there are a lot of people that like to play the victim these days.

Jan 14, 2006
I'd bet there is more to it than we will ever know. It's tough because coaches can't speak about unsigned recruits, so we never get the whole story.

I wish Myles the best of luck whether he ends up back with us or somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.