2020 Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

trippin629

Territorial Marshal
Aug 26, 2009
Tulsa
Trying to organize our spring golf/baseball trip for the tcu series. If it's not sold out already.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Fyi Bedlam not coming to Tulsa this season.

The Bedlam baseball series will not return to ONEOK Field for the 2020 season, snapping a 29-year streak of games scheduled in Tulsa.

The Oklahoma-Oklahoma State baseball series has been a popular spring attraction for the city of Tulsa. Since the opening of ONEOK Field in 2010, Bedlam has averaged 8,310 fans per game.

The decision to sever ties with Tulsa was a difficult one, OSU associate athletics director and baseball administrator Kevin Fite said on Wednesday.

Nov 14, 2010
I think the Dodger's are difficult to work with on these issues

I know they have been with the Big 12 tournament.

So....
With the new stadium, there's no reason to deal with the headache

I don't know that foe a fact, but I would bet it's at least part if it.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
2-3 years ago TH made the comment on a Bedlam broadcast that you don’t build a massive stadium to not use it. The in season bedlam game on that Friday night only confirmed everyone’s suspicions that a home bedlam game that counts would drive ticket sales.

Pretty sure this has been in the works for a while as way to maximize revenue for our program. In the past we HAD to do games in OKC and Tulsa to make money, but that value isn’t the same anymore. We can make just as much playing in Stillwater.

Does it limit capacity a little? Yes. Does it hose alumni in Tulsa and OKC that were only able to make that game? A little, but we are hoping it causes you to see more games in Stillwater.

Its not about the Dodgers or any one else, it’s about putting OSU baseball and OU baseball for that matter in the best position to make revenue every year.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
2-3 years ago TH made the comment on a Bedlam broadcast that you don’t build a massive stadium to not use it. The in season bedlam game on that Friday night only confirmed everyone’s suspicions that a home bedlam game that counts would drive ticket sales.

Pretty sure this has been in the works for a while as way to maximize revenue for our program. In the past we HAD to do games in OKC and Tulsa to make money, but that value isn’t the same anymore. We can make just as much playing in Stillwater.

Does it limit capacity a little? Yes. Does it hose alumni in Tulsa and OKC that were only able to make that game? A little, but we are hoping it causes you to see more games in Stillwater.

Its not about the Dodgers or any one else, it’s about putting OSU baseball and OU baseball for that matter in the best position to make revenue every year.
I think its a great move. The crowds, especially in OKC, have been lacking. Bedlam baseball is better back on campus.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com

Completely agree.

And, any alumni in OKC and Tulsa who are upset about this aren't really fans of our baseball program anyway. I might get blasted for this, but I thought the last several times I went to a regular season bedlam game in Tulsa, the overall atmosphere was pretty lame. It had the vibe of a huge tailgate where everyone was hobnobbing with their friends and drinking (nothing wrong with that), but no one was actually paying attention to the game until about the 8th inning. I remember Donnie Walton hitting a home run and instead of a roar from the crowd, the reaction was more a golf clap. It was kind of sad, IMO. I remember the old bedlam crowds at the old Drillers stadium and those crowds were loud and intense.

I wasn't able to go to the 2018 Friday night bedlam game in Stillwater, but watching on TV, I couldn't help but be impressed by the atmosphere. It sounded like the type of atmosphere that's been missing. So, if we capture that atmosphere, and get people hooked on going to games at O'Brate, that would be a great win. This program has everything, now it just needs the consistent fan support.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I have yet to notice any mention of the scoreboards in any of the videos.

Guessing that steel frame overlooking the oSu bullpen will be the main scoreboard.

Then I would expect another smaller one(s) for the fans sitting in the outfield. Some parts of the outfield seating appear will be blocked from seeing the main scoreboard???