2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
From the article: Joe Biden’s handlers several days ago agreed to a pre-debate inspection for electronic earpieces but today abruptly reversed themselves and declined.

So does this mean that they plan to use an earpiece to tell him what to say during the debate?
I can't imagine if something like this was planned it would be planned in a few days and after the opposing side has made a spectacle of it. If it was a plan, they never would have agreed in the first place.

Bay Area Poke

Banned
Banned
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
From the article: Joe Biden’s handlers several days ago agreed to a pre-debate inspection for electronic earpieces but today abruptly reversed themselves and declined.

So does this mean that they plan to use an earpiece to tell him what to say during the debate?
He doesn’t need an earpiece. I’m sure he already has the debate questions which is why he wants the breaks (to refresh himself in between).

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

The Biden camp backed out of the electronic device check thing after they asked for 2 breaks during the 90 min debate and Trump's camp refused...so they backed out of the search by a 3rd party. Biden camp asked for a break at 30 min in and one 60 min in to allow each candidate to confer with their teams.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
The Biden camp backed out of the electronic device check thing after they asked for 2 breaks during the 90 min debate and Trump's camp refused...so they backed out of the search by a 3rd party. Biden camp asked for a break at 30 min in and one 60 min in to allow each candidate to confer with their teams.
The Debate Commission mandates the 90 minutes with no breaks. No debate in the past has had breaks. So that argument was a non starter.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The Debate Commission mandates the 90 minutes with no breaks. No debate in the past has had breaks. So that argument was a non starter.
Being president can be an incredibly difficult job. You can see how it ages them. If you cannot stand and talk for 90 minutes, that is not doing much to say that you are capable.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Being president can be an incredibly difficult job. You can see how it ages them. If you cannot stand and talk for 90 minutes, that is not doing much to say that you are capable.
to be fair the ask was so that Trump and Biden could confer with their teams about talking points....not to take a water break or anything like that. Biden did an hour long speech in New Jersey last month at a fund raiser and we know that Trump can ramble on for hours

Mar 11, 2006
A law and order libertarian doesn't exist. "Law and Order" is a less pejorative way of saying authoritarian or statist. You don't mind crushing others as long as your side is not the one being crushed.

Those values are at odds with libertarianism, which value civil liberties and individualism. Based on your post history, you are clearly a paleoconservative.
Thanks for telling me what you think doesn’t exist and, more surprisingly, what I am. LOL

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
to be fair the ask was so that Trump and Biden could confer with their teams about talking points....not to take a water break or anything like that. Biden did an hour long speech in New Jersey last month at a fund raiser and we know that Trump can ramble on for hours
Same difference to me. You want to lead the free world but don't have 90 minutes' worth of ability to handle questions without consulting the team?

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
basically Joe needs to be kept on message and not allowed to debate for 90 minutes...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Trump doesn't know when to shut up and Biden might not know what he's saying. Makes for one hell of a reality show but not much of a debate.

I personally can't stand to listen to either of them talk so I think I'll pass on the must see tv tonight.

Nov 6, 2010
Trump doesn't know when to shut up and Biden might not know what he's saying. Makes for one hell of a reality show but not much of a debate.

I personally can't stand to listen to either of them talk so I think I'll pass on the must see tv tonight.
LOL, liar! I mean I don't want to see it either really, but who's not going to watch a train wreck?