2020 election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1306933591537000449

new Republican group that has formed to oppose President Donald Trump claims it has the support of an unnamed senior official from the current administration.
In a press release to mark its official launch on Thursday, the Republican Political Alliance for Integrity and Reform (REPAIR) listed 26 people as advisers, including conservative former officials from the Reagan, both Bush, and Trump administrations.
Among them is former U.S. deputy secretary of state, Richard Armitage, ex-White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, and the group's co-founder, Miles Taylor, chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) before he resigned in 2019
Wasn't Armitage the leaker in the Valerie Plame case?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
All the people complaining about Trump questioning the election results. Many Dems in this country still to this day, think Gore won Florida in 2000....and a few still think Hillary won in 2016.

And if Trump wins, there will be a parade of Democrats, celebrities, reporters and other talking heads saying the election was wrong. Yes if Biden wins, Trump and his supporters will be saying it too. The point is, hypocrisy rules.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Looks like most are due to not signing, signature not matching, or the ballot being submitted late. The first two issues show the systems are validating/invalidating ballots... which is good. People need to be educated about the deadlines as well. Still, it’s not fraud which was the drum you’ve relentlessly beat for weeks.
So you're saying, with a straight face, that 'signatures not matching' is no evidence of attempted fraud?

That's ridiculous & absolutely could be attempted fraud.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Unnamed sources are used a lot. I don’t blame them with the way Trump and his followers crucify anyone in their way. At least it was identified as a university president. But, I guess since it didn’t come from Breitbart some won’t trust it. Geez.
What ? Trump and his follower attack voices from the Left ?

About the same as anyone wearing a MAGA hat gets fair treatment right now !

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Unnamed sources are used a lot. I don’t blame them with the way Trump and his followers crucify anyone in their way. At least it was identified as a university president. But, I guess since it didn’t come from Breitbart some won’t trust it. Geez.
And the left media would take your post and say that you are comparing yourself to Jesus since you are being "crucified".

Don't laugh. They did it with Barr's comment where he said the biggest injustice in American history was slavery and the second biggest is government confinement/shutdown do to COV.
A rational person would say Barr respects that slavery was our greatest injustice but the talking media reported it as "Barr compares quarantine to slavery" in some horrible light.

Dec 9, 2013
Ever heard of super pacs? The money goes to a holding tank for the candidate...not directly to the candidate. Don't believe ANYTHING you read from "news" sources.
Please go back and read what you said and what I said. You claimed the influx of $ was going to the campaign. That is patently false & illegal if above set limits.Biden campaign had a record haul in August. They took in $325MM w the avg being $41 per donation. That is hardly billionaires pooring $ into his campaign. I acknowledged in my post that there are other ways for anyone including billionaires to spend $ in an election without violating campaign election laws.

Dec 9, 2013
And the left media would take your post and say that you are comparing yourself to Jesus since you are being "crucified".

Don't laugh. They did it with Barr's comment where he said the biggest injustice in American history was slavery and the second biggest is government confinement/shutdown do to COV.
A rational person would say Barr respects that slavery was our greatest injustice but the talking media reported it as "Barr compares quarantine to slavery" in some horrible light.
He didn’t say it was the 2nd biggest injustice. He said it was the biggest intrusion on civil liberties other than slavery. I’m pretty sure Native Americans rounded up & forced marched across the country to be given land and then have it taken away would disagree. I would also be curious to see what Asian Americans would say in light of WW2 internment camps. Or how about women or minorities not being able to vote? This is what’s wrong w some on the right. They throw something ridiculous like Barr said and then when someone else takes offense they start the drumbeat of history revisionist or culture cancel. While there is certainly nothing wrong w looking at the “lockdown” and saying could we have done better? Did it cause some problems? Is there a way in the future to protect both life and liberty? Then sit down and rationally solve the problem. That’s not what he did or tried to do. Instead he completely glosses over populations that suffered atrocities at the hands of our govt. who is the revisionist in this case?

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
He didn’t say it was the 2nd biggest injustice. He said it was the biggest intrusion on civil liberties other than slavery. I’m pretty sure Native Americans rounded up & forced marched across the country to be given land and then have it taken away would disagree. I would also be curious to see what Asian Americans would say in light of WW2 internment camps. Or how about women or minorities not being able to vote? This is what’s wrong w some on the right. They throw something ridiculous like Barr said and then when someone else takes offense they start the drumbeat of history revisionist or culture cancel. While there is certainly nothing wrong w looking at the “lockdown” and saying could we have done better? Did it cause some problems? Is there a way in the future to protect both life and liberty? Then sit down and rationally solve the problem. That’s not what he did or tried to do. Instead he completely glosses over populations that suffered atrocities at the hands of our govt. who is the revisionist in this case?
Your comments about Native Americans and Asians during WW2 are correct. The weak minded outrage being thrown around saying Barr compared the lockdowns to slavery is incorrect.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
All you have to do is search mail in ballot problems 2020 primaries. You'll find quite a bit.
Looks like most are due to not signing, signature not matching, or the ballot being submitted late. The first two issues show the systems are validating/invalidating ballots... which is good. People need to be educated about the deadlines as well. Still, it’s not fraud which was the drum you’ve relentlessly beat for weeks.
I didn't say that was fraud, I said it was proof that with increased mail-in balloting it increases the inaccuracy of our vote because of people's votes not getting counted. There is a difference and it is a very important distinction. I believe mail in voting puts in place the opportunity for fraud but more than that it puts in place the opportunity for errors in the post office, the electoral board, and the voters.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The more amazing part to me is you now have a whistleblower with some video evidence who is saying ICE is forcing immigrants into unwanted hysterectomies

Out Govt has done the following
Tuskegee Syphilis Study

Bombing Tulsa

injecting Army prisoners with bubonic plague and cholera

2 year study in which prostitutes were used to infect prisoners, insane asylum patients and Guatemalan solders with syphilis and other STD's to test penicillin

Spraying Serratia Marcescens over the entire city of San Francisco

CIA using LSD a interrogation means

Dropping non armed entomological weapons on US states for testing...Operation Big Itch, Operation Big Buzz, Operation Kick Drop, and Operation May Day

Project Shipboard Hazard and Defense..which was spraying fully manned US Army and Navy ships with biological and chemical warfare agents

Radiation experiments on US citizens unknown to them....See the American Nuclear Guinea Pigs. 30 years of radiation experiments on US Citzens...that was declassified by the US Govt in 1986

Operation Green Run...Releasing Radioactive Iodine and Xenon over 3 US towns

and on and on and on.

So much WORSE examples of US Govt violation of US Citizens rights than a month long shut down and mask requirements.

Saying COVID lockdown was the worst violation of civil rights since Slavery is a COMPLETE and utter joke

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The more amazing part to me is you now have a whistleblower with some video evidence who is saying ICE is forcing immigrants into unwanted hysterectomies

Out Govt has done the following
Tuskegee Syphilis Study

Bombing Tulsa

injecting Army prisoners with bubonic plague and cholera

2 year study in which prostitutes were used to infect prisoners, insane asylum patients and Guatemalan solders with syphilis and other STD's to test penicillin

Spraying Serratia Marcescens over the entire city of San Francisco

CIA using LSD a interrogation means

Dropping non armed entomological weapons on US states for testing...Operation Big Itch, Operation Big Buzz, Operation Kick Drop, and Operation May Day

Project Shipboard Hazard and Defense..which was spraying fully manned US Army and Navy ships with biological and chemical warfare agents

Radiation experiments on US citizens unknown to them....See the American Nuclear Guinea Pigs. 30 years of radiation experiments on US Citzens...that was declassified by the US Govt in 1986

Operation Green Run...Releasing Radioactive Iodine and Xenon over 3 US towns

and on and on and on.

So much WORSE examples of US Govt violation of US Citizens rights than a month long shut down and mask requirements.

Saying COVID lockdown was the worst violation of civil rights since Slavery is a COMPLETE and utter joke
could it be the amount of people that it affects. Slavery affected/affects a large amount of people.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Your comments about Native Americans and Asians during WW2 are correct. The weak minded outrage being thrown around saying Barr compared the lockdowns to slavery is incorrect.
It may be semantics, but he literally compared it to slavery. Basically said it was #2 to slavery. Most people would say it has been nothing close to that kind of atrocity. I think that is where the outrage is coming from.

I think what you meant was he didn’t equate it to slavery. But he technically compared them.

Here’s the quote:

“You know, putting a national lock down, stay at home orders, is like house arrest. Other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history.”