Football 2020 General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Lot of work to do on this recruiting class to keep it at no. 22. Feels like we are taking a lot of guys that will buy into the culture and work their tales off... lots of big OL recruits too, which I like a lot. You can't train size.

I also really like that we are beating out teams that we should be beating out for these guys. Arizona State, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Louisville, Baylor... We are absolutely a step above all of these programs, so it's good to see us beating them for recruits.

Hopefully some of the more valuable chips fall our way with this class and it can be top 20 to appease our mouth breathing fanbase.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
We are now ranked 40th nationwide and 6th in the Big 12. Losing the LB to OU hurt, and we still only have 13 commits. I don't see anything on the horizon that would move us up more than in to the 30's at best. So we will have to "build" these recruits in to players as we have done in the past.

Nov 6, 2010
We are now ranked 40th nationwide and 6th in the Big 12. Losing the LB to OU hurt, and we still only have 13 commits. I don't see anything on the horizon that would move us up more than in to the 30's at best. So we will have to "build" these recruits in to players as we have done in the past.
Hard to say how it will end up. I know last year Anderson and Glass were two of the latest additions and were our highest ranked recruits. Seems our strategy is to fill out the numbers early, then focus on the bigger fish, with the exception of QB, which we always seem to recruit at nationally and with the most fervor. I think we'll also see Presley bumped up in rankings. He is going to dominate OK football this year.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I hope that we are really good at "Build"ing the kids rather than accusing that our recruits were really under-rated.

Dec 21, 2008
Guyer kid & Middleton coming off injury so no true ranking on them.
Several OL with second tier offers. Pullen has some big offers. Eli & CB from DeSoto committed almost 2yrs ago and have gotten bigger faster and stronger and just drop in rankings. OSU effect. Eli was 4 near 5 star then commits then drops because everyone stopped recruiting him.
Couple late blooming Bixby kids. One is arguably the best athlete in the state. Doesn’t even have a profile? He has over a million views on twitter hi-light vids and 400,000 on his SportsCenter catch! How does he not have a profile?? His teammate is a mix of size and speed.
Still top 3 on a couple stud LBs with speed. Ones we have committed are hitters and old school football players. They hit hard!!

Very unheralded commits but I love them. Blue collar non-star chasing divas. Plus Shane the QB is a future NFL player! Kids a stud!! Excited for this group I don’t care where we finish

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Guyer kid & Middleton coming off injury so no true ranking on them.
Several OL with second tier offers. Pullen has some big offers. Eli & CB from DeSoto committed almost 2yrs ago and have gotten bigger faster and stronger and just drop in rankings. OSU effect. Eli was 4 near 5 star then commits then drops because everyone stopped recruiting him.
Couple late blooming Bixby kids. One is arguably the best athlete in the state. Doesn’t even have a profile? He has over a million views on twitter hi-light vids and 400,000 on his SportsCenter catch! How does he not have a profile?? His teammate is a mix of size and speed.
Still top 3 on a couple stud LBs with speed. Ones we have committed are hitters and old school football players. They hit hard!!

Very unheralded commits but I love them. Blue collar non-star chasing divas. Plus Shane the QB is a future NFL player! Kids a stud!! Excited for this group I don’t care where we finish
Gundy has made it abundantly clear that he is recruiting guys that are going to buy into the program. You can tell he's sick of guy's that get themselves into trouble. Doesn't want to have to kick them off. Doesn't want to have to deal with their BS... as he told Gottlieb, "I've given all of that money and title to Kasey Dunn so he can deal with a lot of the stuff that I used to have to deal with every day."