2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
He will put on weight. When they sign I believe we can send them workouts/nutrition plans etc. I know many football Incoming freshmen bulk up before they get there full time. Looks like a great get! Even if it’s a piece for depth. Still interested to see how Hidde does this yr....

Dec 21, 2008
Do kids like to wait and see how a team performs all season? Surprises me how slow it takes some elite one and done kids to take their visits and then decide. But if I’m looking at osu I would want to see how the season goes and where the potential is end of yr esp with almost a rebuild

And thanks for all your replies! Greatly appreciated!

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Do kids like to wait and see how a team performs all season? Surprises me how slow it takes some elite one and done kids to take their visits and then decide. But if I’m looking at osu I would want to see how the season goes and where the potential is end of yr esp with almost a rebuild

And thanks for all your replies! Greatly appreciated!
I think it is some of that (team performance) and also having to do with figuring out a team's returning players. Get as much info before making a decision.

If I'm a 1-n-done PF thinking about Kentucky, I want to make sure their current starting 1-n-done PF is going pro and gives me the best opportunity to play and turn pro after a year. Or at least know what their top 5 players are going to be next season. They have had a few players stick around and block the next wave of 5 star players. Players don't want to have their development slowed.

Probably why JT Thor is waiting. He doesn't want to go to Kentucky and get stuck behind returning players plus they have a 5-star and 4-star PF in their new class. If OSU turns the corner and looks like they will be a solid top 25 team next year. His playing position at OSU could potentially provide a lot of playing time and exposure.

Next year, OSU PG recruits want to know Cunningham looks like a lock to leave, because it will be hard to get playing time at PG with both Cunningham and Ice.