2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
I'm disappointed we didn't land Thor. He would've fit into the frontcourt rotation nicely with McGriff graduating. Anei & Boone will be good, but we really need a 3rd guy for depth. I don't want to see a repeat of Marcus Smart's sophomore season where we miss out on a special year due to lack of depth up front.

Sep 23, 2010
Need to be in the grad transfer market for a 4-man. Having an experienced guy in that spot would be great. He needs to be able to shoot it.

I don't think Williams is coming. There is a log jam there. Also, I think the NCAA is still considering passing the one time transfer with no penalty rule. If that happens, there will be all kinds of opportunity.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
Just wanted to start a discussion. What are your thoughts on losing this once believed gentlemen to sign with OSU back in November. I guess that should have been a huge clue back then with him not signing. Thoughts?

Sep 23, 2010
One thing I will say about when we lose a recruit in general....when we lose one, I hate it when fans say the other team paid them. Think about that for a minute. If we think the kid went where he was going to get paid, doesn't that make us look like we were willing to pay also? A kid looking for money is not going to have a school unwilling to pay in his final 2.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Could it play in our favor that Jt can’t travel to Auburn or UCLA and he wants to commit in April?
He’s already been to STW plus Moncrieffe Rondel and Cade are staying on him. Also Coach has been in daily contact with him. So rare to have such a quiet recruitment
No

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
One thing I will say about when we lose a recruit in general....when we lose one, I hate it when fans say the other team paid them. Think about that for a minute. If we think the kid went where he was going to get paid, doesn't that make us look like we were willing to pay also? A kid looking for money is not going to have a school unwilling to pay in his final 2.
That's always the unsaid part "he went to Auburn cause they paid him.... More"

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Do you think he's going to Texas?
Yes I think it will ultimately be Texas, I heard a little clip the other day on a podcast interview. They were talking about the fact that he could have went to any prep school in America his senior year teaming up with other top talent, but instead chose to stay in Austin. I think he is a different kind of player aka Russell Westbrook in the sense he doesn't want to try and form a super team.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Do you think he's going to Texas?
Texas or Auburn are the top players in his recruitment. Texas retaining Shaka Smart was important b/c he really likes him. That said, Auburn has gain some traction in his recruitment and put themselves in a good spot. OSU hasn't been in contact with Greg Brown, and Boynton put all his eggs in JT Thor, which unfortunately he got burned. Ultimately I think he goes to UT and stays home, but I wouldn't be shocked if he chooses Auburn. Seems like Auburn is about to have a monster class.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
Texas or Auburn are the top players in his recruitment. Texas retaining Shaka Smart was important b/c he really likes him. That said, Auburn has gain some traction in his recruitment and put themselves in a good spot. OSU hasn't been in contact with Greg Brown, and Boynton put all his eggs in JT Thor, which unfortunately he got burned.
We tried recruiting Brown, but he showed no interest in us.

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
Ok, so what are some options available now?

Seems like Williams is likely headed to KSU. That only leaves Sanogo that I'm aware of.

Seems like the next option would be a grad transfer forward, but it appears all of those the staff had reached out to are now committed elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY

Seems like Williams is likely headed to KSU. That only leaves Sanogo that I'm aware of.

Seems like the next option would be a grad transfer forward, but it appears all of those the staff had reached out to are now committed elsewhere.

One quality forward still available: Rapolas Ivanauskas, Colgate, Immediately Available, 6'10", 235#s, averaged 14.5 ppg & 7.7 rpg last two years.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston

Don't be so certain on the Williams to Kstate just yet.