2020 MBB General Recruiting Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
Some Twitter fodder showing we are in good shape with Rondel Walker, JT Thor and Montreal Pena (6’10” athletic freak with a lot of upside, 3* from Arlington that plays on a Dallas AAU team). I have seen a ton of Kentucky fans sharing that’s cade silently committed etc, but have also seen several”not so fast my friend, my sources are telling me it’s OSU. Very interesting recruitment. Ready for it to end with an orange and black hat!!

Sep 23, 2010
The experts can switch back just as easily before commitment time, so I don't put much stock in where they are right now. Kentucky just took on another guard yesterday. The obvious is still here. We have his brother/mentor as an assistant. If he stays as an assistant, we still have to be in the driver's seat with him. The only time I can remember hiring a family member not working was ORU hiring Rotnei Clark's dad. So, maybe someone should ask Scott Sutton how he's feeling about things.

Dec 21, 2008
If I’m Cade and I was torn between osu and UK, I would want to wait til after Christmas and see how OSU does for a couple months. MB hasn’t really had a fair shakeup his first two yrs but the energy and excitement is starting to climb. I love the toughness and heart the guys play with and the quiet confidence they display. I can’t believe how many elite guys are just waiting still. Screws a lot of programs over

Dec 21, 2008
According to Twitter Cades dad requested Calipari to come down to FL. Is this a silent commitment meeting or a thanks but no thanks?
The way Boynton said “the future is NOW!” at HoCo and Hoops and saying recruiting is going very very well and we don’t have anyone committed in this class may have some hidden inuendo. Rondel commits next Thursday on Halloween night and I forget they are AAU teammates so they may be a lot closer than we think
3C136126-2893-4374-9B17-E21AEAA29525.jpeg

so it comes down to the multi-millionaire, limelight celebrity blue blood lifestyle of UK playing with all 5 star future nba all stars

vs

where your brother works, close to home, play with AAU friends on an uprising team with childhood friends and close for parents to get to watch at osu.
He’s made comments about getting to pick. UK already Hs tons of guys committed so if he holds true to those comments I don’t think he goes there but that super max contract pitch and shot at a natl championship sure looms large for them.

Mannnnnmm what a commitment timeline!! I don’t see why he would want Cal to come down just “to commit”. Seems almost like a thanks but no thanks now you can move on. Hope I’m right!!

Sep 29, 2010
Stillwater
According to Twitter Cades dad requested Calipari to come down to FL. Is this a silent commitment meeting or a thanks but no thanks?
The way Boynton said “the future is NOW!” at HoCo and Hoops and saying recruiting is going very very well and we don’t have anyone committed in this class may have some hidden inuendo. Rondel commits next Thursday on Halloween night and I forget they are AAU teammates so they may be a lot closer than we think View attachment 74262
so it comes down to the multi-millionaire, limelight celebrity blue blood lifestyle of UK playing with all 5 star future nba all stars

vs

where your brother works, close to home, play with AAU friends on an uprising team with childhood friends and close for parents to get to watch at osu.
He’s made comments about getting to pick. UK already Hs tons of guys committed so if he holds true to those comments I don’t think he goes there but that super max contract pitch and shot at a natl championship sure looms large for them.

Mannnnnmm what a commitment timeline!! I don’t see why he would want Cal to come down just “to commit”. Seems almost like a thanks but no thanks now you can move on. Hope I’m right!!
Hopefully we hear something soon!

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
The way Boynton said “the future is NOW!” at HoCo and Hoops and saying recruiting is going very very well and we don’t have anyone committed in this class may have some hidden inuendo. Rondel commits next Thursday on Halloween night and I forget they are AAU teammates so they may be a lot closer than we think View attachment 74262

vs

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/1186639939200585728?s=19

Sep 29, 2010
Stillwater
Whoever Cade commits to, I'm sure it will be a silent commitment till he's ready to announce. Unless that silent commitment is for OSU, could really hurt us more so than the other schools who already have commits. My gut still tells me to not get my hopes up. I do think we land Rondell, who is a solid pick up. Not sure who we would get alongside him. I think JT is dependent on Cade's decision, though

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I just saw on social media that Cade is expected to commit to Kentucky tomorrow. I have no idea how reliable it is (from BoonePickenState Instagram), but just felt I'd pass it along. Hopefully this isn't true.
BoonePickensState has never, ever been right. Not once. That guy is the absolute worst. So terrible, in fact, that the athletic department has sent him several cease and desist letters to try to get him to stop making images and stealing footage.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
I honestly don't have a great feeling about it. Not sure why you'd call a coach down to visit to tell him 'no thanks' if he does commit tomorrow. Unless Cade's dad called him down for 1 last pitch saying if he didn't he would for sure be an OSU guy. Either way i'm not feeling near as confident as I was a month ago. Hope we get him because he would for sure be a program changer for us!

Mar 27, 2008
I would be more worried if we hadn't parted ways with Devonte Davis. No way Coach Boynton parts ways with Davis unless he is 100% on something else.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I honestly don't have a great feeling about it. Not sure why you'd call a coach down to visit to tell him 'no thanks' if he does commit tomorrow. Unless Cade's dad called him down for 1 last pitch saying if he didn't he would for sure be an OSU guy. Either way i'm not feeling near as confident as I was a month ago. Hope we get him because he would for sure be a program changer for us!
The rumor about Cade's dad having Cal come visit is a rumor from Kentucky fans... as is almost all of the news coming out... rumors from UK fans. Saying we are about to get NCAA notice of allegations... saying that Cade is a silent commit...

Boynton is flying down there today and Florida's coach is flying down tomorrow.

This is normal behavior for coaches and recruits.

I find it hard to believe that no news came out of his recruitment until after he visited Kentucky... and it's because it's all fake news created by Kentucky fans because they are insane.