2020 Running backs

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Anyone with ESPN+ or similar that has Kilpers top 10 RBs want to disclose where Chuba sits ?
View attachment 76272
#6 is not great position for draft purposes. That could likely land him in the 3rd or 4th round or worse. Drastically different money than going in the 1st or 2nd. There is a valid argument that a championship caliber year, being in serious contention for the Heisman next year with more high profile games could land him in the 1st round next year when there’s a lower number of high profile backs and it would be a money making decision on his part. Nothing in life is guaranteed but you can make that argument and if you do, you definitely need that insurance policy!

okstate987

as honest as a Denver man can be.
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
If Chuba leaves, we could probably poach Martell Pettaway from the xfer portal. He averaged 6.4 yards per carry a couple years ago before the WVU o line went to poop.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Glass apparently won the practice player of the week at least once and possibly twice during the season so hopefully that means he has been doing the things to get himself ready for next year. Also Brown showed some flashes this year at times. Without Chuba we will not be as good but not seeing a black hole either.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Glass apparently won the practice player of the week at least once and possibly twice during the season so hopefully that means he has been doing the things to get himself ready for next year. Also Brown showed some flashes this year at times. Without Chuba we will not be as good but not seeing a black hole either.
If we have 2-3 capable backs, Jackson Glass and Brown, plus Sanders and then our wide receivers, it should balance out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
By the votes (other than Big12OPoY), Chuba isn’t as highly valued by others as he is in Stillwater.

Another year when starting as a known quantity..... his stock will soar
Overall I think you are right, but he would likely still be better off going now. Rookie contracts are not what they used to be. You don't make much going in and you can make a lot if you perform well. Plus, RB lifespans are very low. Barry was smart and retired early while he still had his health rather than pounding it into the ground like Emit Smith did.

Sep 23, 2010
It would be awesome for Chuba to come back, but he probably needs to go now. Your body can only take so many hits. Might as well be taking those hits while making a few bucks. I get the experience thing, but he can have awesome experiences on a winning NFL team. Justice Hill is probably enjoying his experience with the Ravens right now.

One thing I do not know is his graduation status. NFL running back careers are short, so it would be nice for him to have his degree to fall back on.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
You guys know that scholarship players can come back to school for free, after their career is over.

I say get the money while the money is good. You can always converse back and finish your degree.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Overall I think you are right, but he would likely still be better off going now. Rookie contracts are not what they used to be. You don't make much going in and you can make a lot if you perform well. Plus, RB lifespans are very low. Barry was smart and retired early while he still had his health rather than pounding it into the ground like Emit Smith did.
Barry played a decade in the league...that's not a short career by todays standards at all.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
My point was simply that he retired before the game took away his ability to play. Today's league does that a lot faster as it is much more violent.
do you think it's really "more violent?' I think it's less violent and many of the players just aren't as tough as they used to be so they get hurt more often.. With the new targeting, QB overprotection, kickoff fair catch, and other rules it's actually against the rules to use the type of violence that used to be common place in football. Head on head collisions are banned and carry stiff penalties. That's why a 42 year old is perhaps the best QB in the leagues history...Good players are capable of having LONGER careers NOT shorter ones based on these safety measures. Sure we do know more about concussions and we catch them sooner and don't let guys play after too many...that is definitely a positive limiting factor for RB's.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
The running back conversation is interesting for draft. We arent considering the fact that he would possibly not even be good enough to survive 10+ years in the NFL. Another year in college with guys that hit a lot less harder than that of the NFL. If he comes back he will definitely be guaranteed more money (if he doesn't get injured). I say come back I'm tired of seeing osu players leave early and then nothing to show for it.

Jan 5, 2015
Texas
do you think it's really "more violent?' I think it's less violent and many of the players just aren't as tough as they used to be so they get hurt more often.. With the new targeting, QB overprotection, kickoff fair catch, and other rules it's actually against the rules to use the type of violence that used to be common place in football. Head on head collisions are banned and carry stiff penalties. That's why a 42 year old is perhaps the best QB in the leagues history...Good players are capable of having LONGER careers NOT shorter ones based on these safety measures. Sure we do know more about concussions and we catch them sooner and don't let guys play after too many...that is definitely a positive limiting factor for RB's.
It absolutely is - players are faster, stronger, bigger, etc, and, thankfully, players have more say in how they're protected nowadays. I'm not exactly what era of players you're referencing that would be tougher, but...you're wrong.

Nov 14, 2010
The spread offenses have caused more spacing which has led to more violent collisions.

They are more voilent because the players traveled a further distance to steike each other and they are moving a t a faster speed because of the further distance, but also because players are simply faster now.

Now....add to all that the fact that players are bigger as well, then that all equates to more violent collisions than ever.