Football 2021 DT Solomon Wright

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Sorry, don't know the protocol in this forum.

6 ft ~ 270 DT. Had to reach back, he is considered a Legacy. 247 indicates an offer from us but his Warn is ISU - i mean why? Just wondering...

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I know OSU has offered, but the contact has been from very little to non-existent lately. Right now, it's unlikely that he ends up here.
I can’t fault Solomon at all, but I’ll be disappointed if we don’t do more to make him feel like part of the family.
Just because his dad played here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Just because his dad played here?

He is a well regarded DT from in-state that we thought highly enough of to offer. I definitely agree that we should be be evaluating talent regardless of legacy status, but for the reasons above I would at least like to see us make an effort to land him instead of assuming he will sign just because his dad played here.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I can’t fault Solomon at all, but I’ll be disappointed if we don’t do more to make him feel like part of the family.
kid has some pretty solid offers so it’s not like he’s hurting. I don’t think this is going to be a heavy DL recruiting class. Like I said, he hasn’t spoken to OSU in months and I don’t think Solomon is sad about it.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
kid has some pretty solid offers so it’s not like he’s hurting. I don’t think this is going to be a heavy DL recruiting class. Like I said, he hasn’t spoken to OSU in months and I don’t think Solomon is sad about it.
Agreed. He’ll be fine, I’m just disappointed that it probably won’t work out that we will get him to Stillwater.

OSU9953

Wrangler
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
We basically stopped recruiting him and has been that way for awhile. I think they’ve focused their attention on another in-state DT in Aden Kelly.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
We basically stopped recruiting him and has been that way for awhile. I think they’ve focused their attention on another in-state DT in Aden Kelly.
Thanks! Looks like Kelly could have unlimited potential with that frame and that he plays 1A. But I feel like stopping a good run game is always our problem so I always hope we pick multiple good DTs every cycle.