Football 2021 RB Jaden Nixon Committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 1, 2011
Houston
IMO we used Tyreek absolutely the wrong way. Look at him with Kansas City. If we used him more like they do, he would have really made a diference.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
True...Tyreek could’ve played more WR in 2014 but it still wouldn’t made a difference. His career here was incomplete due to being dismissed. Last time I checked, we had a abysmal OL that gave up 40+ sacks, and a garbage QB that had a strong arm but had no accuracy whatsoever, and a young defense that was historically bad.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
This commitment is really cool because he's a double legacy. His dad played football & his mom ran track here back in the 90's. So he's been around the football program for a long time.

Sep 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Tyreek could’ve played more WR in 2014 and still wouldn’t made a difference. His career here was incomplete due to being dismissed. Last time I checked, we had a abysmal OL that gave up 40+ sacks, and a garbage QB that had a strong arm but had no accuracy whatsoever.
True, but doesn’t change the fact he wasn’t utilized properly. He’s the best former OSU player currently in the NFL and (outside of the Stoops blunder) wasn’t even a factor. I remember watching the first game he played against FSU in Houston and he was clearly the best athlete on the field. I’m sure Gundy would do it totally different now and he could’ve helped win an extra game or 2.

Dec 21, 2008
I pray we use Chuba the way LSU used their RB in the championship game. They would motion him to outside WR. Well that obviously shifts an LB out there or pulls a safety that way. Chuba should be able to outrun a safety or LB. hand offs up the middle will get him discouraged or hit if they stack the box. We MUST get him outside in unique ways

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
True, but doesn’t change the fact he wasn’t utilized properly. He’s the best former OSU player currently in the NFL and (outside of the Stoops blunder) wasn’t even a factor. I remember watching the first game he played against FSU in Houston and he was clearly the best athlete on the field. I’m sure Gundy would do it totally different now and he could’ve helped win an extra game or 2.

I agreed with what the poster said about being misused, but I still stand by what I said. I don’t see a game or 2 we win if we played Hill at WR. Last time I checked Daxx garman was at QB, we had and abysmal, undersized OL that featured Paul Lewis, brad lundblade as walk on freshman, a converted TE to guard in Zach veatch who barley could reach 280. Offensively, that team wasn’t very good.

defensively, we were pretty garbage and couldn’t stop a cold. Our 5 conference loses we got beat by 21 points or more. We were fortunate to have a winning season.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I pray we use Chuba the way LSU used their RB in the championship game. They would motion him to outside WR. Well that obviously shifts an LB out there or pulls a safety that way. Chuba should be able to outrun a safety or LB. hand offs up the middle will get him discouraged or hit if they stack the box. We MUST get him outside in unique ways
wanna help Chuba in the run game....having a legit passing game will help him immensely. Dropping back and throwing it up to Wallace isn’t going to cut it. This season hinges a lot on the development of Sanders. If people fear his arm, we’ll be very difficult to stop offensively, otherwise our offense will look like last seasons.

Sep 1, 2007
Denver, CO
wanna help Chuba in the run game....having a legit passing game will help him immensely. Dropping back and throwing it up to Wallace isn’t going to cut it. This season hinges a lot on the development of Sanders. If people fear his arm, we’ll be very difficult to stop offensively, otherwise our offense will look like last seasons.
And play calling. 2 straight runs up the gut, followed by a deep throw aren’t gonna cut it.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
And play calling. 2 straight runs up the gut, followed by a deep throw aren’t gonna cut it.
wasn’t the biggest Gleason fan. I’m sure he’ll be great at some point, but didn’t seem ready for job. I’m hopeful that improves with Dunn. Also, sanders needs game needs to make a couple jumps for us to achieve a potential championship. His decision making, and ability to see the entire field need to improve. You don’t win this league without high end QB play.

Nov 6, 2010
We had to get him touches, and given the previously mentioned offensive shortcomings, RB was the easiest and probably the only way to do it. Now had they taken Rudolph's redshirt off earlier in the year, then heck yes, play him at at slot WR all the way. It would have been interesting to see what they did with him if JW had been healthy all year. His ability to run would have also made it easier to move Hill to WR, but not meant to be I guess.

Nov 6, 2010
But back to Nixon. If he has that kind of speed, why so few quality offers?? It's not like he is playing at some out of the way rural highschool, and he is rated Texas top 100, which is usually a guarantee to get plenty of power offers. Puzzling.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
But back to Nixon. If he has that kind of speed, why so few quality offers?? It's not like he is playing at some out of the way rural highschool, and he is rated Texas top 100, which is usually a guarantee to get plenty of power offers. Puzzling.
He has played with the WR that broke the career and single season passing records for all of Texas high school football history (Who is also unfortunately now at OU). So he likely did not get nearly as many touches and his stats would be down compared to say a team built around running the ball like Glass was. Will be interesting to see what he does this fall now that he shouldn't be overshadowed as much.