1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Al owns Traber on WWLS (about Bo Van Pelt)

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by L-Town Poke, Jul 2, 2012.

1. STEW

STEW Wrangler

When the pressure is on coming down the stretch and you are up against the greatest golfer of all time and you go bogey, bogey, bogey you choked. Not a big deal there have been many golfers before Bo that have done the same thing. He will learn from it and if ever in that situation again, I expect him to hit better shots.

Orangendn likes this.
  2. PCpoke83

PCpoke83 Master of Puppets A/V Subscriber

Whether or not he "choked" isn't the point. The point is that if the player in question was not Bo Van Pelt, Traber would have ripped the guy.

Hbuchanan, Cro and Orangendn like this.
  3. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Territorial Marshal

I don't think he choked at all but Traber would have said another guy other than Van Pelt choked. Traber says everybody chokes lol.

4. OKCFan

OKCFan Deputy

this. Traber loves to call everyone else out for choking, except for when it happens to be a friend of his. then he acts like he never calls anyone out for choking.

Orangendn likes this.
  5. OrangeAlum

OrangeAlum Deputy

I love how Jim kept saying the bogey on 18 didn't matter. Of course it did, Bo bogeyed because, as Jim says: "He had to chip it in". Well Jim, he had to chip in because his approach was terrible. He left it WAY short when the pressure was on.

I, for once, agree with Al.

Orangendn likes this.
  6. Lafferty Daniel

Lafferty Daniel Sheriff A/V Subscriber

7. austinpoke

austinpoke Cowboy

After the US Open at Olympic last month, I heard Feherty asked in an interview what a scratch golfer would have shot on Sunday at the US Open. His reply was "they would have been lucky to break 100".
    That's a scratch golfer. I guess since I have a 12 handicap, I'd be shooting around 120.

8. BoutDemPokes

BoutDemPokes Cowboy

Bo is 18th in FedEx points..........he's fine, didn't choke and he was over it yesterday. If he ever get his toungue in the way when he's chewing gum I wonder where the EMT's would tie the tourniquet? Boy must have some serious TMJ issues to deal with today!

9. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

Well.... living in Southern Oklahoma I can hear crap anymore on WWLS besides 640 ESPN. Which SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! If I wanted ESPN I would listen to my XM or tune into Dallas.

WWLS please turn your ESPN crap off and put regular programming back on. It's a failed experiment. It sucks not getting to listen to state football talk, I don't care if it's OU bias or not.

L-Town Poke likes this.
  10. TouchdownCowboys

TouchdownCowboys Sheriff

The sixteenth hole is the reason Bo lost in the end. They both played great shot for shot up to 15 and on sixteen Tiger got a terrible drive and Bo drilled it 345 down the fairway. Bo was in great position and had the stones to put the heat on Tiger by going for the greeen in two. His shot was well over two hundred yards long and missed being great by one yard. No choke there. He hit a bad flop shot and turned a birdie opportunity into a six. Tiger scrambled to a six on sixteen, took the lead on seventeen, and closed him out on 18 with a great approach. The course had tough closing holes and Tiger earned the win. I was pulling like hell for Bo but he did play well. He just came up short to one of the best ever. The guy that choked was the leader going into the final round. Only tools from the Animal would call Van Pelt the choker in that threesome.

11. Mr. Roboto73

Mr. Roboto73 Cowboy

Respectfully disagree. I hate listening to the local morons on WWLS. I'd rather hear national sports talk. If it hits a topic I don't care about, I flip over to 1340. Can't handle the usual idiots on the SA.

12. Darth Ryno

Darth Ryno Sheriff

Well, down in the Ardmore area we only get ESPN (National news). No local or state stuff, which sucks. I loved driving to work and listening to Sam Mayes practice report or get to listen to a Gundy interview. Now? It's hockey and the Olympics.

13. SanditeCowboy

SanditeCowboy Sheriff

Traber is going to stroke out on the air one day when he is screaming because someone disagrees with him....

PCpoke83 likes this.
  14. L-Town Poke

L-Town Poke can you quack like a duck

This is excatly the way I feel. Now instead of listening to ESPN 640 I switch it to 1380 the ticket and not give wwls my business. sometimes I listen to the android app if it is not freezing up on me too badly

15. Orangendn

Orangendn Sheriff

The very definition of choke right there. And it doesn't matter who the golfer doing the choking or the golfer he was playing against, that is a choke.

swamppoke likes this.
  16. L-Town Poke

L-Town Poke can you quack like a duck

are you sayin I choked last week @ the munie ?

17. Lafferty Daniel

Lafferty Daniel Sheriff A/V Subscriber

No, it's not a choke. Did you watch the tournament? Bo's second shot was a foot away from being perfect. Instead, it kicked to the left and left him with an incredibly awkward third shot where he had to stand in the bunker, grip down on the golf club so far that his hand was on the steel, swing baseball style and hit the ball that was buried in the grass.

18. Orangendn

Orangendn Sheriff

Choke...

19. TouchdownCowboys

TouchdownCowboys Sheriff

OK Al.

20. Peeb

Peeb Sheriff

not