Amy Coney Barrett Supreme Court Hearings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Democrats get off to a great start.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., suggested nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett (a wife and mother) will set the country back decades.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Democrats get off to a great start.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., suggested nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett (a wife and mother) will set the country back decades.
I've seen political cartoons of RBG busting through the glass ceiling and ACB re-installing it. But wouldn't ACB have reached the exact same place above the glass ceiling that RBG did?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
How many decades? Things seemed much better in the 80s when I was in elementary school. Might be a good thing.
i was at the grocery store earlier today and the PA system was playing Glenn Frey's " you belong to the city" and i remembered when I, as an elementary student in the 80s, could buy cigarettes from a vending machine rather than behind the counter from someone who wasn't even born then.

Good times.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
i was at the grocery store earlier today and the PA system was playing Glenn Frey's " you belong to the city" and i remembered when I, as an elementary student in the 80s, could buy cigarettes from a vending machine rather than behind the counter from someone who wasn't even born then.

Good times.
Bowling alleys were the key.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
"I’m struck by the irony of how demeaning to women their (Democrats) accusations really are," Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa continued. "That you, a working mother of seven with a strong record of professional and academic accomplishment, couldn’t possibly respect the goals and desires of today’s women. That you, as a practicing Catholic with a detailed record of service, lack compassion.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joni-ernst-barrett-confirmation-hearing-womanhood-definition

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Wow Leahy asked her to recuse her self.
Can anyone point to a person in congress who recused theirselves from a vote in Congress when it addressed money going to their home district or to someone who financially supported their election to office?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I just wish we had allowed a duly elected president to nominate and the senate to confirm their scotus nominee regardless of the political party the president is affiliated to. Some Garland senate hearings would have been nice

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Haha, WTH?

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1316119946527612928?s=21
Did you expect anything else? They have one playback and stick to the exact same script no matter what. Its why choosing ACB a sure fire thing to use against democrats in the election.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk