And another! Darrion Daniels.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
THis one hurts the worst. Gonna have to score a lot of points next year, DL is going to be a big problem.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This is just a response to the new transfer rules...IMHO, we are going to have to get used to this in football across the board.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Let me give you a name. He played at an NAIA school. Not DIII, Not DII, not even FCS. NAIA. Dewey McClain, Linebacker, Atlanta Falcons a few (ok a bunch of) years ago. Just a stiff, couldn't even make it to NCAA football...

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Let me give you a name. He played at an NAIA school. Not DIII, Not DII, not even FCS. NAIA. Dewey McClain, Linebacker, Atlanta Falcons a few (ok a bunch of) years ago. Just a stiff, couldn't even make it to NCAA football...
For every one athlete that isn't good enough to play D1 that makes it to the NFL I could probably give you at least 500 that are like everyone thought. Not good enough to play D1. But yeah this ONE example from nearly 40 years ago totally proves it this kid we got at the last minute from JUCO is gonna be an all pro.

osupsycho

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Remember when we were the grad transfer destination and it was the greatest new rule ever made? Now we experience the flip side.
The rule change this year killed the market on grad transfers since they now take one of your 25 yearly spots. All transfers do now so they better be someone you really want.

Aug 16, 2012
Reading through the twitter feeds above, someone mentioned "smoke" about a couple of our assistants getting ready to leave. Within the "no rumors" limitations here, is there any legitimacy to that statement?