NOTICE Announcement

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
The 2020 season is finally upon us and we would like to announce a new feature for the website. We have started a discord server and will be using that for the game threads each week because it will be more like the chat room the site used to feature. It is free to use and sign up. There is an app for mobile use and there is a desktop version as well. We are looking into ways to add a page on the site that will have the discord server on it.

Here is the link: https://discord.gg/r9BSs75

When you join please change your nickname to your username on Orange Power if you don'tsign up under it or alreadyhave a discord account. If you are using the mobile app, just swipe from the left, tap the OP server, hit the 3 dots to the right of Orange power, scroll down a little and you can change your nickname per each server

Screenshot_20200820-101239_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20200820-101301_Discord.jpg

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Isn't everyone on this site like 80?

I kid. I use discord for gaming. I will look up server.
My 14 yo uses it for gaming. He’s fairly responsible, but I was a little wary of him being on a chat platform. Should I be worried they’re going to turn him into Binman?

Oct 30, 2007
We have started a discord server and will be using that for the game threads each week because it will be more like the chat room the site used to feature.
Does this mean that we won't be allowed to have regular game threads on the main board? I hope not, because stonewallpoke has started the game threads for over a decade. It's kind of a tradition.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The only game thread will be on the discord
Are you not going to allow them here? Why? I’m not 80, (55) but I’m not on discord, always thought that was a gaming chat room for confused kids like my loves offspring. I think the board is going to lose a lot of it’s appeal by going this route. Yep, I am that old and set in my ways...:oops:

Last edited:

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
Does this mean that we won't be allowed to have regular game threads on the main board? I hope not, because stonewallpoke has started the game threads for over a decade. It's kind of a tradition.
Then what good is this board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've always loved being able to come in after the game, or sometimes during breaks, and read the thread. I'm more interested in the game usually but enjoy reading everything that was said. Kind of different with discord. A chat/discord is usually a bit more chaotic of flow to follow.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2007
I'll give Discord a try. I really enjoy having in depth conversations about the game though, and I'm not sure that a site designed to be more of a streaming chat service will be conducive to that.

May I ask why this decision was made? Are you trying to avoid having to moderate game threads on the regular board, or are you simply taking this site in a different direction?

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
Reminiscent of GoPokes getting rid of their most trafficked forum. Brilliant!
True. I think everybody's about ready to stop talking Covid and election and get to some actual football and that would be pretty much the most used threads over the next few weeks, the football stuff. But it feels like they're going to limit that.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
True. I think everybody's about ready to stop talking Covid and election and get to some actual football and that would be pretty much the most used threads over the next few weeks, the football stuff. But it feels like they're going to limit that.

Over/Under on how many plays till someone posts FIRE DUNN!

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
I'll give Discord a try. I really enjoy having in depth conversations about the game though, and I'm not sure that a site designed to be more of a streaming chat service will be conducive to that.

May I ask why this decision was made? Are you trying to avoid having to moderate game threads on the regular board, or are you simply taking this site in a different direction?
Its just to replicate a live chat like the site used to have and was very popular during the games where most peoples post are more reactionary and in the moment. Plus the post game discussion will be on the site like always.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Its just to replicate a live chat like the site used to have and was very popular during the games where most peoples post are more reactionary and in the moment. Plus the post game discussion will be on the site like always.
Are the mods also going to allow the game day threads or are we limited to ONLY using the discord app that video game addicted kids use?

I think you should rethink this change for us old timers. How would it hurt to have two or even more game threads?

Last edited:

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
Are the mods also going to allow the game day threads or are we limited to ONLY using the discord app that video game addicted kids use?
I answered this already. The game thread will only be on Discord. Post game will have a thread here for more in depth discussion of the events of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.