1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Another Monken gem...

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by JoeHero, Apr 26, 2012.

1. JoeHero

JoeHero King of the Andals and the First Men A/V Subscriber

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/48913/qb-decision-looms-for-indecisive-pokes

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

It is impossible not to like this guy.

2. stated

stated Sheriff

but he's thinkin', "If we don't get the right guy, we're in the same shape as the goons."

3. Birry

Birry Territorial Marshal

this.

4. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal

The best part of that interview is this statement by Monken:

"But they’ll be fine. We’ll be fine. Winning and losing this year won’t be a matter of whether we find a quarterback or not," Monken said. "It’ll be, will we stay healthy with the guys we have and the depth that we have. That’ll be the big thing. The guys will play well around whoever we have."

What he is saying is that it's not going to matter who starts we are still going to win...That's what I've been saying all spring...and that's why we need to support whomever is named... he's going to win.

5. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

Go back to an earlier post this spring where I said the OSU QB will lead the Big 12 in passing. We have three capable QBs (although one of them or more might be better than just capable?)

The 2012 version of the OSU Cowboys will be a better team averaged across the starting positions than the 2011 version. It is yet to be seen though if big play makers come through to win the Stanford games or not where Blackmon basically took over the game with a little help from his friends.

OSU Sig and Rack like this.
  6. Bigg T

Bigg T Cowboy

Love that f'n Monken

GoSTATE and PokealypseNow like this.
  7. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal

Totally agree. Optimism should abound. I just hope they name someone (anyone) to make sure they get the summer work outs done correctly and with confidence...Maybe they can assure the team that whomever wins the job will be deserving and will lead them to a championship. Don't know...it's a bit of a dilemma but it happens when you lose someone like Weeden...I'm just glad we have three QB's who are very good as options. The main issue is external… when you go on dates with three hot chicks and then you have to narrow it down to the one you like the best...someone's going to be upset and not like the choice...someone's friends are going to be upset with you and someone’s parents are also going to be upset. Right now is about making the best decision for the team and creating the best opportunity for good morale of everyone involved…plus making damn sure the other two remain your friends so you can fall back on them if your choice chic dumps you. ;)

8. Cimarron

In my case they were hardly upset.... :)

9. Rack

Rack Federal Marshal

You and me both...but Oklahoma State's more like the "Bachelor" dude, than you or I would ever be.

10. stoutman3

stoutman3 Sheriff

If we're equating OSU quarterbacks to our former dating lives, you might as well just call me Alex Cate.

Captain America and Rack like this.
  11. Cimarron

Actually the mothers loved me. I think it intimidated their husbands... :)

"The older I get, the better I used to be" (author unknown)

:)

Rack likes this.
  12. PlatypusJojo

PlatypusJojo Mysterious as the dark side of the moon A/V Subscriber

And another one in Ubben's blog on Wickline

13. seattlepoke

seattlepoke Sheriff A/V Subscriber

i was just about to post this.. hilarious.. I thought he had sworn off swearing. I guess not.

14. Barnabas

Barnabas Sheriff

15. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

Monken that Monkenin' Monken.

16. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

"He’s a tough son of a Monken. If he’s not, then he’s a phony son of a Monken, but he sure seems like one," offensive coordinator Todd Monken said. "That’s a tough position. That’s a no nonsense position, and I think it fits his personality. I sit in on a few of their meetings and I think just his personality and the way he goes about it with those guys is the No. 1 reason."​

17. xXsUbLimEXx

xXsUbLimEXx Banned Banned

Taking shots at another team's player in the media is bush league in my opinion. I understand that he is loved for always saying what is on his mind, but that crosses a line in college football. I bet Gundy sees it the same way, just dumb and uncalled for.

EmptySeat likes this.
  18. osuwhit

osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap. A/V Subscriber

I don't think it was good analogy to use, but it'll definitely be bulletin board material.

19. Poke4Real

Poke4Real Territorial Marshal

Last year's Bedlam win was huge for many reasons. One of those reasons is we simply shouldn't worry so much about providing "bulletin board" material anymore. I'm sure the guys from Norman were plenty fired up coming into Bedlam last year, and we just absolutely took them to the woodshed.

If OU wants to use Monken's words as motivation, then fine. The reality -- at least, in my opinion -- is this: if you need to rely on "bulletin board material" to get riled up for a game, then you're missing something from the outset.

This is a different OSU program. This program has balls. We haven't had this much swagger since the Les Miles era, and OU fans HATE it. Guess what? It's here to stay, and they can just GTF over it.

20. osuwhit

osuwhit Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap. A/V Subscriber

I didn't mean it was the only reason the Sooners or Landry Jones should be fired up for Bedlam for. It's just more fuel to the fire.