1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Anyone been to Eureka Springs, AR?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin

I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin Escapee from the PC nuthouse A/V Subscriber

I'm headed there this weekend for a little getaway from OK. Has anyone been before and have any suggestions of fun things to do? I am thinking of hiking around Pivot rock and the surrounding area. Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Federal Marshal

I went there regularly when I was a kid, got to flyfish with a great uncle. Rainbow trout were huge. If you fish, you'll be in heaven there. Hiking should be great too, absolutely beautiful terrain.

3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Sheriff

Obvious things are seeing the Christ of the Ozarks and walking around the downtown shops. Last time we were there we did a ghost tour of the Crescent Hotel. It was a lot of fun.

I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin likes this.
  4. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

We did the Cresent Hotel ghost tour 2 years ago...was cool.
    The Cresent also has a bar located up on the upder floors called the Sky Lounge I believe. The views are unreal up there.

Eat at Ermillio's if you can. It is an Italian resturant but their steaks are AMAZING. Get there early as they are only open 5-9pm for dinner each day and it is a small place.

We got there 15 min before they opened and there was already a line forming to get in

5. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

Been there many times although it been about 7-8 years since the last time. I prefer to stay in a cabin out by Beaver. There are a bunch of thing to see if you've never been there like the Onyx cave, pivit rock, Christ of the Ozarks, and Thorncrown Chapel to name a few. There is a pretty good steak place as you come into Eureka on the south side of the road(can't remember the name) There is also a place called sparky's ( or something like that) that is good for beer and burgers. Go walk around downtown as there are some pretty cool buildings and shops along with places to grab a sandwitch and beer.

6. I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin

I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin Escapee from the PC nuthouse A/V Subscriber

Thanks guys, this really helps! I can't wait to go.

7. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy Deputy

There is also Turpentine Creek wildlife refuge. They have rescued tigers, lions, leopards, bears and such. You can get really close to them, very cool.

They also have a Liger.

8. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

9. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

10. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter A/V Subscriber

I've been to both Sparkys and Ermilios and both were really good. Sparky's (S.U.A.E) was fun. Ermilos is a cool Italian place in a converted old house. Cool atmosphere.

There is also a winery called Keel's Creek. Its kinda fun for a couple hours if you like wine tasting. I had never been to a wine tasting before but it was very relaxed, they made us feel comfortable (or maybe that was just the wine).

11. bleedinorange

bleedinorange Territorial Marshal

Don't go into the woods alone and if you do, stay away from banjo music. ;)

12. State

State Cold Ass Honkey A/V Subscriber

I haven't been since I was a kid, but back then go-karts were my favorite part!

MindAflame likes this.
  13. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Territorial Marshal

You'll enjoy it and I second on Ermilios. It's a very good place to eat.

14. NYC Poke

NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica A/V Subscriber

We stayed at the Crescent for a fraternity formal. It was nice, but they billed us for a light fixture that fell during the night. Personally, I think it was the ghost.

zachya and PokeVille like this.
  15. PokeVille

PokeVille . A/V Subscriber

Stayed at the crescent and ate at both places mentioned in the thread. We went to the caverns and enjoyed that as well.

...about the crescent, probably wouldn't stay there again although we did enjoy walking around outside the hotel at night through the garden areas. Seemed a little pricey (thinking it was 120-140 per) for what it was.It's constantly under some minor renovation. Each hotel room has semi unique old furniture which is cool but isn't all that comfortable/practical. Absolutely everything squeaks and creaks. Be warned that people like to set the alarms on the tv's to come on at odd times.

We ended up staying an extra night and found a place for about $50 that was more or less just a regular hotel but had a huge whirlpool tub in it with a kitchenette. I would suggest taking the tour of the hotel though. It was pretty neat.

I can't remember the name of the bar for the life of me but there was good sized bar on one end of the strip. May have even been two story although I think we stayed on one. Had a really good time. Lot's of very friendly bikers (seriously) and a few locals. Had a good mix of people and was a lot of fun.

They also do some theater type shows on the main street through town. There was a park/theater, very small, where they would have a weekly act. I think they even showed movies on the side of building down there as well.

There are a couple of massage/spa places in town. We went to the one that has a sign shaped like a penis. Can't miss it. Was decent, clean, no funny business. In fact it was two older ladies that were very nice and gave us suggestions on what to do around there for fun.

16. PokeVille

PokeVille . A/V Subscriber

17. pokesmoke16

pokesmoke16 Deputy

The Squid and The Whale usually has good live music at night.

18. Boomer.....

Boomer..... Sheriff

If you are going with a couple or larger group, I would recommend looking into renting a house on Holiday Island which is a few miles north of Eureka. They are peoples vacation homes which the local hotel/restaurant rents out and manages throughout the year. There are two golf courses and many of the homes overlook a lake, golf course, or beautiful valleys. Each place we have stayed at had a hot tub and could sleep 8+ and only runs around $150/night.

19. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter A/V Subscriber

I second this, have done it several times when I was a kid with my family. Golf courses are nice so if you golf its a definite bonus.