Appreciation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 25, 2009
Weatherford, OK
I’ve been a corny dog critic all year but respect for that 2nd half and 4th quarter heart. I still want to see Sanders get some PT before the year is over. I don’t want to wait all off season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
I’ve been a corny dog critic all year but respect for that 2nd half and 4th quarter heart. I still want to see Sanders get some PT before the year is over. I don’t want to wait all off season!

I felt and said the same. But hat off to him, but also still want to see Sanders.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Yes Corndog had a nice little quarter there.

Maybe Sanders will come in and, before he leaves, have a season where he ranks in the top 3 in our history for QB's in passing yards, total yards, passing TD's and overall TD's.

If he does, he will have accomplished something Corndog is doing this year.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

I felt and said the same. But hat off to him, but also still want to see Sanders.
I promise you guys will see 3-4 years of Spencer, and I think you'll be very pleased. But wanting him to play now, just because you "want to see him" is short sighted and selfish.

Nov 6, 2010
I promise you guys will see 3-4 years of Spencer, and I think you'll be very pleased. But wanting him to play now, just because you "want to see him" is short sighted and selfish.
I don't see how. Redshirt would still be intact, and he'd get some experience to build on for next year.

Mar 11, 2006
R
Redshirt rule son. Redshirt rule.

Having game experience cannot be replaced. Mason playing in those 3 games gave him a huge headstart for offseason and next season. Bama playing Tua earlier in season was huge for championship game.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
From Mark Cooper...

STILLWATER — Mike Yurcich didn’t know the numbers, but he had a hunch.

“Look at (Taylor Cornelius’) statistics against the top defenses that we’ve played this year,” said Yurcich, OSU’s offensive coordinator. “Look at them and compare them to somebody. I don’t know what they are, but they’ve got to be pretty damn good. Who’s played better than him against the top defenses in this league, which quarterback? I’d like to see it. Now there are some great quarterbacks in this league, but that kid deserves all the credit, man. He’s a tough nut, and I love coaching the kid.”

Cornelius got all the credit after Oklahoma State’s 45-41, come-from-behind win over No. 9 West Virginia in Boone Pickens Stadium on Saturday. In a way, it felt like deja vu. For the second time in a month, fans flooded the field (and Cornelius) following a win over a top-10 opponent.

In another way, it felt like Cornelius one-upped his performance against Texas on Homecoming weekend.

Cornelius was honored with the Walter Camp offensive player of the week award on Sunday. He completed 30-of-46 passes for 338 yards and five touchdowns, while rushing for a career-high 106 yards and another touchdown.

Jan 8, 2009
Plano
The only stat that matters is won loss record. Having all world passing stats against the top opponents and losing to the lesser opponents is not a positive in my view. Consistency and ability to win the close ones are what I want out of my team and its leaders

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
The only stat that matters is won loss record. Having all world passing stats against the top opponents and losing to the lesser opponents is not a positive in my view. Consistency and ability to win the close ones are what I want out of my team and its leaders
And clearly the teams lack of consistency falls solely on his shoulders

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Patrick Mahomes was definitely a mediocre QB in college then. He only won 5 games the season before getting drafted. Didn't even make a bowl.

Jul 9, 2004
You're clearly forgetting the part where he doesnt even belong on a D-II team.
Unfortunately, Taylor has to be absolutely perfect for some of the dip$hits on this board to just remain silent, nevermind handing out a compliment. Actually, the team has to be perfect. Everything is his fault. Kinda like the deer that I hit last night on my way home from the BB game...Thanks TC! Your Fault.

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Unfortunately, Taylor has to be absolutely perfect for some of the dip$hits on this board to just remain silent, nevermind handing out a compliment. Actually, the team has to be perfect. Everything is his fault. Kinda like the deer that I hit last night on my way home from the BB game...Thanks TC! Your Fault.
Da***t, Jacob Lacey!

Nov 6, 2010
Well, the great games he's played recently do not erase the bad games he had earlier, and those of us who wanted to see Sanders earlier weren't necessarily wrong, we'll simply never know if we could have won at Kstate by putting him in at the half. However, I think it does show that we WERE completely wrong in judging what TC was capable of. He has clearly turned a corner and has played really well the last two games. A couple things I've noticed:

1. He seems to be stepping up in the pocket more than he did earlier in the year. That is helping his scrambling as well as his downfield passing IMO. Earlier in the year, it seemed his first instinct was to bail and roll out of the pocket, causing a lot of inaccurate throws on the run. Not sure if some protection schemes have changed to allow more for that, or if it's just him getting more comfortable.
2. Hubbard is more productive than Hill has been this year. Not sure the reason, but it certainly is helping.
3. Seems we're calling more pass plays and using tempo more, both good for a QB's rhythm.
4. Going to Johnson more, finally. Might be a byproduct of point 1, but any QB has to use all his weapons to be effective, and TC certainly seems to have done that the last two games.