1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Assault and Battery on a POLICE OFFICER

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by Sooner-Magic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Sooner-Magic

Sooner-Magic Banned to Bedlam & Flame

2. okstate5968

Staff A/V Subscriber okstate5968 Orange Power Goddess

It's not like he damn near beat his best friend to death and put him in ICU. I don't see a roid rage red shirt in Pettigrew's future.:rolleyes:

People in glass houses and trailer parks shouldn't throw stones.
  3. osumoe74

osumoe74 Cowboy

It will be handled internally...

YOU should know something about that.
  4. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

Leave it to an inbred, I mean sooner to be the first one to criticize.
  5. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Ahhhhhh, sooner-tool gives us a little more insight derived from that close genetic inbreeding he's so familiar with.
  6. okstatecowboys10

A/V Subscriber okstatecowboys10 Cowboy

This wise man once said, "Let he without sin cast the first stone."

You might want to take his advice.
  7. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

There are no rocks in snorman for that very reason but stoned is a common event for their athletes.
  8. bballfan4osu

Banned bballfan4osu Banned

the charges will be droped
  9. Sooner-Magic

Sooner-Magic Banned to Bedlam & Flame

10. OSUCherokee

OSUCherokee Wrangler

Home: Norman, OK----Currently: Afghanistan
    By Andrea Cohen
    Staff Writer
    "STILLWATER—Oklahoma State All-Big 12 tight end Brandon Pettigrew was arraigned Tuesday afternoon in Payne County and charged with a felony count of assault and battery upon a police officer and a misdemeanor count of public intoxication. He pled (pleaded) not guilty and will reappear in court on March 3.

According to the police report(insert comma) Pettigrew was given the opportunity to leave a fight between “10 to 15 people” (insert comma) that (which) was in progress Sunday at 1:20 a.m. The report states that Pettigrew refused to leave the area, and after being order (ordered) to leave several times, Pettigrew allegedly cursed the officers and struck Priegle.

Must have been a ou journalism student.
  11. brianwr

A/V Subscriber brianwr Cleared direct Dikas

OMG it will be dropped because the officer is making more out of it than there was!!
  12. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Sounds similar to what OSU fans did with Granger.

Hello Pot, I am Kettle!
  13. jetman

jetman Deputy

Granger premediatedly walked into Burlington Coat factory, removed the tags on a coat, put them in his pocket, put on the coat and tried to walk out the door. All the while being in a different state as a representative of OU and the state of Oklahoma. Then he didn't bother showing up for court. According to witness reports, Pettigrew obviously still full of adrenaline, shrugged off a cop when he grabbed his arm after being jumped by a group of baseball players. Can't make the distinction?
  14. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

So which is worse, Felony or Misdemeanor? Pettigrew is facing 2 charges, one of which is a felony. Granger, a misdemeanor.

Both kids committed crimes and both players could get into serious trouble from the team and/or university.

Like I said, you all want to throw stones at anything that happens to go wrong with OU. Yet you all want to make "distinctions" when it happens at OSU?

BTW, how is Sutton's DUI classes coming along?

:D
  15. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Hits kinda close to home doesn't, Okie brethren?
  16. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

You must be thinking about what happens with the athletes in Austin and Stillwater. :eek:
  17. OSUCherokee

OSUCherokee Wrangler

Home: Norman, OK----Currently: Afghanistan
    Your joke = Fail.
  18. jetman

jetman Deputy

I guess you must not spend alot of time on the OU board because this exact same thing happens over there. We heard tons of excuses and justifications for Dusty D.'s actions and why he was granted a medical redshirt, let back on the team and made team captain after a history of violence that almost ended up claiming the life of his friend.

Pettigrew may be facing a felony, but he hasn't been convicted of a felony. The courts will hear all sides of the story including several witness accounts of him shrugging off the officer when he grabbed his arm. Take into account that he has been a model student with no prior record and charges will likely be reduced.

You're the one who brought Granger into this thread so I made the obvious distinctions that he knowingly, willfully, and premeditatedly walked into a store with the purpose to steal and got caught red-handed. You think Pettigrew thought his shrug was going to end up being an elbow in a cop's chest? I don't.

I'm sure Suttons DUI classes are long over with. In case you didn't hear he went to rehab and spent most of his time speaking to students and other people about the dangers of alcohol before going to San Francisco. He went above and beyond what was expected of him for his DUI conviction.
  19. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

Granger shoplifted = a moral problem, if you can go around and steal and think nothing of it, than you obviously have moral issues.

Pettigrew = was being jumped, and flailed back, and accidentally hit a cop, he's not a moron he wouldn't intentionally hit a police officer, what he did has nothing to do with lack of morals.

If someone was jumping me and somebody else tried to grab me and I didnt know who it was, I probably would have beat someone's ass.
  20. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

I really do not spend a lot of time at sf.com. There are a lot of dumbsh*ts over there.

Besides, it is fun to pick on you all and be picked on from you all .

What Dusty did was inexcusable. However, I do believe people deserve a second chance. Dusty got his and he has made the best of it. I haven't heard anything about Dusty since that incident.

As far as Sutton, it was just a jab at you OSU fans. ;)

Now then, Pettigrew will most like get off without even a misdemeanor. However, Granger has not been convicted either. He just never made it back to Tempe. And now has a warrant.

Either way, neither case is good for either program or athletic department.