1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Assault and Battery on a POLICE OFFICER

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by Sooner-Magic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

No, I have it right...snorman has become the "high times" of the midwest thanks to Everett and Brown.
  2. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Granger obviously does and you won't hear me say anything to defend the kid. Personally, with all the problems that has happened with OU, stoops shouldn't even let him back on the team after this semester is over.

Now, reports have it he was in a fight that involved 10-15 people. Pettigrew was warned to leave numerous times but didn't. It doesn't matter if you intentionally hit an officer or not, when in a violent situation and asked to leave and you don't....it just does not look good when that kind of crap happnes.

Also, reports do say that pettigrew knew it was a uniformed cop.

So say what you will, you can only go by reports since I am pretty sure you were not a witness to the event.
  3. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

I guess you forget about Texas?

Especially with Jamal Charles, Cedrick Benson, and Ricky Williams?
  4. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Anyone can be charged with anything, doesn't make it a fact. Fact is Granger stole a coat. Petigrew will be proven not guilty because it will never go to trial...a pissed officer who did not get his butt kissed when he told Pettigrew to leave. Big difference between the 2 cases.
  5. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

No, I have not forgotten, nor have I forgotten Flowers at OSU...it just doesn't happen as frequently here.
  6. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Oh and yes, fighting has a lot to do with morals when the fight has been broken up by the police and you keep trying to go after the people you were fighting with. Not to mention this occuring while being intoxicated.
  7. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Nor does it happen all that frequently at OU.
  8. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Yet a moral issue. Not respecting the authority and if they wanted to, they could have charged him with obstructing.

I wouldn't really call it a pissed off officer, just one with an itchy trigger finger or one that got tired of asking Mr. Pettigrew to leave the area more than he should have.

My part time job is dealing with drunks all freaking night at a club. So I can understand perfectly what might have been going on in the cop's mind when that outstanding, drunk, student did not want to leave when asked to leave. Yet that outstanding, drunk, student did decide to go after the tools he was fighting with. And in doing so, hit a cop.

Sounds to me he will get off with a slap on the wrist. ;)
  9. Sooner-Magic

Sooner-Magic Banned to Bedlam & Flame

Man you people are touchy. I never said a negative word you all just ran with it like idiots on crack.

**moderator edit - incorrect facts**

Thanks for playing retards :D

Good Luck to Pettigrew, I understand he is a nice kid. NFL caliber player on a sub 500 quality team facing felony charges that endanger his chances of playing in the NFL. Bet hes glad he went to stoolwater.
  10. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Quit being the epitome of why OSU fans cannot stand OU fans. It is fans like you that make OU fans look foolish and retarded.
  11. Sooner-Magic

Sooner-Magic Banned to Bedlam & Flame

Thanks but No Thanks for the advice, I'll take care of myself. The reason LoSuR U fans don't like OU has nothing to do with any OU fans. It's called jealousy and the worst case of Red Ass in history.
  12. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Then quit being a f*ckin jerk.
  13. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

A-freakin-men...but we've pretty much come to expect nothing less from this moron.
  14. osugrad08

osugrad08 Wrangler

No it doesnt. Thou shalt not fight is not one of the Ten Commandments.
  15. osugrad08

osugrad08 Wrangler

Your right I wasn't a witness to the event, but at the same time I'm going to give Pettigrew the benefit of the doubt. This incident isn't as cut and dry as Granger's shopping spree. He shoplifted, end of story. There are to many conflicting reports with Pettigrew on the other hand. I think it's a pretty good consensus that the assualting a police officer charges that were slapped on him will be dropped. Obviously he was resisting arrest, but they've got to prove pretty hard that he slapped the cop around. There is about a five or six year difference between resisting arrest and and beating a cop.
  16. Pokefan

Pokefan Cowboy

It was his THIRD assault, the first two were swept under the rug.... then when it could not be hidden, you know, kid in coma on life support, then it was an issue. Notice how NO charges were pressed, yet the victim was near death. In Pettigrew's case there was no injury involved.

I know the Victims family chose not to press charges against Dusty D. BUT the County DA can still do that in a case involving injury. The fact that he did not speaks volumes for what the Cleveland county DA does. I also remember marijuana charges against one of your D backs being dropped for an insufficient amount. In Oklahoma if it is enough to find it is enough to charge.
  17. Slugger926

Slugger926 Deputy

That is why there needs to be standardization on when a DA must or must not file charges. There needs to be some laws passed to have the process engineered so the machine will work properly.
  18. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Why would you want to start that now...the machine has been out of control for such a long time. Prentiss Elliott beats the crap out of an officer and goes to college, Pettigrew bumps a cop in the chest and it's a felony...sounds about par for the course.
  19. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

And, make no mistake...the police have an extremely difficult job...not envious of their cause.
  20. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

You are right, but Love thy neighbor is. ;)

And when has morals = the 10 commandments?