1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Assault and Battery on a POLICE OFFICER

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by Sooner-Magic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

In Dusty's case, I don't recall any charges being filed.

Pettigrew is accused of hitting a law officer. Just cannot do that shit nowadays.

Also you need to ask yourself, why would a cop lie about being hit with an elbow by Pettigrew?

I also recall some guy named Flowers for OSU having some extra smoke on him as well.
  2. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Other than Pettigrew word, which he was also cited for being publically drunk. What do you have to go by that says what you just stated is the truth?

Or are you just anti-law enforcement since this is happening to some kid from OSU?

You know what, every criminal always starts their life with a clean record. :eek:
  3. osucam

osucam Cowgirl Soccer Guru

Ever had an encounter with SPD? It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was just a pissed off cop on a power trip.
  4. okstate5968

Staff A/V Subscriber okstate5968 Orange Power Goddess

There may be some truth in that....but in the SPD's defense...not all cops are pissed off and on a power trip.
  5. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Yeah I have. Freaking speeding. I was treated fairly kindly.

If he was on a power trip that is one thing. If not, that is totally a different issue.

Right now the DA will be taking the word of the SOBER Police Officer over the Drunk Irritated Big Ass TE from OSU.

Sad, but that is usually how it goes. When drunk, people usually do not believe you.
  6. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Nothing other than what has been published, same info as you but you're ready to lock the door and throw the key away. Pettigrew has no (zero) record, as pointed out before Dusty had 2 prior to the coma case...not like he just beat his friend into a coma today deal. Plus, I'm seriously wondering why his buddy with the coma or his family WOULD press charges...so they could talk to Dusty again after his next drunken excursion? Yeh, that sounds like the right decision.
  7. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

I am not ready for to lock him up. I never said that. But the kid was drunk and in a fight. He hit a cop with his elbow purposely or accidently. The latter was after he was told numerous times to leave the area.

Fact is the kid had opportunity to leave the scene and he chose to stay. He gets whatever is coming to him. Though, like I have mentioned before, it will be nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Meaning he will most likely pay a fine and/or have some community service and probation.

I, like you, do not know the exact happenings of that night. But, if what has been reported is true, the kid deserves what he gets.

And I would think the same had this been an OU player. And think the same of Granger right now.
  8. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

Well, I guess it's just my Christian beliefs, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
  9. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

FWIW OKCPoke....
    Dusty went into rehab and from the reports we all have read, he has been sober since. Sounds to me the kid took advantage of his second chance.

I seriously hope for Pettigrew sake, that he gets a second chance. And that he makes the best of that chance.
  10. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

LMAO! So now I don't understand your Christian beliefs? Is your Christian Bible different than mine?

The 10 Commandments are a good start for morals, but there are more than those 10.
  11. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

I don't know what you understand. Ive never met a sooner I could relate to (excluding my husband).

Yes they are, those are definitely a good way to start, but Granger seems to have put himself into a pickle on that one.

I wouldn't consider being in a fight immoral.
  12. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

I don't considering being in a fight immoral either. However, when you are told to leave teh scene numberous times, as reported, and you stick around to add to your troubles, that is immoral and stupid.

And yes, Granger got himself into a pickle. Wish the kid luck in getting out of it. Like I said in this thread, earlier...I wish Stoops would kick him off the team. We don't need that crap right now.
  13. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

Stupid, but not immoral ;)

In my 21 years I've never known a guy to just walk away from a fight.
  14. Roman Craig

A/V Subscriber Roman Craig Race Ya Home!

:mullet:
  15. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

21 years?

Woman, you have some growing up to do. :D

Anyway, I have walked away from a fight. It wasn't because I was scared, but it was because I had my child with me. No need in letting my child see me fight. That would be immoral. :eek:
  16. osumoe74

osumoe74 Cowboy

I have twice.
    First time in my friend's borrowed beat up 67 Mustang - No reason was ever given for being stopped and I sat in his car for 15 minutes while he searched my friend's car. Came back, asked me if I had been drinking, let me out and told me to have a good night.

Second time going 55 in a 35 through the middle of Stilly in my new Ford Escape. I was stopped for 3 minutes and told to have a nice evening and keep it under 40.

Another time I was riding with my friend in his (perfectly legal) mustang, we were tailgated to our house and spotlighted as we walked up our steps.

They might now ALWAYS be on a power trip but it is pretty often:mad:
  17. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Kinda like my brain right now...numb.

LOL
  18. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Well, look what they have to deal with every night of the school year. :eek: :D :p
  19. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

I'm just fine, thank you.

Okay, you just tell yourself that ;) jk.

Well of course there are going to be certain occasions you don't want to have a smackdown, and that would be one of them, but Pettigrew didnt have any kids with him, it was a college fight that got a little out of control.
  20. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

Yes, they are. I had one bad encounter with them and that was enough for me.