1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Assault and Battery on a POLICE OFFICER

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by Sooner-Magic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're making it awfully hard.
  2. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

If I am on all day tomorrow, I should be well rested.
  3. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

Excuses are like butts, we all have them and they all stink.
  4. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

True. True.

Later osugrad08. Been fun.
  5. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

You never asked so you wouldn't know. Pettigrew was absolutely in the wrong. He should never have been involved in any fight, alcohol affects reasoning for the worse. He should never have put an elbow into the cops chest but, that said, we dion't know if after being asked to leave and he is, the cop grabs him and it was nothing more than a reaction to beign grabbed as he left. Too many unknowns here to make a judgement. My main point in relation to a comparison to Dysty was Dusty had already ahd bouts with alcohol/anger, Pettigrew has not.
  6. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

You mean rehab after he beat his buddy into a coma, not after the 1st 2 events that were swept under the rug. Maybe if he had addressed his alcohol/anger issues before, his best friend could have avoided the beating/coma.
    I am willing to bet that Pettigrew will do what is necessary to get this mess cleared up.
  7. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Another issue, it states Pettigrew was drunk...did the police check his blood alcohol content? Is that how they are sure he was drunk? I was involved in a car accident in Houston, a jerk ran a stop sign and smoked my car broad sdie. When the police arrived he stated I was on drugs or drunk...intead I ahd a concussion and amnesia. I was hauled into jail while he was released and possibly drunk also. After the police tested me, I was clean and they had to release me.
    Maybe the police are saying he was drunk because he had alcohol on his breath, doesn't mean he was over the legal limit though. Lots of ifs in this case. The fact is he didn't beat a cop to get the charges leveled at him.
  8. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

This is an excellent issue, it's beyond me how a person can be arrested and jailed for a minimum of 8 hours for public intoxication and never even have his/her blood alcohol level checked.
  9. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

They have this contraption called a breathalizer machine. It pretty accurate.

Why would they charge him with public intox if indeed he was not drunk?
  10. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

If you admit you are drunk, they do not have to check it.
  11. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

I didn't see any quotes about alcohol blood level...I'm aware of what a breathalizer is, thanks. As I said, if he smelled of alcohol that may have been enough for them...do you know better?
  12. NYC Poke

A/V Subscriber NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica

The way the law is written, if you've had a single drop, you can get arrested for PI at the officer's discretion. Or it least it was written that way when I spent 8 hours in jail for PI.
  13. NYC Poke

You don't have to admit you're drunk, just that you've been drinking.
  14. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Ouch!
  15. NYC Poke

They caught me toilet papering the Pi Phi house. There were a bunch of us out there, including several Pi Phis. I was the only one dumb enough not to run away when the cop pulled up. I thought I'd be responsible and tell him what was going on, that we'd clean it up the next day, etc. I don't think I'd even had 2 beers. I should've lied.

It was a lot of fun explaining this in the "Character and Fitness" section of my bar application.
  16. Pokepoker

Banned Pokepoker Banned

Damn cops!

LOL
  17. Sooner-Magic

Sooner-Magic Banned to Bedlam & Flame

18. osugrad08

osugrad08 Cowboy

19. Sooner-Magic

Sooner-Magic Banned to Bedlam & Flame

Did the cop live? I haven't heard.
  20. Chris H.

A/V Subscriber Chris H. administrator emeritus

Wow...that may be the absolute most pathetic attempt at smack I've ever witnessed on this board...you are quite the tool. I suppose the real question is, will you live when you banned from here?