Baseball America Tournament Projections

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
that would be a tough regional for sure, but something different than playing in AR w/ DBU.........

Every year, the same old projections come out. If we're projected to be a 2 or 3 seed, D1baseball and/or Baseball America always project us to go to Fayetteville. I don't believe that OU has matched up with Arkansas for a regional in years, maybe never. I don't get it. Send them to Fayetteville. Let us go to Baton Rouge, or Athens, or Atlanta.

Jul 28, 2006
OU always gets the easiest regional be it basketball or baseball. They’re a blue blood plain and simple. Haven’t earned it in either sport but that’s how it is.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
Vermont
that would be a tough regional for sure, but something different than playing in AR w/ DBU.........
I know the Noles post season hasn't gone well in recent years however, this is Head Coach Mike Martin's last year at FSU so they should be a bit motivated during the regionals (unless they're facing Mississippi State).

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
We have got to finish with some wins before we even qualify for the tournament. I know that our RPI is good, but we still need some wins.

We're discussing a projection that has us in the tournament. A projection. Go email the dudes at Baseball America and D1Baseball with your crap if you don't like the fact that they're projecting us as in, don't respond to me with it.

Aug 1, 2008
We're discussing a projection that has us in the tournament. A projection. Go email the dudes at Baseball America and D1Baseball with your crap if you don't like the fact that they're projecting us as in, don't respond to me with it.
Hey, I want us in the tournament as much anyone. I was just stating a fact. Cool your jets. Jeez!

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
strikeupthegapband.com
Hey, I want us in the tournament as much anyone. I was just stating a fact. Cool your jets. Jeez!

Stating a fact..... Here's a fact - every single team that's projected as a 2, 3, or 4 seed needs to win more games to get in. Any of them lose out, they're not in. Your comment was stupid, own it. Your crap is old.

Dec 20, 2005
Man, I hope our kids aren't as big on whining as our fan base does. If we are the among best, we will win against the best. Which of the two scenarios do you prefer?

1) You go up against a set of schools everyone thinks you should beat. Your team under-estimates them or has a bad weekend and you are eliminated early.

OR

2) You take your tough regional. Your team narrowly advances or narrowly misses advancement, but plays good baseball.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

ATXCowboy

Like a Boss
A/V Subscriber
Sep 2, 2009
Austin
Man, I hope our kids aren't as big on whining as our fan base does. If we are the among best, we will win against the best. Which of the two scenarios do you prefer?

1) You go up against a set of schools everyone thinks you should beat. Your team under-estimates them or has a bad weekend and you are eliminated early.

OR

2) You take your tough regional. Your team narrowly advances or narrowly misses advancement, but plays good baseball.
If you had a choice of being the top scientist in your field or getting mad cow disease, what would it be?

All joking aside - having home field advantage is huge.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
I see where Warren Nolan is predicting us to drop 2 to OU and sweep Baylor. It's a little surprising that he also has us moving from an RPI of 12 to 8 with that 4-2 finish.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
I see where Warren Nolan is predicting us to drop 2 to OU and sweep Baylor. It's a little surprising that he also has us moving from an RPI of 12 to 8 with that 4-2 finish.
Baylor’s RPI is 27 (only a few spots higher than Orst). I imagine sweeping a team with an RPI that high will have effect that jump.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

OR

OR

why can't we have #3? Go up against a set of schools everyone thinks you should beat. You kick the crap out of them as expected, and advance to the Super.