1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Baseball ranked #25!!!

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by PartyPartyParty, Apr 30, 2012.

1. PC_cowboy33

PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy A/V Subscriber

We still have work to do...if our bats continue to produce like they have the past two weeks we'll be fine. Hopefully we have enough rum for Jobu.

[​IMG]

2. teibbor

teibbor Moderator Staff A/V Subscriber

well in fairness to Jim Traber we did stink. We were 16-17 until we won 8 in a row. We were 182 in RPI out of 297 team.

3. pokes16

pokes16 Sheriff

Hey Bartender, Jobu needs a refill.

PokeFanWes likes this.
  4. Poke Flyfisher

Poke Flyfisher Cowboy

It's so sad to even be having this conversation. It just seems like yesterday when we were expected not only to get into post season play but be in Omaha every year. And a top 25 ranking would have been considered a subpar year. But then again, it wasn't that long ago when people would have laughed if you told them our football team was going to contend for a MNC and it was going to be between us Alabama and LSU!

5. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Someone needs to work on some basic math skills.

In all fairness to Traber, he doesn't deserve fairness. All he does is lie about being invited to alumni events. And then PM me and whine to me about calling him a liar.

GoSTATE likes this.
  6. OstatePokes

OstatePokes Sheriff

Wait, Traber is on OP???

7. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Yep.

8. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

He doesn't post very often, but when he does, it's generally to tell everyone how dumb they are and how we should all give it up to him as A) A former Oklahoma State baseball and football player; B) A former member of the Baltimore Orioles; C) A friend of Billy Ripken; and D) A born-again Christian of superior moral character and virtue.

9. PC_cowboy33

That stuff ended right around 2000-01 under Holliday...actually probably earlier than that. Those expectations should have ended as soon as the Big 12 was born.

10. CowboyAdam

CowboyAdam Sheriff

Fire FRANK

11. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

We did go to Omaha in 99 though, but I totally agree. Our facilities and administrative support sucks.

12. PC_cowboy33

More speaking to the expectation...tough to expect a team to go to Omaha every year in this conference. Not even Texas - with it's facilities, money, and fan support being on par with anyone in the country - could reasonably expect to be in Omaha every year. We haven't been able to reasonably expect Omaha since Ward left (in my opinion), and that was a long long time ago.

13. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

I agree.

14. CampusCowboy

CampusCowboy Federal Marshal

18-17 really isn't any better than 16-17, both records are atrocious.

15. PartyPartyParty

PartyPartyParty One Love.

I really wish there was any hint that this is sarcastic so I could like it, but there isn't...the bolded FRANK is kind of scaring me...

16. TruthRoderick

TruthRoderick Wrangler

still need to let go of frank....

pokesmoke16 likes this.
  17. PC_cowboy33

wonder how many other fanbases would say that while tied for 3rd in the Big 12? My guess is none...maybe the aggies, but they're the SEC's problem now.

Carneyman14 likes this.
  18. Carneyman14

Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy A/V Subscriber

When we were 15-16 I was all for firing Frank. But he's got us right where we should be. We aren't gonna catch UT A&M or this year Baylor. But 3/4 in the Big 12 with what support/facilities we have is great.

19. TruthRoderick

TruthRoderick Wrangler

you can say all you want but until we went on an 8 game win streak we were 16-17...if you think coaching gets you on an 8 game winning streak you are crazy. We are hot right now...next game could start an 8 game losing streak and we could be right back where we started. Coming from somebody that played college baseball i know how this works. One second your hot, the next your not. I hope we can stay hot and win but IMO i think frank anderson is a lousy coach.

I'm not saying we are going to go on a losing streak or that we haven't improved, I just don't want to settle for being in the middle of the pack in the big XII. OSU baseball should mean more to us than that. I think we need to get an OSU guy in there. This is just my opinion.

pokesmoke16 likes this.
  20. AshlandFlash

AshlandFlash Territorial Marshal

So, coaches have nothing to do with winning, but are solely to blame for a losing streak. Very interesting...