Baseball vs gcu

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Rough weekend. Losing 2/3 to gcu not exactly the start anyone was hoping for or expecting. Need to win that asu game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
I think the early question is, where the hell is the offense? We're facing a Sunday starter for a WAC team, albeit a good team, but none the less a WAC team. This is a game you need to put up 7, 8 pr 10 runs and hope your Sunday starter doesn't give up as many. With all the "hitting" acumen we have on this staff, this has been the most disappointing aspect of this opening series. This was suppose to be a prolific offense with the returners and new pieces added and it's been a dud so far. Was really hoping they'd come out of the blocks hot unlike the last couple of years and take some pressure off these young pitchers. I know, I know, it's really early but damn!

And a mini rally as I type. Hope they figure it out soon.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I think the early question is, where the hell is the offense? We're facing a Sunday starter for a WAC team, albeit a good team, but none the less a WAC team. This is a game you need to put up 7, 8 pr 10 runs and hope your Sunday starter doesn't give up as many. With all the "hitting" acumen we have on this staff, this has been the most disappointing aspect of this opening series. This was suppose to be a prolific offense with the returners and new pieces added and it's been a dud so far. Was really hoping they'd come out of the blocks hot unlike the last couple of years and take some pressure off these young pitchers. I know, I know, it's really early but damn!

And a mini rally as I type. Hope they figure it out soon.
I'm with you. Of course its early--and Josh's team seem to always start slow, but this is ugly. My question is: which coach is in charge of what? There's a lot of knowledge about hitting and baseball, but I'm sure they each have a different view. Someone close to the program has told me several times that there's been coaches "crossing over" into other areas they are not responsible for and it has caused some problems in the past.

I'm sure it will all work out fine. Good problem to have I guess.

Nice single by Trenkle gets OSU on the board, 5-1, still batting.