Baseball vs gcu

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 14, 2010
I'm with you. Of course its early--and Josh's team seem to always start slow, but this is ugly. My question is: which coach is in charge of what? There's a lot of knowledge about hitting and baseball, but I'm sure they each have a different view. Someone close to the program has told me several times that there's been coaches "crossing over" into other areas they are not responsible for and it has caused some problems in the past.

I'm sure it will all work out fine. Good problem to have I guess.

Nice single by Trenkle gets OSU on the board, 5-1, still batting.
Matt is doing the hitting

He and Josh are just about 100% aligned in their hitting philosophies

Robin wilk specialize with certain kids like Cabbiness that need a different voice

You are correct thst there has been crossover in the past, and it has created problems, but this year won't be a problem

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Matt is doing the hitting

He and Josh are just about 100% aligned in their hitting philosophies

Robin wilk specialize with certain kids like Cabbiness that need a different voice

You are correct thst there has been crossover in the past, and it has created problems, but this year won't be a problem
Awesome.

Good to know. I'm sure we'll see some guys develop.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Simply cannot have the errors on the bases and in the field seen this inning, early in the season or not.

Nov 14, 2010
Awesome.

Good to know. I'm sure we'll see some guys develop.
We started 2 true freshman on the mound this weekend and it has flipped the scoreboard on us both times and forced us to chase the lead.

That's put us in press mode

It frustrates me to no end that Rob never seems to have a #2 or #3 starters and several big time arms spend too much time mind bent.

Parker should have started Friday, Standlee yesterday and this whole thing would have looked different

Walton over thinks things too often and it really messes with the mojo

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Let's be honest--the big frustration for a lot of us is that we've suffered through a miserable basketball season when we thought we'd be a tournament team, most of us had higher expectations for football, and we just want to see a good OSU team play well and win...and it appears we're going to have to wait a while longer.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
We started 2 true freshman on the mound this weekend and it has flipped the scoreboard on us both times and forced us to chase the lead.

That's put us in press mode

It frustrates me to no end that Rob never seems to have a #2 or #3 starters and several big time arms spend too much time mind bent.

Parker should have started Friday, Standlee yesterday and this whole thing would have looked different

Walton over thinks things too often and it really messes with the mojo
Agree 100%. Like I said on Friday, this weekend has been circled all offseason by GCU--and we show up and seem like we're just here to "experiment."

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Rough weekend. Losing 2/3 to gcu not exactly the start anyone was hoping for or expecting. Need to win that asu game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giving up with half the game to go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just not playing well. Had a good inning at the plate yesterday but offensively that’s it. Just not feeling a comeback today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 14, 2010
Agree 100%. Like I said on Friday, this weekend has been circled all offseason by GCU--and we show up and seem like we're just here to "experiment."
We were from a pitching perspective

Rob needs to find out as soon as possible what contributions Osmond and Campbell are ready to make

He knows he can always slot Standlee back in the 2 hole and Varela in the 3 hole but Rob works in a way where he keeps those situations in his back pocket and then goes after the most amount of blue sky