Baylor game

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
This is it. A win and the program has a chance a loss and likely a long ride (meaning years) in the basement of the big12. Baylor should be a 20+ point fav vs knowles no idea what I am trying to do from these formations defense.

5 and 7 is staring Gundy right in the stupid mullet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
KU, WVU, and TCU better all be wins...if they aren't then we have problems...granted TTU should have been a win barring 5 turnovers. That would put us at worst 7-5...not 5-7. Win one of ISU, BU and OU and we would improve on that...win 2 of those and it's a very good 9 win year maybe 10 with the bowl. far too early to give up.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Laughable to say this single game will determine the program's fate "for years." Simply laughable.
Has this ever happened to us? Have we ever lost a game that defined our program? Has any team had that happen? Maybe a season-defining loss, but I can’t think of a program-defining loss.

Win or lose, we probably won’t think a whole lot about this game after the season ends. It’s a rebuilding year and the season as a whole probably won’t be memorable.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Laughable to say this single game will determine the program's fate "for years." Simply laughable.
Has this ever happened to us? Have we ever lost a game that defined our program? Has any team had that happen? Maybe a season-defining loss, but I can’t think of a program-defining loss.
That’s easy.

Bedlam.

That was worth it.

Goodbye, main board. It’s been fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2009
New York
KU, WVU, and TCU better all be wins...if they aren't then we have problems...granted TTU should have been a win barring 5 turnovers. That would put us at worst 7-5...not 5-7. Win one of ISU, BU and OU and we would improve on that...win 2 of those and it's a very good 9 win year maybe 10 with the bowl. far too early to give up.

for the love of God will you stop making sense?!?! We are only allowed to post doom and gloom here

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
That’s easy.

Bedlam.

That was worth it.

Goodbye, main board. It’s been fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heh. More like a program-defining series.

In all seriousness though, I don’t get this mentality that one game is going to make or break us. The chicken littles are out in force this week.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla

Win or lose, we probably won’t think a whole lot about this game after the season ends. It’s a rebuilding year and the season as a whole probably won’t be memorable.
I would say that the ISU game in 2011 was a program defining loss. Win that and still win Bedlam and we are in the national title game no question. Just making the title game can really change a program (though to truly change it does take more than just getting there, ask VaTech).

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I would say that the ISU game in 2011 was a program defining loss. Win that and still win Bedlam and we are in the national title game no question. Just making the title game can really change a program (though to truly change it does take more than just getting there, ask VaTech).
I thought of that one as well. Probably the closest example we have.

Nov 6, 2010

Iowa State 2011??

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
OSU will play its third ranked opponent in four games if the Baylor Bears are still in the top 25 by the time they get to Stillwater for homecoming Oct. 19.

Till then, here's some updates from the past few days. First, from Frank Bonner II...

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said he still hasn’t gotten over the 45-35 loss at Texas Tech, but his players have.

“These young people are so resilient,” Gundy said Tuesday. “They live in a world that moves really, really fast based on technology and social media. Coaches have to put their big boy pants on and get over it because players get over it.”

Spencer Sanders threw three interceptions and lost two fumbles in the loss to Texas Tech. He threw two interceptions in each of the two games before that, and Gundy said taking care of the football in the pocket will solve half of his problems.

“We’re going to coach that and we’re going to drill that,” Gundy said. We have a plan in place to correct that mistake. Essentially, you don’t give yourself a chance at all when you turn the ball over in the pocket. Those mechanics need to be improved and we have a plan in place for that. Now whether we can do all that in two weeks, I don’t know. But I feel like a month from now it’ll be much better.”
Also from Frank...

OSU didn’t put points on the board until its 10th possession after scoring on the first drive in three of the previous four games. The slow start put the Cowboys in a 20-point hole from which they couldn’t crawl out.

“We came out slow like I said, and you can’t do that in the Big 12. Teams get out fast,” said Hubbard, who finished with 156 rushing yards and three touchdowns. “Like I said, live and learn, and we’ve just got to be better next (game).”

Hubbard had 34 carries to put him over 30 touches in four of the past five games.
From Bill Haisten...

The best thing Mike Gundy did on Saturday was to stick with Sanders at quarterback. If the redshirt freshman had been benched, seeds of doubt are planted. Gundy doesn’t want a psychologically damaged QB.

Zac Robinson, Brandon Weeden and Mason Rudolph had afternoons that resembled the Sanders nightmare.
On a pros note, I've been tracking XFL draft pool updates the past few days. Locals so far listed here. The current NFL locals are listed here (but it hasn't been updated since before Monday Night Football).

Sep 21, 2019
Fargo
OSU will play its third ranked opponent in four games if the Baylor Bears are still in the top 25 by the time they get to Stillwater for homecoming Oct. 19.

Till then, here's some updates from the past few days. First, from Frank Bonner II...

Also from Frank...

From Bill Haisten...

On a pros note, I've been tracking XFL draft pool updates the past few days. Locals so far listed here. The current NFL locals are listed here (but it hasn't been updated since before Monday Night Football).
We are more than capable of winning this game. I would love to see Gundy to turn the reigns loose to our coordinators and really see what they can do. Bye week came at a good time for offensive line. Maybe they can get something figured out. A freakin haircut would get me fired up. I'm curious who puts more dye in their hair Miles or Gundy.