Bedlam apathy, inevitable butt kicking

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Yep, saw a clip of an interview with Corndog last night on the news when asked about bedlam. The look on his face and his answer was of no confidence at all that they even have a shot in this game. Looked like a guy that knows he will get sacked at least 5 times tomorrow.
My confidence in coach Gundy with a great offensive line to beat OU is questionable

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
My confidence in coach Gundy with a great offensive line to beat OU is questionable
Gundy has an ou mental block..he just does.

I look for us to get smoked tomorrow, but even when we have as good or better team and should win, we still lose under Gundy...maybe tomorrow we will see something different..until then Gundy is still the #soonersbitch

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008

I look for us to get smoked tomorrow, but even when we have as good or better team and should win, we still lose under Gundy...maybe tomorrow we will see something different..until then Gundy is still the #soonersbitch
I hate to say it but we will always be with him as our coach. He is not creative or ballsy enough to win that game out right. It would require a NFL QB and for OU to have some extensive injuries on the roster

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Yep, saw a clip of an interview with Corndog last night on the news when asked about bedlam. The look on his face and his answer was of no confidence at all that they even have a shot in this game. Looked like a guy that knows he will get sacked at least 5 times tomorrow.
Exactly, which is sad because their defense sucks. He should be licking his chops believing he'll light them up. He lit up Texas and their defense is significantly better. But it's OU and doggone it, we're not supposed to win that game cause they're the big bad boogymen. The one thing I will give to Bob Simmons and Les Miles, they weren't afraid of OU and weren't scared to brag that they'd beat them. You can smell the fear in Gundy....

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
I'll be watching the basketball team at 3:00. Does that make me less of a fan?

Great suggestion on the movie, hadn't considered that one.
I will be watching the basketball game and the football game but it could be basketball game only really quick. No that makes you a real fan because we are a basketball school. Plus, Coach Gundy doesn’t inspire any confidence in our team when playing that game. No need to waste your time or miss a few good basketball shots

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis

So many of my OSU friends over the years have said the "mental block" thing. I wonder why that could be?

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Exactly, which is sad because their defense sucks. He should be licking his chops believing he'll light them up. He lit up Texas and their defense is significantly better. But it's OU and doggone it, we're not supposed to win that game cause they're the big bad boogymen. The one thing I will give to Bob Simmons and Les Miles, they weren't afraid of OU and weren't scared to brag that they'd beat them. You can smell the fear in Gundy....
To your point about Coaches Simmons and Miles, I get that.

I would love...LOVE...to see Coach Gundy go in to a press conference and flat out say, "we're going to bring it to OU, and we're going to win". Even if you know you're the underdog, and if people will laugh at you, I don't care. Just instill a particular mindset that we are going to go in and punch OU in the teeth.

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I will be watching the basketball game and the football game but it could be basketball game only really quick. No that makes you a real fan because we are a basketball school. Plus, Coach Gundy doesn’t inspire any confidence in our team when playing that game. No need to waste your time or miss a few good basketball shots
good grief, do you whine this much in real life? do you need attention? I don't get it..............

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Mike Gundy has won as many games against OU as Les Miles. Josh Fields has beat OU as many times as Gundy. Let that sink in but somehow I have a inferiority complex.

You can make comments but the facts still exist that Coach Gundy can’t even beat the historical average against OU. I’m sure it’s just fans making up stuff lol
i realize how many bedlam games he has won...... I also realize that your entire existence hinges on whether or not OSU beats ou football. it's really sad, to be honest............

Last edited:

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
i realize how many bedlam games he has won...... I also realize that your entire existence hinges on whether or not OSU beats ou football. it's really sad, to be honest............
Really is that why I am going to watch the osu basketball game because if my entire existence hinges on the bedlam game then why would I even watch the basketball game. Logic and reasoning must not be your strong point.

Sep 8, 2014
The back 40
So many of my OSU friends over the years have said the "mental block" thing. I wonder why that could be?
I have nothing to go on other than my opinion, but I think down deep he wanted to play at ou..he is still that kid that grew up hearing how good ou was..he rooted for ou and down deep he thinks they are supposed to win.

It’s not a conscious thing..it’s all down deep in his sub-conscious..that’s my completely amateur analysis..that or he is just has the worst luck against ou of any big 12 coach...

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Really is that why I am going to watch the osu basketball game because if my entire existence hinges on the bedlam game then why would I even watch the basketball game. Logic and reasoning must not be your strong point.
b/c you're full of sh!t..........not a chance in hell you aren't glued to bedlam.........

Cro

Sheriff
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
No I’m basing this off multiple NFL teams trying to mimic his offense. I am no OU fan but I would love to have a intelligent coach like Riley. He has performed on a high level for multiple teams not just OU.

Also from a recruiting standpoint, ou is only getting better. They are getting top 5 classes like the other bluebloods. Stoops usually just pulled in top 10

one might wonder...........