1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Bedlam W-L

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by 65POKE, May 3, 2012.

1. wyzone

wyzone Sheriff

If point system counts, we scored more points.

2. Orangerules

Orangerules Sheriff

It's head to head from what I read on this thread. Goons lead 15-14.

3. wyzone

wyzone Sheriff

If not points, then since we won heads up in W Golf, why are they counting where we finished in the Big 12? Should be tied

4. Orangerules

Orangerules Sheriff

Looks like they counted both.

5. Hefley001

Hefley001 Deputy

4/22 we won heads up
    4/29 was Big12 Championship where we didn't play heads up

So....

"In sports where there is no head to head matchup, the Big 12 Championship final standings are used."

6. wyzone

wyzone Sheriff

Thus, we are tied because the Big 12 would not count because they played heads up earlier! Right?

7. Hefley001

Hefley001 Deputy

I see what your saying. I wasn't looking at it that way, but I do now. I was looking at it per event if they didn't play it would go to Big12 Champ standings, but the rules say per sport, so in that case we get the W for Womens golf.

8. Orangerules

Orangerules Sheriff

9. wyzone

wyzone Sheriff

10. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

A lot of goons are classless t-shirt fans! No one wants to donate to that hell hole because the university has a bunch of a-holes. I have friend who worked in the OU alumni donors office and told me that after we kicked their ass in bedlam they had people calling into revoke their pledged donations. She said non-donors were calling to complain about losing to us as well.

11. Orangerules

Orangerules Sheriff

If it was on the goon site I would agree.

12. OP 9000

OP 9000 Administrator Staff A/V Subscriber

Even if we don't count the women's golf championship... we still lose. 15-14 So quit sending me angry emails.

I'd rather win this by being better than they are at everything, not on technicalities anyway. We'll just have to keep getting better.

13. PokesFan76

PokesFan76 Greenhorn

Honestly, I think it's almost fitting that they're bragging about this hollow victory. Not only did they get scuzzed in football, and pretty much every other mens' sport as well, but they rode their womens' programs and sports they historically chastise us for mentioning to the crown. Funny how important golf and tennis seem to them now...

14. OUTitan

OUTitan Cowboy

LOL. Yeah that's believeable.

As usual, it was pretty much even, as it is most years. Both schools do a pretty good job in all sports

15. Hefley001

Hefley001 Deputy

No, without W Golf Big12 Champ it would be 14-14

16. Pistolp

Pistolp Deputy

I appreciate you guys not taking the typical Sooner stance when WE used to win the spring sports and have more points in the Bedlam Cup that "nobody cares about anything but football". This year to a certain extent was a year in reverse of normal: we won football and some of other fall sports, and OU dominated the spring sports. Both of us ended up with 5 Big 12 Conference Titles each. Great year in the Big 12 for the Oklahoma schools.

We end up with one more National title - not sure if OU won a nationally in anything. I would think I would have heard about it if they did.

17. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

Lol, @ you. I don't have any reasons to doubt what she said. As for both schools doing well in all sports, I will agree.

18. wyzone

wyzone Sheriff

Do the math again....would be 14-14

19. OP 9000

OP 9000 Administrator Staff A/V Subscriber

Sorry, I had miscounted and gave the Sooners 16 instead of 15. So yeah, it would be a tie.

But we count the Golf Championship because we've ALWAYS counted the golf championship. (links to history at the bottom of the Bedlam Series page). There usually isn't (and hasn't been before) a head-to-head matchup in Golf. I considered it a bonus, and the Big 12 Championship as the true contest as we always have.

I just don't feel right removing the event we've always counted in order to squeeze out a tie. And yes, I know what the rules on the site say, I'm the one who made them up.

20. wyzone

wyzone Sheriff

rules are rules.....my question is...when and why did the point system go away?