Bedlam Wrestling, Sunday at 12:30 pm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
This year's bedlam wrestling will be this Sunday at 12:30 pm* at GIA for anyone that wants to come watch the annual beatdown of the goons. If not, watch it on TV as it was picked up by ESPNU.

*Note the time change - It was slated for 4:00 pm but changed to 12:30 pm for television.

I have no idea what the goons bring to the table, but know they have no chance. We are pretty solid top to bottom unless some of our guys sit out. I know a couple of ours are dinged up right now but should be a great day to watch some wrestling.

Maybe some of the wrestling regulars on here will have some insight on the projected lineups.

@Seth25809er @CTeamPoke

Feb 10, 2007
Mckinney, TX
I've been a season ticket holder for going on 15 years. Can't wait to be there and kick some goon ass. Although, the drive might not be fun from Texas if it does snow. I'm going to need to help from OP on the road conditions, as we would need to leave here by 7:30 Sunday morning to make it!

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
I think we win somewhere in the neighborhood of 38-0. Lots of bonus points.
I was trying to think of a match we could lose and really couldn't. The only way I see us losing a match is if we juggle a bunch around between 174 and 197 due to injury. I don't know what they have at those weights so that is my only true question. Also, Smith may rest anyone "nicked up" since we won't need them.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
I've been a season ticket holder for going on 15 years. Can't wait to be there and kick some goon ass. Although, the drive might not be fun from Texas if it does snow. I'm going to need to help from OP on the road conditions, as we would need to leave here by 7:30 Sunday morning to make it!
I will be heading up from my house in western Oklahoma about 9:00. Takes me 90 minutes solid. Which way are you coming from, west or south?

Seth25809er

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jan 8, 2012
141 and 197 will be the two best matches. 174 and 149 could be decent, but I think OSU wins both of those fairly easily.

The rest OSU will dominate

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I would like for our fans to petition our school, OU, and the state's media to STOP calling this "Bedlam Wrestling." It's not a rivalry. It never will be. OU ducked and ran from the traditional non-conference match up, even with it scheduled for Norman. This sporting event is not worthy of the name Bedlam.
So does that mean next year's match will be in Norman (conference dual) with no match in Stillwater? Looks like it to me. Poor (chicken) Sooners.
chicken.jpg

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
So does that mean next year's match will be in Norman (conference dual) with no match in Stillwater? Looks like it to me. Poor (chicken) Sooners.
View attachment 66666

I'm not sure. All I know is that they have indefinitely called off the non-conference dual because they know they can't beat us. It's ridiculous that the state's media didn't jump all over this to ridicule OU about it.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I would like for our fans to petition our school, OU, and the state's media to STOP calling this "Bedlam Wrestling." It's not a rivalry. It never will be. OU ducked and ran from the traditional non-conference match up, even with it scheduled for Norman. This sporting event is not worthy of the name Bedlam.
Like in football?

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
uo cares more about gymnastics than they do wrestling. It wouldn't surprise me to hear in 5 years that they were dropping the program. It's utterly sad but true, they have no desire to compete with the top level program in the state. They will probably finish around 9th in the big 12 in wrestling and that's if they improve.

Oct 12, 2006
The goons motto, "Money rules you fools"! They all think there on the football team and nothing else matters. Will Georgia petition the Big 12?