1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ben Stein's vision is so clear...

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by OSU Sig, Jul 19, 2012.

1. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Cowboy

Quite a paradox...

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

Add to this that, many of those who refuse or are unable to prove they are citizens, will receive free insurance paid for by those who are.
  2. MustangPokeFan

MustangPokeFan Cowboy

It's amazing that so many seemingly have no problem with this fact......or perhaps they just can't comprehend the lunacy of it......

.......with all the conflicts we've engaged in and all the patriots who have died over the history of our country to protect our freedoms and national security, it's staggeringly unbelievable that our greatest threat and our potential demise may come from the idiots our citizens elect to represent themselves who ignore borders, encourage non-citizens and dead people to vote and do everything they can to create a monstrous central government that will take away those same liberties others fought and died for.

The only thing that makes me sicker than those low character individuals bent on perpetrating this dismantling of our liberties are those who are too ignorant to recognize it and empower the perpetrators with their clueless vote.....
    DogDoc, osupride97, ksupoke and 3 others like this.
  3. StillwaterTownie

StillwaterTownie Wrangler

Then I gather you far, far, prefer health care through bankruptcy over requiring everyone to buy health insurance, not that it will stop all medical bankruptcy. But at least that way, it keeps liberty, while assuring you that the government stays the hell away from paying for someone else's medical care.

Quite frankly, I prefer to spend time counting my own blessings, rather than worry to death about someone is going to get something for nothing, courtesy of the government. If it's wrong and immoral, the politicians are going to be too spineless to do anything about it.
  4. ksupoke

A/V Subscriber ksupoke I've never studied a HS recruits tape

Please read my post from George McGovern, in the Bain thread (a liberal hero if ever there was one) on his thoughts on the subject.
    Tax payers & people who are insured are already paying for other people's healthcare so that is not the discussion.
    OSU Sig likes this.
  5. BimboColes

BimboColes Cowboy

“A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    Milton Friedman
  6. osupride97

A/V Subscriber osupride97 Ambassador of Quan

You truly are clueless
    ostater2319, State and Slugger926 like this.
  7. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.

I gather you far, far prefer health care through bankruptcy than a plan that will stop all medical bankruptcy.
  8. StillwaterTownie

Then please why am I clueless? Maybe I haven't been out and about in the world for years and years like maybe you have.
  9. StillwaterTownie

So RX do you prefer health care through bankruptcy over ObamaCare, or not?
  10. RxCowboy

Since it doesn't stop medical bankruptcy then Obamacare is health care through bankruptcy. And since you favor Obamacare then you prefer health care through bankruptcy.

Personally, I'd prefer a system that brought down medical costs and people paid for their own medical bills. Why wouldn't you prefer that?
  11. CocoCincinnati

CocoCincinnati Cowboy

I don't prefer either one. Do you think those are the only two options?

As for your second paragraph, do you really believe that is the governments own money that it's spending? Or that those funds are unlimited? You have a duty as a citizen of this country to worry about what the government is doing with that money and to hold spineless politicians accountable.
  12. RxCowboy

I take you prefer spineless politicians to caring and holding them accountable.
  13. Cowboy2U

Cowboy2U Cowboy

It isn't courtesy of the government, it's courtesy of those who actually pay taxes. If the idiot in charge is worried about these people who have no medical insurance then he should quit adding to the freakin nightmare by allowing them to enter this country illegally. This country has in essence become the horn of plenty for the world's masses. Totally unsustainable.
    ksupoke likes this.
  14. StillwaterTownie

I do, but the well paid lobbyists working for the best profitable interests of the health care industry and the politicians in DC listening to them make what you want difficult to achieve.

I'm for trying out ObamaCare. If it doesn't work out just vote out the Democrats in 2016, including welcoming back a Republican president and let him deal with it. If Democrats win again and the state of the nation has gotten even worse in 2016, I will surely be more open minded by then to having a Republican back as president.
  15. StillwaterTownie

I may not vote, because it only encourages them, especially if the incumbents win. If they win, they're liable to think they have been doing something right all along, after all. NOT--Voting 30 unsuccessful times in the House to end ObamaCare is idiotic governing and causes needless expense for the taxpayers.
  16. BimboColes

BimboColes Cowboy

A great fallacy is the idea that if the private sector fails at something, the government will do it better by default.
    State and ksupoke like this.
  17. osupride97

A/V Subscriber osupride97 Ambassador of Quan

I'm 44. How old are you?
  18. jcowboy

jcowboy Deputy

How is voting to end Obama care causing needless expenditure? We are paying the representatives whether they are doing nothing or voting to end Obamacare.
    ksupoke likes this.
  19. docjoctoo

docjoctoo Cowboy

Stillwater..I know you mean well but the "Affordable" Healthcare Law is about as bad as it gets. Does the estimated $2,000,000,000,000 bill to put Obmacare in operation (not the cost) brother you? Does adding to the already big task of making out your imcome tax that will require you to prove you have the right kind of health insureance bother you? Does killing job growth by small business by adding still more government regulation and intervention bother you? If not hold your nose and vote for Obama once again!
    Cowboy2U, ksupoke and CocoCincinnati like this.
  20. State

A/V Subscriber State Cold Ass Honkey

This kind of thinking is why Townie and many others are beyond hope.