Bernie campaign text

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
My question is how did you get opted IN?
Probably mentioned "free stuff" in the presence of our Google overlords. A couple of nights ago we were sitting at home watching a movie, just two of us, no side conversation for a while. Out of nowhere my phone lights up and accurately types out several lines of the movie dialogue, then (paraphrasing) "Google Assistant: I don't understand _____ ______ ______, what do you need to know about ____________?"

And friends laugh at me for not wanting Alexa hanging out in multiple rooms of my house.

Aug 16, 2012
Probably mentioned "free stuff" in the presence of our Google overlords. A couple of nights ago we were sitting at home watching a movie, just two of us, no side conversation for a while. Out of nowhere my phone lights up and accurately types out several lines of the movie dialogue, then (paraphrasing) "Google Assistant: I don't understand _____ ______ ______, what do you need to know about ____________?"

And friends laugh at me for not wanting Alexa hanging out in multiple rooms of my house.
She got tossed within six months in our house after it became clear we were being monitored "to improve our experience" which is their way of flooding you with tailored ads. Effin eerie is what it was.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

My sis has Alexa, so I say the words "foot fetish" and "Russian brides" often when I'm over there.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
My question is how did you get opted IN?

Somehow it thought it heard the words hey Google.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
I got that same text from them and I was rude. I asked how they got my number and they said it's public record and basically can be obtained legally for campaign purposes. The conversation ended with them sending the same canned response.

No other candidate has contacted me via phone.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I got that same text from them and I was rude. I asked how they got my number and they said it's public record and basically can be obtained legally for campaign purposes. The conversation ended with them sending the same canned response.

How do you think Facebook and Twitter, et al, make so much money....it's not from ad revenue.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I would think they can call, but to text is something you normally have to sign up for before receiving.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2010
As long as it is a real person doing the texting it is legal.

My understanding is they identify likely voters based on how many recent elections they've voted in and that's who they contact.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I got one for Warren a few weeks back. I'm a registered D, but in OK.

Why would Warren send me a text?

I wanted to play, but I was busy and it caught me when I was a little flustered, so I just deleted it.

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
As long as it is a real person doing the texting it is legal.

My understanding is they identify likely voters based on how many recent elections they've voted in and that's who they contact.
Those aren't coming from a real person and if they are, they're using a seamless copy/paste system.