Big 12 bowl games.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

dbt974s

Wrangler
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Kinda sad when we have fallen behind Iowa State in the pecking order, especially when we beat them in Ames. I remember thinking back in 2011 that the program was about to explode...great facilities, “Oregon” uniform rotation, explosive and creative offenses. Oops.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Iowa State and K-State matchups seem odd. I like the opportunity to thrash the Aggies

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
Other than the quick turn-around for travel after Christmas, I'm happy with this choice.
Agree the ISU match up seems odd, but I guess they think ISU travels better--especially to warmer climes?

KSU was sort of the odd man out this year.

Mar 8, 2010
Damn, another boring matchup with a former league team. Missouri twice, Colorado, now A&M. Seems like just another regular season game in the old Big XII. Getting a crack at the Irish would have been sweet.

Aug 16, 2019
Edmond, Oklahoma
So much for that CFP ranking, especially considering you could have had two ranked teams in the Camping World Bowl along with the probable Doak Walker Award Winner in Chuba Hubbard. The name Norte Dame speaks for itself. I am surprised the Texas Bowl didn’t just make an exception and allow the game to be played at Kyle Field instead of NRG Stadium since it will essentially be a home game for the Aggot Head Cult.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Damn, another boring matchup with a former league team. Missouri twice, Colorado, now A&M. Seems like just another regular season game in the old Big XII. Getting a crack at the Irish would have been sweet.
I don't think it's boring to beat a former Big 12 member who is now in the SEC (oh boy) again! Go Pokes!!

Mar 8, 2010
I don't think it's boring to beat a former Big 12 member who is now in the SEC (oh boy) again! Go Pokes!!
[
Maybe occasionally it would be interesting to play former league foe, but this is the fourth time they've done that to us, plus this will be like a home game for the Aggies. This is getting old. Has OSU ever played Notre Dame? Now that would have been fun.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
We haven’t played a bowl in Houston in a long time so I’m excited to go down for this one.

We are in the middle of a tremendous bowl streak right now, but it has made our fans apathetic. In 1997 in San Antonio and 2002 in Houston we earned a reputation for traveling well, but nearly two decades later our fans are less willing to travel for bowl games. I’m not faulting anyone, but I don’t think bowl reps view the fan base the way they did 10 years ago.

w0lfe

Wrangler
Aug 23, 2010
Hoping the big 12 wins them all..... unlikely, but it's what the conference needs. Tired of this perception that they aren't good, even when they typically post one, if not the, of the best bowl records every season

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I swear if I hear Robert Allen try to put lipstick on this pig during his radio show tomorrow, I am going to call in and bite his head off. I am sorry but this feels like a big middle finger directed at the OSU program.
You just aren't a very happy person are you? There's no pig here. I mean you can be disappointed in who we got picked against. Houston's really not a bad game. It's a shorter drive for people than Orlando and not such an inconvenience in regards to the Christmas holiday and a chance to beat A&m which is always fun. On top of that the team is getting the extra practices and we won more than just six games in the regular season. Sounds to me like things are doing pretty good.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
You just aren't a very happy person are you? There's no pig here. I mean you can be disappointed in who we got picked against. Houston's really not a bad game. It's a shorter drive for people than Orlando and not such an inconvenience in regards to the Christmas holiday and a chance to beat A&m which is always fun. On top of that the team is getting the extra practices and we won more than just six games in the regular season. Sounds to me like things are doing pretty good.

On top of that it puts our coaches in a very good recruiting area for us. They can spend more time out recruiting the area whereas Orlando or AZ are not really areas we recruit much now.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
[
Maybe occasionally it would be interesting to play former league foe, but this is the fourth time they've done that to us, plus this will be like a home game for the Aggies. This is getting old. Has OSU ever played Notre Dame? Now that would have been fun.
Never. It seems every year we are projected with a good chance to meet them in a bowl game but it never happens.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
If you look at the body of work for the entire season ISU had some good wins and more important better losses:

Lost by 1 to #4 OU Went for 2-point extra point otherwise could have tied in regulation at Norman
Lost by 2 to #7 Baylor
Lost by 1 to #17 Iowa who ended up being a salty team

We lost by quite a bit bigger margins to OU and Baylor, and then there is the TTech loss. That loss haunted us all year.

Last edited:

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Hoping the big 12 wins them all..... unlikely, but it's what the conference needs. Tired of this perception that they aren't good, even when they typically post one, if not the, of the best bowl records every season
Hope I'm wrong, but I'm only seeing about 2 wins outta this lineup. :whistle:

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
I think our Bowl placement was based on three factors:

- We were in the Orlando Bowl year before last. Probably a bit too quick to return.
- Texas obviously wanted no part of A&M. So that moved them up to Alamo. We were in the Alamo Bowl in 2016. Texas hasn't been there since 2013.
- We've never been to the "Texas" Bowl. I'm sure they are excited to have us.

I went to the 2002 "Houston" Bowl when we played S. Mississippi. From a fan experience perspective, probably the worst Bowl trip I've ever made. Don't plan on going to this one.

Feb 7, 2007
Sand Springs OK
I think our Bowl placement was based on three factors:

- We were in the Orlando Bowl year before last. Probably a bit too quick to return.
- Texas obviously wanted no part of A&M. So that moved them up to Alamo. We were in the Alamo Bowl in 2016. Texas hasn't been there since 2013.
- We've never been to the "Texas" Bowl. I'm sure they are excited to have us.

I went to the 2002 "Houston" Bowl when we played S. Mississippi. From a fan experience perspective, probably the worst Bowl trip I've ever made. Don't plan on going to this one.
I’m not planning on a return to Houston either but not because of a bad experience in 2002. That was my son’s final time to march with the CMB so we enjoyed being there for it. That was also my first experience at an NFL stadium so that made it enjoyable. Hate Houston traffic...:thumbdown: