Big 12 week 4 rankings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
1. Oklahoma-First for all the reasons previously stated.

2. Kansas State
Road win over Miss state is still best ooc win for big 12. They appear to be more fundamentally sound than Texas.

3. Texas
Beating Oklahoma State in Austin is a good win, but Texas miscues make them 3 rather than 2.

4. West Virginia -This is early. Cowboys, baylor and Iowa State could all beat WVU, but I am going on what teams have done and the "eyeball" test.
Back from the dead after an early road loss to Mizzou, WVU beat a good(wait and see) Les Miles kansas
team on the road. With the win over 3-1 NC State on its resume and arguably the best dline in the big 12, WVU is 4 for now.
WVU leads the nation in sacks and tackles for loss. Anemic offense keeps them here.

5. Baylor
Unbeaten. have not played anyone, but unbeaten.

6. Oklahoma State
Sanders is a year away. Gifted, gifted athlete, but he looked like a freshman against the Texas defense. Hubbard is the best, but Gundy's use of him will wear him out before season's end. there's a reason most teams rotate 2 or 3 backs. Lastly, both lines looked bad against Texas. Win @ oregon State and Tulsa keep the Cowboys at 6.

7. TCU What an egg the Horns Frogs laid at home. But road win over Purdue has TCU at 7.

8. Iowa State
Purdy finally looked good-against Louisiana Monroe. Defense is very solid.

9.. Kansas Road win over BC is very good, a home loss to coastal carolina is not. Still, Kansas looks very physical and has two very good backs, albeit they lacked an oline to give them any daylight against WVU. Kansas will get 2 Big 12 wins.

10. TT. You dont fire KK. You dont fire KK in a year where he lost his 2 top qbs to injury. TT looked awful against a bad arz team and now bowman has a broken collarbone. TT is your new Kansas.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
1. OU - obviously
2. KSU - they just seem to be everything we aren’t. I’m envious
3. UT - I’m not that impressed so far but they have a high ceiling.
4. ISU - they’re about to start living up to the preseason hype
5. Baylor - play someone please
6. TCU - bad week but they should get straightened out
7. WVU - at least they have a coach who is motivated. The rest is a mess.
8. OSU - bottom 3 in defense, Special teams & coaching.
9. Texas Tech - losing Bowman hurts.
10. KU

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
1. OU - obviously
10. KU
Seems like an overreaction to our loss. WVU barely beats KU—who you put squarely in last place—and they’re better than us and TT? You also have UT as #3, even though we lost to them by less than a TD+XP in Austin. Meanwhile, TCU loses to SMU and Baylor barely scrapes by Rice, but both are better than OSU? I could possibly agree with ISU being ahead of us, but I’d say we’re 4th/5th based on our performance so far.

The sky hasn’t fallen yet.

OrangeCrush

Territorial Marshal
Oct 26, 2004
Gateway to the High Plains
1. I said it was early, and admitted WVU @ 4 was tentative.

2. Mizzou destroyed South carolina on the road last week. they are better than their week 1 road loss.
WVU turned to freshmen after the mizzou loss. seniors who started against mizzou didnt see the field against nc state or kansas. Freshmen are really talented and growing up fast. NC State was a good win, and kansas(as you will see), is a good road win.

I dont think les miles is getting the credit he deserves. None of kansas starting lbs were jayhawks last season and they are all good. Miles brought in guys, and Kansas actually lays the wood. They have 2 of the better rbs in the big 12, and the only reason WVU held them in check was WVU has a stout dline.

3. Who should be ahead of WVU? Oklahoma State? maybe, but you dont have a win as good as nc state, and your dline is awful, your rb depth must be nonexistent, and your oline will be manhandled by the better defenses in the big 12.

Baylor has played no one. Iowa State doesnt pass the eye test. Will WVU end up 8th? maybe so. it's early. WVU most likely, imho, will finish ahead of kansas, TCU, TT, and baylor. Likely end up 6th, but Im going now on what ive seen.
you spin so well. have you ever considered a career as a figure skater?

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
1. OU - obviously
10. KU
Seems like an overreaction to our loss. WVU barely beats KU—who you put squarely in last place—and they’re better than us and TT? You also have UT as #3, even though we lost to them by less than a TD+XP in Austin. Meanwhile, TCU loses to SMU and Baylor barely scrapes by Rice, but both are better than OSU? I could possibly agree with ISU being ahead of us, but I’d say we’re 4th/5th based on our performance so far.

The sky hasn’t fallen yet.
Probably more of a prediction of the finish instead of current situation. I guess we’d currently be 5th or 6th just looking at the raw results. Watching our team though? I feel pretty confident 7th is our ceiling.

Defense - gotta be the worst in the Big 12.
ST- aren’t we always a mess?
Coaching - who’s worse than us? At least the new guys are motivated and want to win. Gundy would like to win but not if it means sacrificing any of his precious ego or spare time he spends on his mullet and turtle hunting.
Offense- three really talented guys who aren’t used correctly.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
1. I said it was early, and admitted WVU @ 4 was tentative.

2. Mizzou destroyed South carolina on the road last week. they are better than their week 1 road loss.
WVU turned to freshmen after the mizzou loss. seniors who started against mizzou didnt see the field against nc state or kansas. Freshmen are really talented and growing up fast. NC State was a good win, and kansas(as you will see), is a good road win.

I dont think les miles is getting the credit he deserves. None of kansas starting lbs were jayhawks last season and they are all good. Miles brought in guys, and Kansas actually lays the wood. They have 2 of the better rbs in the big 12, and the only reason WVU held them in check was WVU has a stout dline.

3. Who should be ahead of WVU? Oklahoma State? maybe, but you dont have a win as good as nc state, and your dline is awful, your rb depth must be nonexistent, and your oline will be manhandled by the better defenses in the big 12.

Baylor has played no one. Iowa State doesnt pass the eye test. Will WVU end up 8th? maybe so. it's early. WVU most likely, imho, will finish ahead of kansas, TCU, TT, and baylor. Likely end up 6th, but Im going now on what ive seen.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Probably more of a prediction of the finish instead of current situation. I guess we’d currently be 5th or 6th just looking at the raw results. Watching our team though? I feel pretty confident 7th is our ceiling.

Coaching - who’s worse than us? At least the new guys are motivated and want to win. Gundy would like to win but not if it means sacrificing any of his precious ego or spare time he spends on his mullet and turtle hunting.
Well, we are favorites over your #2 team this coming weekend.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

Vegas probably can’t believe Gundy can be so stupid two weeks in a row.

Gundy says hold my beer. They’ll start to catch on after this week.

Apr 13, 2007
I don't think Nolaeer's picks are all that far off. I would move OSU to four then leave the rest alone except maybe put TT somewhere higher.

WV does have a good coach and a great defensive coordinator. It might take them a year to get everything sorted out. I think Bear Bryant went win less his his first year at Texas A&M. or did he win one? can't remember for sure.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
1. OU - obviously
10. KU
not Sure which is more asinine - KSU ahead of UT or us 8th.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2006

2. Kansas State
Road win over Miss state is still best ooc win for big 12. They appear to be more fundamentally sound than Texas.

3. Texas
Beating Oklahoma State in Austin is a good win, but Texas miscues make them 3 rather than 2.

4. West Virginia -This is early. Cowboys, baylor and Iowa State could all beat WVU, but I am going on what teams have done and the "eyeball" test.
Back from the dead after an early road loss to Mizzou, WVU beat a good(wait and see) Les Miles kansas
team on the road. With the win over 3-1 NC State on its resume and arguably the best dline in the big 12, WVU is 4 for now.
WVU leads the nation in sacks and tackles for loss. Anemic offense keeps them here.

5. Baylor

6. Oklahoma State
Sanders is a year away. Gifted, gifted athlete, but he looked like a freshman against the Texas defense. Hubbard is the best, but Gundy's use of him will wear him out before season's end. there's a reason most teams rotate 2 or 3 backs. Lastly, both lines looked bad against Texas. Win @ oregon State and Tulsa keep the Cowboys at 6.

7. TCU What an egg the Horns Frogs laid at home. But road win over Purdue has TCU at 7.

8. Iowa State

9.. Kansas Road win over BC is very good, a home loss to coastal carolina is not. Still, Kansas looks very physical and has two very good backs, albeit they lacked an oline to give them any daylight against WVU. Kansas will get 2 Big 12 wins.

10. TT. You dont fire KK. You dont fire KK in a year where he lost his 2 top qbs to injury. TT looked awful against a bad arz team and now bowman has a broken collarbone. TT is your new Kansas.
The next few months are going to be filled with disappointments and letdowns. You should probably start finding new hobbies and some mindfulness activities to help you start to cope with the stress and emotions that will become more apparent in the coming weeks.

You should also realize that your struggles are common and there are many others here who should join you. While there is no professional solution to your lack of intelligence, there are definitely professionals who you can talk to about your emotions during what will no doubt be a difficult time

Last edited:

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas

2. Kansas State

3. Texas

5. Baylor

6. Oklahoma State

8. Iowa State

As I do every year. I’ll offer you triple what Vegas is offering for odds for west virgina’s big 12 title odds right now if you want to place the bet

Sep 9, 2013
Wasnt oklahoma State favored over Kstate the past 2 years as well?
Let's let this be decided on the field.

OSU has a young qb. he should improve each week. I think you're a year away bc the lines are not anything to write home about, but the Cowboys could well beat Kstate. My rankings are based on what Ive seen over the 1st 4 games.

It wasnt that Oklahoma State lost in Austin, it was that Texas would have rolled you if they could field a punt. They muff 2 punts in morgantown, they wont get away with a win.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Wasnt oklahoma State favored over Kstate the past 2 years as well?
Let's let this be decided on the field.

OSU has a young qb. he should improve each week. I think you're a year away bc the lines are not anything to write home about, but the Cowboys could well beat Kstate. My rankings are based on what Ive seen over the 1st 4 games.

It wasnt that Oklahoma State lost in Austin, it was that Texas would have rolled you if they could field a punt. They muff 2 punts in morgantown, they wont get away with a win.
OSU won the turnover battle by 1 and left substantially more points off the board than UT. Both teams had 26 first downs, and both teams were just shy of 500 yards. The narrative that OSU got worked and was gifted a close game is very narrow sighted.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
OSU won the turnover battle by 1 and left substantially more points off the board than UT. Both teams had 26 first downs, and both teams were just shy of 500 yards. The narrative that OSU got worked and was gifted a close game is very narrow sighted.

Yeah it really amazed me how people want to mention “if it wasn’t for the2 muffed punts or Texas would have blown OSU out”. But don’t stop to think about how many times with poor play calling that kept Texas in position to win.

Btw to you grammar buffs....my apologies for run on sentences

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
Yeah it really amazed me how people want to mention “if it wasn’t for the2 muffed punts or Texas would have blown OSU out”. But don’t stop to think about how many times with poor play calling that kept Texas in position to win.

Btw to you grammar buffs....my apologies for run on sentences
You’ve been reading too much of Robert Allen’s work. Must be contagious !