Big Bold Prediction

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Well, great. Republicans, no doubt, will take a big red wave as a sign from voters telling them it's okay to go ahead and cut Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security and keep the tariffs on. Also to keep the minimum wage at $7.25.

On the other hand:
Forecast: Democrats Have Almost Locked Down House
October 2, 2018 at 9:23 am EDT

Rachel Bitecofer: “My faithful followers will know that I made quite a shock wave in June and July when I announced unambiguously there would be a large Democratic wave. Though only just getting into the general election once will see how much movement the other outlets have had towards my predictions since July 1. Astute observers will notice that many of my districts initially coded as ‘likely to flip’ to the Democrats have been reclassified as ‘will flip’ districts and some original ‘toss up’ districts are now ‘likely to flip.’ I now have 22 districts coded as will flip. Several of these have had resources pulled from them by the Republican SuperPac.”

“As you know, Democrats actually need 23 districts to win control of the House and they all virtually guaranteed to do so given my expectation of converting more races into the ‘will flip’ category over the month of October. As you can see, with just a few exceptions, my race raters are still largely on the fence on these districts but I expect that by Election Day, they too will rate these as likely pick-ups for the Democrats. Just remember, you heard it here first.”
https://politicalwire.com/2018/10/0...-have-almost-locked-down-house/#disqus_thread

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Well, great. Republicans, no doubt, will take a big red wave as a sign from voters telling them it's okay to go ahead and cut Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security and keep the tariffs on. Also to keep the minimum wage at $7.25.

On the other hand:
Forecast: Democrats Have Almost Locked Down House
October 2, 2018 at 9:23 am EDT

Rachel Bitecofer: “My faithful followers will know that I made quite a shock wave in June and July when I announced unambiguously there would be a large Democratic wave. Though only just getting into the general election once will see how much movement the other outlets have had towards my predictions since July 1. Astute observers will notice that many of my districts initially coded as ‘likely to flip’ to the Democrats have been reclassified as ‘will flip’ districts and some original ‘toss up’ districts are now ‘likely to flip.’ I now have 22 districts coded as will flip. Several of these have had resources pulled from them by the Republican SuperPac.”

“As you know, Democrats actually need 23 districts to win control of the House and they all virtually guaranteed to do so given my expectation of converting more races into the ‘will flip’ category over the month of October. As you can see, with just a few exceptions, my race raters are still largely on the fence on these districts but I expect that by Election Day, they too will rate these as likely pick-ups for the Democrats. Just remember, you heard it here first.”
https://politicalwire.com/2018/10/0...-have-almost-locked-down-house/#disqus_thread
Seriously Townie? an article with a record of correct predictions, and a detailed explination of how the prediction worked and should work again.... versus.... a person with a map that she flips as she sees fit?

You did not just make that post, did you? Really? Seriously? That's embarrassing.

but worse than that.... your opening comments were divisive and inflammatory, for no reason other than you simply do not want to get along with others, and have no intention of listening to the concerns and positions of others. Why do you do that? Why can't we get along? Why do you continue to vulcanize the discussions and paint others as villains?

Tell me one time when the "right" cut Medicare or Medicaid or even tried to cut them. When has the right cut or tried to cut Social Security? Didn't Trump just REDUCE tariffs with the USMCA? Isn't that actually Trump's stated goal, NO TARIFFS at all, by anybody?

The last time Social security was changed was in Tip O'Neill's (D) House, that Reagan signed, which changed the retirement age to 66 (after a 22 year pause), and then increased it by 2 months every year there after. That's it.

The "right" is not fighting about Medicare and Medicaid so much, the debate is about government involvement..... that the process should be moved to the free market and let companies compete for those government dollars.

What's wrong with that? Seriously, nobody is seriously discussing eliminating those, but rather about getting the government out of the insurance business. The Government is horrible at it.

Similarly with social security - the discussion is about privatization, not elimination. The government takes our money from us, and then keeps it when we die. Why? Why are you opposed to ideas to actually fix these programs that even the CBO says are bankrupt and will fail in just a few short years.

Why are you opposed to discussing ideas?

Can we talk? (in my best Joan Rivers)

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Words spoken by Sean Hannity of Fox News on Wednesday night Oct. 3:

"I can not confidently tell our audience tonight that in 34 days that the House is not going to be in the hands of Nancy Pelosi. I can not confidently say Chuckie Schumer is not going to be the Senate majority leader. And I can not confidently say that somebody, like Maxine Walters with her reckless rhetoric, you know, get in their faces, etc, follow people in the gas stations and grocery stores won't be chairing committees. I don't have a crystal ball. Midterms are very tricky."

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City

"I can not confidently tell our audience tonight that in 34 days that the House is not going to be in the hands of Nancy Pelosi. I can not confidently say Chuckie Schumer is not going to be the Senate majority leader. And I can not confidently say that somebody, like Maxine Walters with her reckless rhetoric, you know, get in their faces, etc, follow people in the gas stations and grocery stores won't be chairing committees. I don't have a crystal ball. Midterms are very tricky."
Seriously?!? Sean Hannity said that? Just when you thought you'd heard it all. I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you. :runaway:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Seriously Townie? an article with a record of correct predictions, and a detailed explination of how the prediction worked and should work again.... versus.... a person with a map that she flips as she sees fit?

You did not just make that post, did you? Really? Seriously? That's embarrassing.

but worse than that.... your opening comments were divisive and inflammatory, for no reason other than you simply do not want to get along with others, and have no intention of listening to the concerns and positions of others. Why do you do that? Why can't we get along? Why do you continue to vulcanize the discussions and paint others as villains?
LOL, This is what Rep. Paul Ryan said early in the year:

“We're going to have to get back next year at entitlement reform, which is how you tackle the debt and the deficit. Frankly, it's the health care entitlements that are the big drivers of our debt, so we spend more time on the health care entitlements — because that's really where the problem lies, fiscally speaking."

But then he's not running for reelection.

Of course, you would want it thrown in that Ryan also had more to say:

“I think the president is understanding that choice and competition works everywhere in health care, especially in Medicare. This has been my big thing for many, many years. I think it's the biggest entitlement we've got to reform.”

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
I gather that you're not one of the many conservatives who loves Hannity, even though he is no. 1 on Fox News.
You should gather, what else should he say?

Hannity is similar to Limbaugh in being a bit too bombastic for me so I don't watch or listen to them much. Except.......... when large events like this spectacle insure they're going to have the latest scoop, unslanted, although rife with cheerful bringing.

In other words, what's so stunning about the Hannity quote that you moistened your panties over?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK

Yeah, he's a biased opinion show host who's trying to motivate Republicans to get out and vote. What's your point?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

You actually watch Fox News and take notes!?!

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

so why quote someone that is "not confident", when we already have a post from someone that is confident? What is your point? Did Hannity predict the last election correctly? What is his track record?

I don't watch or listen to Hannity, I'm glad the left find him interesting.