Big Monday should be interesting next week

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Well

Is this really just a dream?
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
From the article.

"Adding to the bizarre finish, both teams were summoned back from the locker rooms by the officials, and one-tenth of a second was put on the clock. Kansas State shot technical free throws to a chorus of boos from the few thousand fans who were still in the arena."

Hadn't heard this happened. I understand that games need an "official" end. But this is just silly.

Nov 14, 2010
From the article.

"Adding to the bizarre finish, both teams were summoned back from the locker rooms by the officials, and one-tenth of a second was put on the clock. Kansas State shot technical free throws to a chorus of boos from the few thousand fans who were still in the arena."

Hadn't heard this happened. I understand that games need an "official" end. But this is just silly.
It was probably just to make all the ejections official

Every bench player for both teams was ejected.

Having an offficial ejection from a game probably makes handing down a punishment more clear cut

Nov 23, 2007
It’s a bit sad that the Kansas State players displayed an almost total lack of decorum.

Hasn’t anyone ever explained to them that you’re supposed to yield the floor to the speaker who holds the chair?

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
From the article.

Vegas.......

Jan 13, 2005
The KU player that recoved to run up and blocked the shot - great play. But then he walked up to and loomed over the KSU player. Gotta say I wouldn't have taken that well either if I were the KSU player.
The KSU player shouldn't have tried to steal the ball and make a meaningless bucket. Its pretty common practice to dribble out the clock and not try to score. Both sides have to take equal blame on this. Mistakes were made all around.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
The KSU player shouldn't have tried to steal the ball and make a meaningless bucket. Its pretty common practice to dribble out the clock and not try to score. Both sides have to take equal blame on this. Mistakes were made all around.
If there was time of the clock and he was making a basketball play then I do not see how those actions could be held against him. Now once he attacked the KU player for standing over him and taunting him he was in the wrong though.

Jan 13, 2005
If there was time of the clock and he was making a basketball play then I do not see how those actions could be held against him. Now once he attacked the KU player for standing over him and taunting him he was in the wrong though.
Because that play happened with less than 10 seconds left down 20. He wasn't trying to spark some run to win the game. He was trying to take his frustrations out. Its a bush league move. Like in baseball there are unwritten rules. Kansas was trying to be a good sport by not trying to score and just letting the game clock run out. He started the whole mess. Kanas took it to a whole different level though.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Because that play happened with less than 10 seconds left down 20. He wasn't trying to spark some run to win the game. He was trying to take his frustrations out. Its a bush league move. Like in baseball there are unwritten rules. Kansas was trying to be a good sport by not trying to score and just letting the game clock run out. He started the whole mess. Kanas took it to a whole different level though.
Heck yeah its bush league but again if time is on the clock then its part of the game.

Feb 25, 2008
It's interesting to go back and say "if only".... If only the KU player with the ball didn't extend his arm into the KSU defender perhaps he wouldn't have stolen the ball. If only the KU player didn't give a hard block on the play before that normally would have been a foul but the refs ignored it in order to get the game over with.

It would be interesting to watch the last 10 minutes to see what other "if only"s are in there.

Apr 7, 2006
You got me super curious...

The score at the time of the incident was 81-59 and here was the line information:

Moneyline: KSU: (+1050) | KU: (-1850)
Spread: KSU: +16 (-105) | KU: -16 (-115)
Total: 126.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)

So the outcome was not in any doubt in Vegas (I would've loved to find that the point spread was 21-22...that would've been interesting)

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
You got me super curious...

The score at the time of the incident was 81-59 and here was the line information:

Moneyline: KSU: (+1050) | KU: (-1850)
Spread: KSU: +16 (-105) | KU: -16 (-115)
Total: 126.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)

So the outcome was not in any doubt in Vegas (I would've loved to find that the point spread was 21-22...that would've been interesting)
i'm guessing the game would have to become "official" for bettors/vegas to collect on bets

Jun 14, 2011
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...an-big-12-suspends-four-brawl-vs-kansas-state

Big 12 Suspensions:
KU Silvio De Sousa - 12 games
KU David McCormack - 2 games
KSU James Love - 8 games
KSU Antonio Gordon - 3 games

How does this affect our games with them?
KSU - Love is a nobody is rarely sees the floor and Gordon is a 1st/2nd guy off the bench. Gordon will be back for our fist game against KSU and who cares about Love.
KU - De Sousa averages 18 minutes per game, but doesn't have a huge statistical presence. I think McCormack is a bigger lose of the two. McCormack will be out on monday against us and De Sousa will miss both our match-ups.

Feb 4, 2016
florida
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...an-big-12-suspends-four-brawl-vs-kansas-state

Big 12 Suspensions:
KU Silvio De Sousa - 12 games
KU David McCormack - 2 games
KSU James Love - 8 games
KSU Antonio Gordon - 3 games

How does this affect our games with them?
KSU - Love is a nobody is rarely sees the floor and Gordon is a 1st/2nd guy off the bench. Gordon will be back for our fist game against KSU and who cares about Love.
KU - De Sousa averages 18 minutes per game, but doesn't have a huge statistical presence. I think McCormack is a bigger lose of the two. McCormack will be out on monday against us and De Sousa will miss both our match-ups.
So it doesn't mean squat. I was hoping for suspensions for everybody that left the bench on both teams. They were all ejected from the game but what did it matter with 1 second to play. An ejection from a game should come with a mandatory suspension for multiple games.