Big Monday should be interesting next week

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
Because that play happened with less than 10 seconds left down 20. He wasn't trying to spark some run to win the game. He was trying to take his frustrations out. Its a bush league move. Like in baseball there are unwritten rules.
the “unwritten rule” is that if the win is secured, the team in the lead doesn’t try to score. If you’re the team getting throttled, you go score.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Because that play happened with less than 10 seconds left down 20. He wasn't trying to spark some run to win the game. He was trying to take his frustrations out. Its a bush league move. Like in baseball there are unwritten rules. Kansas was trying to be a good sport by not trying to score and just letting the game clock run out. He started the whole mess. Kanas took it to a whole different level though.
Meh, it’s a rivalry game. I’ve seen so many times in rivalry games where the leading team looks to dribble it out then puts up a shot before the buzzer. I have no problem with the KSU play or the KU block if that’s where it ended, no biggie, it’s competition. The taunt is where it becomes a problem.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Big Time Bad for basketball and especially Big 12 Basketball. I was frankly disturb when it was broadcast on TV. I don't know all the "moves" or throws but seems a few players should never play again in the Big 12
That seems a bit harsh.

You must remember that this was a heated rivalry game, players are young, hotheaded bulls (remember when you were young?) and the KSU player kinda instigated the whole thing by not just running out the clock in a huge beatdown.

Now, you say, "Well, the game was still going on.." or "Why didn't KU just let him dunk and walk away?". But, let's look at the background of most of the kids on the teams. There's a big, macho thing going on in athletics. It ain't Sunday School for most of these guys.

The situation escalated quickly.

https://media.giphy.com/media/XWwIzh5GIWWf6/giphy.gif

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Meh, it’s a rivalry game. I’ve seen so many times in rivalry games where the leading team looks to dribble it out then puts up a shot before the buzzer. I have no problem with the KSU play or the KU block if that’s where it ended, no biggie, it’s competition. The taunt is where it becomes a problem.
I remember back in the Eddie days we alley-oop’d ou instead of running the clock out. It was glorious. GIA erupted.