1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Bill Haisten's tweets re: QB race

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by JavaGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowboys_Blues

Cowboys_Blues Wrangler

I feel like Chelf is the guy off of Blue Mountain State. He doesn't want to be the starter because he won't have to work hard and party at night. Saying that though, I believe Chelf is still the starter, but barely over Walsh. I really think Lunt should redshirt. I just want to reassure people that redshirting a person does not mean we can't use him. I think if Walsh or Chelf play bad, we can burn his redshirt and play him
  2. malpoke

malpoke Wrangler

Chelf is not Reid nor Aso Pogi.

Chelf was a mid level recruit that originally committed to Tulsa that we snagged away from them. Chelf is orange blooded kid that came from an orange blooded family. He is here at OSU to work hard and contribute the best he could to the team. Even if that is to push , be ready and just to ride on the bench. He will be proud to back-up Walsh and assist where he could.

His brother had made us proud and he will too.

May the best QB win....and the rest keep fighting on and be ready. You never know when your number will be call upon.....and the team needs you.
    osufireman likes this.
  3. L-Town Poke

L-Town Poke can you quack like a duck

is that broderick browns # - I will have to get mine one if that is the case
  4. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Cowboy

1. Weeden's dog is the cutest in a jersey, so stay back posers.

2. I'm rooting for a freshman to take the starting job because I would love for a 4th year starter QB to helm our team someday. If Chelf is clearly better, than give him the job, but if it looks about even, than give it the guy with more years in him.

I also like Lunt the most of the QBs we have, but I don't know (also doubt) that he is ready to start yet
  5. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

Okay, I give. What?
  6. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

He is referring to Alex Moran.

Of course Moran became a bad ass QB and led BMS to a 11-1 season during his Junior season, so I would be happy with that.

Tune into Blue Mountain State, Wednesday nights on Spike. Followed by a brand new "1000 Ways to Die".
  7. stonewallpoke

Well, I was referring to why Clint Chelf would be compared to some guy who didn't want the job so he could party. But thanks for that too.

I'll take 11-1 from Clint Chelf.
  8. MustangPokeFan

MustangPokeFan Cowboy

I don't care who it is......I want the best person for the job and Gundy and Monken are smart enough to decide who that is. If Kat Espinosa is determined to be the QB that can lead us to back-to-back Big 12 titles then that's who I'm for......
    RutherfordFan likes this.
  9. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

Followed by another "1000 Ways to Die" and then another "1000 Ways to Die". And then an encore performance of "Blue Mountain State". On Spike!!!!
  10. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

I'm willing to bet my membership on here that the QB will be Walsh.
  11. stonewallpoke

O rly?
  12. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

Yep, I'm pretty confident he is going to take this.
    JavaGuy likes this.
  13. RutherfordFan

RutherfordFan Cowboy

I have a feeling it will be Walsh too but honestly need to see spring game. After spring game I might change my mind.
  14. JavaGuy

JavaGuy Cowboy

Completely agree with you. A lot of people are forgetting that Walsh is a very highly recruited QB. He was part of the prestigious Elite 11 QB camp. His dad is a HS head coach so he definitely has the intangibles. When it comes down to it I just think he is more talented and has a higher ceiling than Chelf.
  15. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

Walsh might have a higher ceiling than Chelf (which is very debatable) but right now I'm betting that Chelf's time in the system and game experience pays off and wins him the starting job. He also was a state champion and was very successful at the high school level. I think Chelf not only wins the spots but does so decisively. The competition will be for the #2 spot between Walsh and Lunt..... that will be close.
  16. stated

stated Cowboy

I'm betting on Lunt to get some snaps early. Monken likes this kid.
  17. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

There will be special offensive packages for Walsh to run though.
  18. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

I agree. I'll also say this, in last years spring game, I wanted to see one thing. I wanted to see how Walsh would handle himself not knowing a lick of anything. I felt that if he looked terrible then it would be a tossup of how good he could be. But if he could blend in and make some plays then it would be very telling how could he could be once he has more time to get used to things. Well, last spring he exceeded my expectations. I didn't only think he blended in, but he was actually standing out at times. To stand out with only 2 weeks on the team on this level is very telling in what a dude will probably do once he gets things figured out. Right now my assumption is that he is going to go into spring practice and probably stand out again. This time probably even more. Time will tell.
  19. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

Chelf wasn't a state champion at Enid. That lost to Union.
  20. GoPokeU

GoPokeU Wrangler

Exactly where did I read too much into anything?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.