1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Bill Haisten's tweets re: QB race

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by JavaGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

He's doing really well but he's at NSU. He better be able to do work on that level. I don't remember him being a 4 star. My memory fails me, obviously.
  2. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

Yeah, I forgot about him. Now playing baseball at TAMU I believe.
  3. Celldweller7

A/V Subscriber Celldweller7 Deputy

Deaton and Sorenson, with Nate Sorenson being a complete evaluation miss (not a bash, every coaching staff in America does it and so do the pros), he couldn't play QB at any D1 school. Left football entirely and is a walk-on for the A&M baseball team now.

Deaton could throw but he wasn't Big 12 caliber, at least not for this decade of the Big 12. I think he could've made it at smaller D1 universities (MAC, WAC, Sun Belt) but decided to go close to home & play immediately.
  4. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

With the exception of saying that Walsh is a good QB, I think you're WAY off on your conclusions. Especially the conclusion that Chelf won't be the starter based on a few comments by Gundy. You're assuming WAY too much there. And I think your comparison to the Weeden situation doesn't hold much water either. Going into the 2010 season Chelf was a redshirt freshman, Cate had played horrible versus Colorado and Weeden had played great and was a redshirt Junior. Of course he would be named the starter going into the spring workouts. Just because Chelf hasn't been named that guy now, going into a very different situations, does not mean anything.
  5. Captain America

Captain America Wrangler

Honey Badger don't care! Honey Badger doesn't give a SH!%!
    GoPokeU likes this.
  6. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

Thats no different than Walsh being a redshirt freshmen going in this Spring competing against a Junior in Chelf. Only difference is that Gundy named Weeden the #1 guy. He hasn't done that for Chelf. There is your clue right there.If Gundy hasn't named you starter and you have had a few games to get in and it still isn't enough, then it tells me you more than likely won't be the guy. I'm not Gundy so I could be totally off. But I bet I'm not.
  7. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

The vehicle of choice for UM heisman winners. Also dangerous.

8. EdgarAllanPoke

EdgarAllanPoke Cowboy

True freshmen who have started excelled as OSU's starting QB:
    --Mike Gundy
    --Tony Lindsey
    --Josh Fields
    StillwaterMan likes this.
  9. goPOKES918

goPOKES918 Wrangler

Just for reference, it's becoming increasingly popular for students to ride these scooters around campus. Hell you can fill it up with gas for 4 bucks
  10. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

Again you're assuming way to much off very little information. Actually, NO information. You're assuming to much off a cookie cutter coaches quote. I'd say it is WAY more likely that Gundy just doesn't want to risk giving any sort of a sense of entitlement to any one QB. Or any player on the team for that matter.

And again, there is a BIG difference in those situations. Weeden had significant game experience in a high pressure situation in the CU game. Chelf, while he as good game time experience, only has it in mop up time. That right there is enough to justify not naming Chelf the starter right away. You are assuming WAY too much about who will or will not be the starter based on Gundy's statements.
  11. goPOKES918

goPOKES918 Wrangler

Would you guys say J.W. and Chelf are better passers than Zac?
  12. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

Well. I'm not basing it on his quote alone. I basing it on his previous history as to what he has done and said before in the same situation. On top of that Walsh is just a better QB. Period. All I can tell you now is to just wait and see in the spring and we won't even be having this discussion anymore.
  13. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

14. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

No. You don't know that. That may very well turn out to be the case but you don't have enough to make that statement and it be anything more than you blowing smoke. The only facts that you are speaking is that we'll find out in the spring.
  15. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

Zac was actually a pretty solid passer, IMO. He's no Weeden, but how many QBs are. I would need more time to watch JW and Chelf before I could weigh in on who is better.
  16. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Cowboy

17. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

I would say about the same. When Chelf first got here his arm was awful and I thought he would never play here. But over the years he has worked on his mechanics and he gets better spin on it. Walsh came in already on Robinson's level throwing wise.
  18. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

Well when you see them in person its pretty easy to make your own judgement with that.
  19. Jonathangpark

Jonathangpark Wrangler

I'm so ready for this honey badger crap too go the way of the buffalo... if it could do it not slowly but with a quickness, it would forever have my gratitude... :thumbdown:
  20. SportinOrange

SportinOrange Cowboy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.