1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Bo Pellini is a total embarassment for Neb.

Discussion in 'Non-OSU Sports Discussion' started by The Poke, Jan 2, 2012.

1. H2Orange

A/V Subscriber H2Orange Sitting on the Group W bench

Somehow this train jumped the tracks.

Back to the original OP. I think it only a matter of time before Pelini goes Woody Hayes on some player, referee, yard stick dude, or sideline reporter. The spit doesn't bother me. It's when that beak starts running and he is slinging snot every direction that scares me.
    OSU Sig likes this.
  2. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Cowboy

The visual image that conjures up is unsetteling, but funny.
  3. drbwh

drbwh Cowboy

if they have a scholarship and are of age, no parent can force them to go anywhere.
  4. drbwh

drbwh Cowboy

I will answer that. he is a arrogant douche bag.
    GoPokeU likes this.
  5. drbwh

drbwh Cowboy

this is very impressive and i commend you for your accomplishments, but compared to even the most unsuccessful >30 year old on this forum, you are an idiot. not intellectually, but just life experience wise. you will understand someday
    stonewallpoke likes this.
  6. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Deputy

As much an ass as Pelini is, that would be a stupid thing for you to do. It should never be your decision on where your kid goes to college.

7. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Deputy

Your 18 yr old son's an adult and should be able to decide for himself. Did your parents tell you where you're going to for your career?

8. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Cowboy

Nor is it your position to be critical of other's parenting decisions.
    CTeamPoke and stonewallpoke like this.
  9. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Cowboy

I'll ask you a question regarding your parenting decisions. Your 18 year old daughter wants to move in with Miguel as he travels the country playing in bars. You going to allow this?
  10. SiggyPoke

SiggyPoke Deputy

Nice analogy. I'd recommend against it in a loving parental fashion, but in the end, it's her decision to make. Life's about choices and learning to live with them and we learn more from our mistakes than we do our accomplishments.

11. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Cowboy

And your wife, does she get a say?
    You are right about choices and learning from mistakes. But there is no reason to put your hand in a fire if you've been told not to, for it will burn.
    How about drinking and driving. Another choice? Or would you forbid your child to take his/her car after knocking a few back while watching a ball game?
    CTeamPoke likes this.
  12. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

I don't think anyone here is advocating literally locking the kid in his room until he promises not to play for Bo Pelini. I think the idea of not allowing it is more related to the stern suggestion not to play for Bo Pelini. If you're a good parent, your opinion will be respected enough to be followed by the 18 year old in question because they recognize it as sound advice rather than an order.
    GoPokeU and ostater2319 like this.
  13. kaboy42

kaboy42 Cowboy

Stonewall hit the nail squarely on the head vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv. I can't answer it better than that. Sure my parents gave me some very stern suggestions, teetering on the edge of absolute refusal... I heeded MOST of those suggestions and some I ignored and had to live with the consequences... I can pass that experience on to my son and daughter, just like my mom and dad did.

GoPokeU likes this.
  14. ostater2319

ostater2319 Wrangler

I would venture a guess that anyone in this thread taking the position "let em do what they want" does NOT have kids and is in fact, a kid themselves. Sorry guys....18 is NOT an adult. You may be legal, but still a good idea to listen to your parents.
    kaboy42, OSU Sig, CTeamPoke and 2 others like this.
  15. CyFan

CyFan Wrangler

Why would anyone want to play for Bo Pelini when they could play for Paul Rhoads?:)

GoPokeU likes this.
  16. stonewallpoke

Paul Rhoads is awesome. In a universe where there's no Mike Gundy, I'd love to have Paul Rhoads.
    CyFan likes this.
  17. kaboy42

kaboy42 Cowboy

+1...

Completely agree! I came within one second of posting the exact same sentence in this thread yesterday... Figured it would start a buttload of crap and decided against it. I'll be the first to admit that at 18 I was NO.WHERE.NEAR being considered an adult. Even at 39 I have my "pup" moments still.
  18. kaboy42

kaboy42 Cowboy

THIS!!! I'd bust my butt... run thru a brick wall... play the game till my last breath... for a Coach like Gundy or Rhoads!!!

Pelini is at the opposite end of that spectrum. I said it before in this thread, his type is a DE-motivator.
  19. billdawg

billdawg Cowboy

I know two kids who play for NU. They both say that Bo Pelini is a great coach and has the mentality of it's them against the world. As far as my kid going to NU or any other school I don't feel they should, all I can do is have taught them for the years leading up to it. All of you who say you would tell your kid they couldnt go there are being silly. If your kid wants to, he will, if for no other reason than to prove himself .If you've given your kid a good base growing up, you have to let them make theri own decisions. Yes, cousel them, but ultimately if you trust them you have to let them go. And before anyone gets bunged up I have 4 kids aged from 24 to 9.
    All that being said, there are some NU fans that like the emotion of Bo, and some that think it's wearing thin. I will say this, if he was winning 10-12 games a year, nobody would care. He'd be colorful. If he goes 9-4 again next year with no divison/conference championship, his seat will be quite a bit warmer.
  20. stonewallpoke

I'd say that the problem with that mentality is that once a kid screws up, he becomes a member of "the world".