BPS Seat Reconfiguration

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 28, 2008
Received a call this morning from the ticket office letting us know we would have to move our season ticket seats to another part of the west end zone. Apparently the student section is shifting away from the north side of the stadium and more into the end zone. I know for sure section 330 will no longer be students. Additionally, the band is moving from right behind the goal post in the west end zone to section 321. Thought this was odd moving the band up higher in the stadium. I was told it was all in an effort to strengthen the atmosphere of the student portion of the stadium. Guess we’ll see how these changes feel this upcoming season.

Jul 15, 2005
They are also doing a pricing restructure so everyone needs to be aware, tickets will be going up in price.
I was afraid of that with all of the optimism for next season. Mike Holder never lets an opportunity pass by to stick it to the loyal and faithful football season ticket holders.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I was afraid of that with all of the optimism for next season. Mike Holder never lets an opportunity pass by to stick it to the loyal and faithful football season ticket holders.
Sweet geezus, it's a freaking business & it takes money to run one successfully.

Would you rather our AD just ignore increased demand & keep prices flat? Would that be great leadership?

Mar 1, 2005
Enid, Oklahoma
It has nothing to do with expectations. It has EVERYTHING to do with seven home games, instead of six. Holder is well aware of the price structure and has been sensitive to that, especially for football.

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas
It has nothing to do with expectations. It has EVERYTHING to do with seven home games, instead of six. Holder is well aware of the price structure and has been sensitive to that, especially for football.
That’s false. Last time we had 7 games then went to 6 games he didn’t adjust down. He’s aware. And as someone that has season tickets to many other nearby schools believe me holder is definitely making sure we have upper level pricing for the product we actually put out

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
That’s false. Last time we had 7 games then went to 6 games he didn’t adjust down. He’s aware. And as someone that has season tickets to many other nearby schools believe me holder is definitely making sure we have upper level pricing for the product we actually put out
7 game season- "Gotta raise season ticket prices bc there's an additional game.
6 game season- [Whistle]

Rinse and repeat...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Just talked with the people we sit next to in 202 and they were told today that they have to move too. Doesn't really make sense how moving the students and band would impact section 202... We haven't been notified of any changes yet.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
6 game season- [Whistle]

Rinse and repeat...

So, for the program that funds the Athletic Dept., how long should prices remain flat?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
6 game season- [Whistle]

Rinse and repeat...

So, for the program that funds the Athletic Dept., how long should prices remain flat?
I'm not saying it has to stay flat, just that claiming it's bc of the number of games is complete BS.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Received a call this morning from the ticket office letting us know we would have to move our season ticket seats to another part of the west end zone. Apparently the student section is shifting away from the north side of the stadium and more into the end zone. I know for sure section 330 will no longer be students. Additionally, the band is moving from right behind the goal post in the west end zone to section 321. Thought this was odd moving the band up higher in the stadium. I was told it was all in an effort to strengthen the atmosphere of the student portion of the stadium. Guess we’ll see how these changes feel this upcoming season.
I don't blame the university for moving the students (especially the greeks) to less desirable seating. The greeks (whom I was a part of during my matriculating years) are always leaving early and it really ticks me off to think they're too busy to stay and support the team. And if the students that are too lazy to attend don't go now, at least it won't look as bad as it has on tv.

Holder has a team of people crunching the numbers and always trying to move us forward. Of course, all of his decisions aren't pure gold (AHEM...basketball coaches), you can't find another AD that cares more about OSU than Mike Holder. Just look at his results over the course of his tenure.

Why can't our students be more enthusiastic? We need to instill more participation somehow outside of paddle people, which is a fine organization and has worked their way into the fabric of OSU football. The rest of the students (in total -- I know there are a few of you that really care, okay.) are pretty MEH!

Apr 7, 2006
It's actually a matter of alternating between "prices aren't going up" (in years with 6 home games) and "the price per game isn't going up" (years with 7 or 8 home games). This is the recipe for consistent pricing increases without making it dramatic.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I don't blame the university for moving the students (especially the greeks) to less desirable seating. The greeks (whom I was a part of during my matriculating years) are always leaving early and it really ticks me off to think they're too busy to stay and support the team. And if the students that are too lazy to attend don't go now, at least it won't look as bad as it has on tv.

Holder has a team of people crunching the numbers and always trying to move us forward. Of course, all of his decisions aren't pure gold (AHEM...basketball coaches), you can't find another AD that cares more about OSU than Mike Holder. Just look at his results over the course of his tenure.

Why can't our students be more enthusiastic? We need to instill more participation somehow outside of paddle people, which is a fine organization and has worked their way into the fabric of OSU football. The rest of the students (in total -- I know there are a few of you that really care, okay.) are pretty MEH!
I agree, but it seems even the Paddle People are more subdued these days.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
I'm not saying it has to stay flat, just that claiming it's bc of the number of games is complete BS.

Actually it is due to number of games. Fans proved they had the same desire to see 6 games at the price of previous 7 games. So, on years where number of home games are 6, the "price per game" is reset.

Holder increases prices and points to number of home games. Fans whine while paying the bill and then get over it once season starts. Not that complicated.

Mar 11, 2006

I never understand the bashing of those in fraternities and sororities. They account for a minority of the student population and seem to be a good percentage of the student fans in the games I attend for football and basketball. They appear to way overindex for attendance at sporting events.
And certainly their large involvement in homecoming makes that event one of the best in the country.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I never understand the bashing of those in fraternities and sororities. They account for a minority of the student population and seem to be a good percentage of the student fans in the games I attend for football and basketball. They appear to way overindex for attendance at sporting events.
And certainly their large involvement in homecoming makes that event one of the best in the country.
Homecoming is basically their contests. If they want to keep them at the game they should place them by frat and sor then take numbers at some point in the 4th quarter for homecoming