BPS Seat Reconfiguration

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 10, 2015
Stillwater
As someone who has been to all big 8/12/new 12 stadiums, not all of them have a guy running around screaming into a mic. We are the only university that has one who just yells into the mic as if the fans are going to get hyped from him. Also, does anyone else notice he does the S backwards in the video?

The "suck my cowboy D*** B****" is "Talking out the side your neck" aka "NECK" started by Southern U, but made famous by LSU 15 yrs ago. The added lyrics were obviously from students at LSU 9 yrs ago so be "thankful" we have just caught on to this.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
As someone who has been to all big 8/12/new 12 stadiums, not all of them have a guy running around screaming into a mic. We are the only university that has one who just yells into the mic as if the fans are going to get hyped from him. Also, does anyone else notice he does the S backwards in the video?
The only thing that really bothers me about the hype guy is the pre game orange power chant. Why in the world do they feel like he needs to spell out for everyone for the north stands to shout orange and the south side shout power?? We know! It makes it look like he's introducing us to some new tradition they're trying to start. All he needs to do is say "You know the drill. 1... 2... 3..." and point to the north stands. WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING. lol

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
Just talked with the people we sit next to in 202 and they were told today that they have to move too. Doesn't really make sense how moving the students and band would impact section 202... We haven't been notified of any changes yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Player family seating is moving to 202

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Just talked with the people we sit next to in 202 and they were told today that they have to move too. Doesn't really make sense how moving the students and band would impact section 202... We haven't been notified of any changes yet.

Player family seating is moving to 202
Well crap... Guess we'll be moving too then...

Aug 11, 2004
Newkirk, Ok
Kiss cam is sweet and sometimes silly. I got on once with my 5 year old daughter kissing my cheek. As for Les "the loudmouthed guy with the mic", most stadiums or arenas have someone like that. An emcee that runs around the crowd doing things. What do you really not like about him?

https://youtu.be/67BUqguVJGE

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I thought I said, I can't understand him, the guy with the roving mic. Couldn't understand the guy before him. Being loud just for the sake of being loud isn't entertaining to me. Personally I'm there to watch the game, not be entertained every second I'm in the building. I like a break when play stops to, you know, maybe talk about the game.

As for the kiss cam, not everyone wants to be on it. I was on it once too, was sitting next to an old friend from college days who's married. I didn't think the camera was ever going to move on, embarassed both of us. At least with like the dance cam and simba cam, people are standing up to draw the camera to themselves. The kiss cam can be a little bit too intrusive.

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
Well crap... Guess we'll be moving too then...

I'll be moving as well.. Worst part is, seats of equal value are for the most part already in someone else's name from the past. I'm not mad that they are trying to reconfigure, I just don't know where I will move to along with the others who will be moving.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I'll be moving as well.. Worst part is, seats of equal value are for the most part already in someone else's name from the past. I'm not mad that they are trying to reconfigure, I just don't know where I will move to along with the others who will be moving.
Yeah, we we're about half way up and my 2nd cousins had the 2 seats closest to the aisle and we were the next two. There's no chance that similar seats will be available without paying more... If our seats are being reallocated, then my wife and I will have some thinking to do. I'm not about to the pay the same for less, so either we'll upgrade or we'll just not renew. And I'm not saying that in a "they're being mean so I'm just gonna go home" kinda way. It's an expense that we've contemplated eliminating for budget reasons and we end up missing 1 or 2 games a season anyways, usually due to someone getting sick. The main reason we've kept our tickets is because we had good seats around good people that I didn't want to give up.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
As for the kiss cam, not everyone wants to be on it. I was on it once too, was sitting next to an old friend from college days who's married. I didn't think the camera was ever going to move on, embarassed both of us. At least with like the dance cam and simba cam, people are standing up to draw the camera to themselves. The kiss cam can be a little bit too intrusive.
This guy went to a game with his sister, so he was prepared.

1579547313814.png

keystonecowboy

Loyalist & Truest
A/V Subscriber
Oct 2, 2018
Stillwater
Yeah, we we're about half way up and my 2nd cousins had the 2 seats closest to the aisle and we were the next two. There's no chance that similar seats will be available without paying more... If our seats are being reallocated, then my wife and I will have some thinking to do. I'm not about to the pay the same for less, so either we'll upgrade or we'll just not renew. And I'm not saying that in a "they're being mean so I'm just gonna go home" kinda way. It's an expense that we've contemplated eliminating for budget reasons and we end up missing 1 or 2 games a season anyways, usually due to someone getting sick. The main reason we've kept our tickets is because we had good seats around good people that I didn't want to give up.
You hate to see it...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

The "suck my cowboy D*** B****" is "Talking out the side your neck" aka "NECK" started by Southern U, but made famous by LSU 15 yrs ago. The added lyrics were obviously from students at LSU 9 yrs ago so be "thankful" we have just caught on to this.
You're saying neck is the name of the song?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The only thing that really bothers me about the hype guy is the pre game orange power chant. Why in the world do they feel like he needs to spell out for everyone for the north stands to shout orange and the south side shout power?? We know! It makes it look like he's introducing us to some new tradition they're trying to start. All he needs to do is say "You know the drill. 1... 2... 3..." and point to the north stands. WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING. lol
Not everybody does....

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Not everybody does....

There's enough of us that do that the rest would figure it out pretty quick...

Jul 15, 2005
Stillwater, OK
You can actually understand what he says???

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I'm certainly not questioning that OSU is better than it ever has been, but the idea that we were in the Widerness in the past is a fallacy.

In the 70's we played 11 games so there was one less opportunity to win 7 games.

But....at that
OSU won 7 games or more 4 times that decade and had a winning record 6 times in the decade of the 70's and won a Conference Championship.

In the 80's we won 7 or more games 6 times, had 3 10 win seasons and 7 winning seasons.

So....between the 70's and 80' we won 7 games or more half the time.

The 90's were obviously bad due to probation, but then it picked right back up in the 2000's with Les, then Mike
Ah, yes. The glory days of OSU football revisited.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
This can’t possibly be?! It doesn’t fit the internet narrative!
https://twitter.com/cowboyfb/status/1220372789041029120?s=21