1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Browns targeting 'The Weeden' for QB competition

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by GoPokeU, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Redhawk

Redhawk Founding member of the Ben Grogan Fan Club A/V Subscriber

I don't think any team is drafting him as a project. Whoever picks him, I imagine, will be looking to have him as a starter very soon.

RolandDeschain likes this.
  2. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Exactly what I think and if the browns can get him at 22 then they ca nget him in the second round. Im just afraid of him slipping past the browns for some reason into a free fall.

3. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Im assuming most teams are looking at him as a finished product so in my opinion if you don't think he is better than your present QB from day one then there really isn't a need to draft him.

4. CowboyinAZ

CowboyinAZ Deputy

HMMM thats what McShay said.....:confused:

5. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Federal Marshal

Weeden would be absolutely killed behind that OL. Please don't let him be drafted there, it will mean a very short career for him I'm afraid.

i<3mypokes likes this.
  6. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Im also worried about that he si a pocket passer and most of the teams that need a QB have abismal O lines. I think Miami would be a good fit but they seem to be locked in on Tanehill. I don't see another good situation but hopefully im wrong. Colt took a massive beating last season.

7. croc_hunter

croc_hunter Cowboy

Trannyhill makes horrible decisions. You cant teach that. It will simply show more in the NFL how bad he is.

Weeden won't drop lower than 22 in the draft. Bank on it. No way he drops to the 2nd rd. not from what I'm reading in the press about him.

8. croc_hunter

croc_hunter Cowboy

Oh and while I'm making predictions: Lunt will start more games this year than the other two QBs.

9. Samuel Hanson

Samuel Hanson Cowboy

Who do you think picks him before 22 or after 22 before the browns draft again at 37?

10. croc_hunter

croc_hunter Cowboy

Redskins pass on RG3 and take weeden.

ramases2112 and Noven like this.
  11. GoPokeU

GoPokeU Cowboy

And RGIII throws an absolute HISSY, knocks over his reserved table in the back, falls to the floor and rolls around, then jumps up and runs around the room in circles.

12. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

He has to take his helmet off first and pretend like Markelle did it.

GoPokeU likes this.
  13. PokeLady211

PokeLady211 Territorial Marshal

http://www.ohio.com/news/top-storie...ing-oklahoma-state-qb-brandon-weeden-1.294409

Should I go buy a shirt yet :)

“If you counted the top 20 throws that Andrew Luck made, the top 20 throws that Robert Griffin made, the top 20 throws that Tannehill made, Weeden, [Boise State’s] Kellen Moore, you walk away and you say, ‘Brandon Weeden makes the most difficult throws in college football,’” Gruden said. “He’s got a tremendous arm, great anticipation.

HeartLike_JohnStarks likes this.
  14. JavaGuy

JavaGuy Cowboy

Being a life long Steelers fan it will be tough rooting for the Browns but they continue W2B then I may adopt a second favorite team. I think the Cards and Dolphins are other possibilities for Weeden but do agree that it's looking more like it's gonna be the Browns at either picks 22 or 37.

15. PokeLady211

Did you read in this article that they think Richardson over Blackmon. I was kind of thinking blackmon was a shoe in for the browns. Guess not?

16. JavaGuy

JavaGuy Cowboy

Yeah a lot of people are saying they will probably take Richardson but who really knows. They need play makers everywhere (QB, RB, WR) so it's just a matter of who they think fits better with their offensive philosophy.

17. PokeLady211

It is very interesting to say the least. I sit here and watch these "analyst debate".

Yesterday I heard this on ESPN:

" Tannehill isnt overreated..he will just need some training and "time" to become the player the NFL needs him to be."

oh ok so while you are wasting your money and time on him...Weeden meanwhile is ready to go but you hold him back because of what? A number? Its the one and only knock I can find on him. So I just laugh when I hear people praise Tannehill over Weeden.

18. JavaGuy

JavaGuy Cowboy

I hear ya and get so PO'ed at guys like McShay for having this man crush on Tannehill. The way I look at it is this ...it will take Tannehill 3-4 years to maybe develop into good NFL QB (primarily due to his limited time playing QB as evidenced by his main criticism of making poor decisions). So when he is ready he will be 27 or 28 years old. Why not go with the guy that's NFL ready who happens to be 28 right now? Something else that these "gurus" don't talk about is Weeden's shelf life. By that I mean that, despite being 28 years old, his body is equivalent to a 22-23 year old QB because he's taken the same amount of snaps if not less than those younger guys.

19. okstate0303

okstate0303 Sheriff

He'll definitely compete at the next level and win.

RolandDeschain likes this.
  20. PokeLady211

Exactly. Why not get 8 good years immediately and get your money worth? I dont think its brain science yet they act like it is. I understand that a guy like Weeden is rare..and typically does not happen in the draft but regardless you cant deny the truth.

The only thing I see good about tannehill right now is that he is big...other than that he only played one great half of football in my opinion and by saying "great" I really mean good.