1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Browns targeting 'The Weeden' for QB competition

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by GoPokeU, Apr 12, 2012.

1. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

1. Right. I think he is known as a helluva talented quarterback first, and a great leader second.

2. I've never been on or off the Tannehill wagon, if you can even call it that. I'm just saying that if he is drafted in the top 10 (which he likely will be) you better believe those coaches analyzed him closer than any of us have and liked what they saw enough to use that high of a pick on him.

What you don't understand is that NFL scouts aren't just looking at how Tannehill did last year. They are looking at upside and potential. As I've said before, he is very similar to Blaine Gabbert as a prospect in my opinion. Great upside if utilized and developed correctly.
  2. PokeLady211

PokeLady211 Wrangler

I totally see your Tannehill part. Im just saying sometimes you are so quick to defend the opposition it makes me wonder. I know what the scouts are seeing if you are measuring him up alone. Why I was saying what I did was because he was being compared to Weeden. I get the "logic" of age, but I think what is beginning to happen is these "experts" are starting to realize that you cant size these two up together. they are 2 completely different packages.
  3. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

I'm always quick to defend the logical and unbiased side of arguments (except for some occasions when it pertains to OU). Whether I like the player/team or not, I try to remain objective.
  4. Hokey_Pokey

Hokey_Pokey Cowboy

I think the main difference is that Manning is a QB that teams were chasing for a Super Bowl right now. This season or the next. They were going to take a risk that he gets an entire season or two of football out there before being re-injured. The reason this works for Manning and not Weeden is teams know Manning is a Super Bowl level QB. Weeden, as good as he is, is a rookie, that is an extra layer of gamble.

I see the comparison, but I don't think that Weeden resonates with GMs the way Manning did, too far from their comfort zone.
  5. PokeLady211

PokeLady211 Wrangler

fair enough