1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Bud Light Platinum

Discussion in 'Tailgating, Cooking, Intoxicology' started by PistolPete'sMustache, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PistolPete'sMustache

PistolPete'sMustache Sheriff A/V Subscriber

I can learn to live with strong beers only in the liquor store, but can they at least allow them keep them cold? That is by far the stupidest part of the law. Is there any basis whatsoever for not allowing the strong beer to be cold? Is there some fear that someone will drink the cold strong beer immediately and be somehow more messed up driving home that if they did the same thing at the gas station with a low point beer? I mean seriously. It makes zero sense.

pokelahoman and stonewallpoke like this.
  2. dds115

dds115 Free Roverto!!! A/V Subscriber

I believe that is the thought behind the law, yes.

3. Jonkr06

Jonkr06 Territorial Marshal

Yep, I think that's pretty much it. Makes as much sense as most of the other asinine liquor laws in this state.

4. stonewallpoke

stonewallpoke Demon Brigade A/V Subscriber

That's the point, yes, but it still makes no sense. If someone was going to rip open their 12 pack of Newcastle Brown Ale and pop the top off and start chugging on their way home, they're going to do it whether it's cold or not.

pokelahoman likes this.
  5. CornDawg

CornDawg Deputy

I just hate the fact they waste my time as I rush home, put the warm beer in the freezer, then sit Indian style (politically incorrect?) on the floor in front of the freezer. Inevitably, the first beer I drink is still a touch warm.

pokelahoman likes this.
  6. for_petes_sake

for_petes_sake Congrats Big 12 Champs

I take offense to this in 2 ways.

(1) I am Indian and society tells me I should be pissed

(2) I am too fat to cross my legs, so society tells me I should be pissed

pokelahoman likes this.
  7. CornDawg

CornDawg Deputy

I, too, am Indian and now I'm pissed.

pokelahoman likes this.
  8. PokealypseNow

PokealypseNow Territorial Marshal

Aw, crap. I'm Osage, so let's make that three angry Indians.

9. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Federal Marshal

saw this stuff stacked case after case after case by the beer case in a Reasors in Owasso yesterday

10. bacowboy

bacowboy Territorial Marshal

Also you cannot buy a cork screw in the liquor store because of the fear of opening wine and drinking it on the way home but you can buy a bottle of bourbon, vodka, tequila, etc. and unscrew the top and chug it while driving. Oklahoma liquor laws make absolutely know sense what so ever.

stonewallpoke and zachya like this.
  11. Jonkr06

I wonder if they've ever considered the idea that an alcoholic who chugs wine while driving might keep a spare cork screw in their car.

12. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

I'm a homebrewer and a beer advocate and I take offense for 2 reasons.
    (1) It's offensive to sit Indian Style waiting for an India Pale Ale. (and culturally confused) ;)
    (2) try this to speed up chilling beer.

13. stonewallpoke

stonewallpoke Demon Brigade A/V Subscriber

It's sitting "Native American" style. You jerk. :D

And I'm currently drinking some BL Platinum. And it's...okay. It's 6.0% in accordance with Florida guidelines, and the only difference I can tell is that it has slightly more flavor. Whether or not that flavor is a good thing is up to personal preference.

If I ranked Bud Light a C- (a ranking it only gets for being chuggable during tailgating season), then I'd rank Platinum a B-.

14. PC_cowboy33

PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy A/V Subscriber

15. TexasPete

TexasPete Cowboy

We are selling out so fast that customers are having fits because they can't get it. Hottest new product on the market. 8000 cases in less than 3 weeks in the Texas Panhandle. We'll sell more Platinum in 3 months than we will sell of Craft beers in 2012. Must be pretty good. Hummm...

16. Jonkr06

Regular Bud Light sells well too...doesn't make it good.

HomebrewPoke, pokelahoman and zachya like this.
  17. TexasPete

TexasPete Cowboy

What is Regular Bud Light?

Anyway, I don't much care what your taste BUDS think, you're in the minority.

Most people prefer a light crisp tasting beer such as Bud Light. If you would rather drink a beer that taste like soup that's fine I sell them also, hell if you want to heat those Craft beers up and throw it in a bowl with crackers, I don't care to each his own.

I try all the new Crafts as we get them some are ok some are horrible but if you like em...drink em.

I know I wouldn't be able to make a living selling just Crafts, just not enough people that want them.

As a side note if you get a chance and can find the beers made by Rahr and Sons try it I think you'll like it. Small Micro out of Fort Worth pretty good stuff, ohhh it doesn't taste like a Bud Light lol

18. Jonkr06

Regular Bud Light would be that which is not of the Platinum variety.

I never argued what sells well, just that good sales don't necessarily mean good beer.

Rahr & Sons makes a good bourbon barrel aged winter warmer.

19. TexasPete

TexasPete Cowboy

Guess I could argue good beers and whatever beers all day but what it comes down to is if the beer your drinking taste good to you then probably that is one of your favorites and it does'nt matter if it's a Craft or a Bud Light...which ever beer is in my hand at the time is my favorite....
    So enjoy that Bayshore Oyster Stout with or without the crackers because to someone that is their favorite beer and it's not my place to tell them at's a bad beer.

20. Jonkr06

Whether in TEXAS or Oklahoma, Bud Light is not the same as Bud Light Platinum. That's why one is called Bud Light and the other Bud Light Platinum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.